Author Topic: What sets the Maddie McCann case aside from that of Ben Needham or Mary Boyle?  (Read 4362 times)

Offline jassi

McCanns have had plenty of opportunity to contest this by publishing their own translations, but for some reason have chosen not to do so.

Perhaps the translations we have seen are fairly  reliable after all. ?{)(**
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 04:51:58 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

The Needham case is all but resolved with the professional opinion of accidental death.
Wonder if such a scenario of a professional opinion resulting in whatever without a definitive answer will have the same effect of silence.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

The Needham case is all but resolved with the professional opinion of accidental death.
Wonder if such a scenario of a professional opinion resulting in whatever without a definitive answer will have the same effect of silence.

IMO the British public will expect something a bit more decisive for their upward of  £12 million
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

IMO the British public will expect something a bit more decisive for their upward of  £12 million

What is expected and what is delivered may well be two different points altogether.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline John

What is expected and what is delivered may well be two different points altogether.

I think SY are going to be somewhat hard pressed to justify spending over £12 million.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

I think SY are going to be somewhat hard pressed to justify spending over £12 million.

I dont

Offline John

• Mary Boyle went missing 18th March 1977
  • Ben Needham went missing 24 July 1991
  • Facebook was launched February 4, 2004
  • Twitter was launched 21 March 2006
  • Madeleine McCann went missing 3rd May 2007
When you check out the dates I think two contributing factors spring out at you which when teamed with the plethora of blogs and fora set up around the same time make it obvious what differentiates Madeleine's case is the influence of the internet.

The biggest difference would appear to be that the McCanns were formally interviewed as official suspects while the other parents weren't. IMO, refusing to answer police questions did them no favours in the police's eyes and later in the eyes of the press and public.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 05:13:21 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

Offline Mr Gray

But you never do  @)(++(*

do you have any evidence that the british public really care

Offline Mr Gray

The biggest difference would appear to be that the McCanns were formally interviewed as official suspects while the other parents weren't.
..because the local police completely misunderstood the evidence...its all there in Almeidas reprt

Offline John

do you have any evidence that the british public really care

Why don't we test it on our favourite social media platform?  I'll tell you what Dave, I will start a new thread and ask members to draft the tweet.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Indeed, Archer and Aitkens spring to mind.

And of course Lance Armstrong who had to return money to the Sunday Times.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

Why don't we test it on our favourite social media platform?  I'll tell you what Dave, I will start a new thread and ask members to draft the tweet.

your media platform would not give an accurate answer...the majority of the british public dont do twitter

Offline Mr Gray

The biggest difference would appear to be that the McCanns were formally interviewed as official suspects while the other parents weren't. IMO, refusing to answer police questions did them no favours in the police's eyes and later in the eyes of the press and public.

I think you are totally wrong...They were interviewed as official suspects because amaral et al thought the alerts confirmed maddie died in the apartment..they  didnt...total incompetence by the pj

Offline Alice Purjorick

Why does the Madeleine McCann case continue to attract such interest while other cases of unsolved missing children like that of Ben Needham and Mary Boyle attract little interest?

Is it down to money or are there more sinister motives at play?

It has gone mighty quiet since the lost "libel" case.
Up until then having a "spin doctor" on the books might have been of significance.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey