Author Topic: TVI ordered to pay €20,000 to Robert Murat for calling him a "paedophile".  (Read 14601 times)

Offline slartibartfast

The word of 8 close friends would be stronger than your "Mum" IMO.

Having an alibi saying you were in one place all evening when a child disappeared probably trump partial alibis at various points of time the same evening.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

Having an alibi saying you were in one place all evening when a child disappeared probably trump partial alibis at various points of time the same evening.
They were certainly within a kilometre of where the child went missing from.   
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline sadie

They were certainly within a kilometre of where the child went missing from.

Actually The Murat villa is just 150 metres, crow flies  [ETA:  I think that I have typed this distance incorrectly and that it was rather less than that crow flies, but my Google Earth is playing up atm and I am unable to check] , from 5A.  Just a hop, skip and a jump.
Or walking about 150 metres with possibly an extra 10 metres to go around a wire net barrier that I seem to remember was on the triangular island immediately across from the Murat Villa, Casa Liliana 

No distance at all ... but doesn't mean anything on its own, does it?

Offline Sunny

Actually The Murat villa is just 150 metres, crow flies, from 5A.  Just a hop, skip and a jump.
Or walking about 150 metres with possibly an extra 10 metres to go around a wire net barrier that I seem to remember was on the triangular island immediately across from the Murat Villa, Casa Liliana 

No distance at all  ... but doesn't mean anything on its own, does it?

I thought the post was about the McCanns and their friends not about Murat.

By the way you must have very long legs I can't do 150 metres in a hop, skip and a jump  @)(++(*  But I know what you mean of course.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:47:17 AM by John »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline sadie

By the way you must have very long legs I can't do 150 metres in a hop, skip and a jump  @)(++(*  But I know what you mean of course.

Just responding to something started by Slarti a couple of weeks ago that I had missed.   Suggest that you take it up with him/her, I am sure he/ she would be happy to explain.
When you have been on here a while Sunny, you will notice that I am a bit of a stickler when it comes to distance.   

Glad that you can understand what a 'hop skip and a jump' is.   A common expression in the UK. 

Offline G-Unit

I don't know why Rob mentioned a kilometre in answer to Slartibartfast's post, which was about alibis, not distance.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

I don't know why Rob mentioned a kilometre in answer to Slartibartfast's post, which was about alibis, not distance.
I've been looking at many YouTubes on the topic of actual murder investigations.  OK the 1 km reference was a stab in the dark, but if Robert Murat or Gerry McCann were to explain where they were at 10:00 PM that night, whether you believe them or not they are likely to be within 1 km of where they said they were.

It is not like they were saying they were a 100 kms away in some other town, as the case often is in the murder investigations.  The perpetrator will often use an alibi that puts considerable distance between them and the crime scene.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

I've been looking at many YouTubes on the topic of actual murder investigations.  OK the 1 km reference was a stab in the dark, but if Robert Murat or Gerry McCann were to explain where they were at 10:00 PM that night, whether you believe them or not they are likely to be within 1 km of where they said they were.

It is not like they were saying they were a 100 kms away in some other town, as the case often is in the murder investigations.  The perpetrator will often use an alibi that puts considerable distance between them and the crime scene.

Thanks for the explanation, I wondered what you meant.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

Thanks for the explanation, I wondered what you meant.
It basically becomes impossible to use alibis to prove they were not involved.  The distances of 150 meters or so can be covered by walking in a minute or so, and the timing of the events can't be accurately determined. 

I think that was the main reason I said 1 km for to go 1 km out and back would take even the fittest of us  the best part of 10 minutes.  And then you would have to add some minutes for the actual commission of the crime.  There goes 15 minutes. 
Gerry and Kate seem to be under some sort of observation at least every 15 minutes or so, so you would wonder how they could ever have committed a crime beyond 1 km of the apartment.

Yet the searches went to (was it?) 7 km out from the apartment!
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

It basically becomes impossible to use alibis to prove they were not involved.  The distances of 150 meters or so can be covered by walking in a minute or so, and the timing of the events can't be accurately determined. 

I think that was the main reason I said 1 km for to go 1 km out and back would take even the fittest of us  the best part of 10 minutes.  And then you would have to add some minutes for the actual commission of the crime.  There goes 15 minutes. 
Gerry and Kate seem to be under some sort of observation at least every 15 minutes or so, so you would wonder how they could ever have committed a crime beyond 1 km of the apartment.

Yet the searches went to (was it?) 7 km out from the apartment!

Why does the distance covered by the searches surprise you?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

Why does the distance covered by the searches surprise you?
How was Madeleine ever going to get that far out, if not due to an 3rd party abductor?  I doubt if a child without shoes would walk that distance.

If she was placed in a house within the township - searches in the open country are pointless.
If she was abducted by someone with a car they were just about in Spain before the GNR were called.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

How was Madeleine ever going to get that far out, if not due to an 3rd party abductor?  I doubt if a child without shoes would walk that distance.

If she was placed in a house within the township - searches in the open country are pointless.
If she was abducted by someone with a car they were just about in Spain before the GNR were called.

The initial searches were for a child who had wandered. That changed to looking for a discarded body. Perfectly normal police responses.
Result = happy posting.

Offline slartibartfast

This one was 6.5 miles...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/the-case-i-cant-forget-former-detective-878371
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

The initial searches were for a child who had wandered. That changed to looking for a discarded body. Perfectly normal police responses.
Who was doing the crime in that situation?  Was that someone in the community would turn into a child abductor if they saw a child on their own?  I thought it was generally thought the Tapas group were telling a badly told story.
How were the PJ connecting those divergent ideas?  Why would the Tapas 9 need to tell a badly told story if it was Madeleine wandering off on her own?
Moderation

Offline John

TVI ordered to pay 20 thousand euros to Robert Murat for calling him "pedophile"
Murat has already received compensation in excess of € 700,000 from various British media outlets

DN
22 July 2018

he Supreme Court of Justice ordered TVI to pay 20,000 euros in compensation to Robert Murat for referring to the Briton as "pedophile" and Murat attending "pedophile sites".

Murat was accused in the case of the disappearance of Madeleine McCan, the four-year-old English girl who disappeared in Praia da Luz, Algarve, while vacationing with her parents, but for a short time.

The Supreme Court notes the "seriousness of the non-pecuniary damage caused", considering that "the fact that they are not exclusively attributable to the defendants does not exempt them from their liability, only referring to the quantification of compensation" - this is because in some situations the references were made in press magazines.

The judges found that the Briton, who lived in the Algarve, "was jobless and economically dependent on his mother" and "was pointed and bothered every time he went out" and even received "threats addressed to himself and his family ".

Murat has already received compensation of more than 700 thousand euros from various British media.

https://www.dn.pt/pais/interior/tvi-condenada-a-pagar-20-mil-euros-a-robert-murat-por-lhe-chamar-pedofilo-9622847.html

How the hell can someone who has already received more than €700,000 in tax free compo be deemed 'economically dependent on his mother'?   Anyone answer this?

This case gets more bizarre by the day!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 01:42:55 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.