Author Topic: Should the McCanns search for Madeleine instead of wasting money on litigation?  (Read 15318 times)

Offline John

Question for this weekend.

Should the McCanns be expending their time and energy searching for Madeleine instead of wasting money on futile law suits?

Your views please.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 07:15:44 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline jassi

In my opinion one is as futile as the other.
If a well-funded  professional investigation such as Operation Grange cannot come up with the goods, what chance has an amateur enterprise got ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

Should the McCanns be expending their time and energy searching for Madeleine instead of wasting money on futile law suits?

Your views please.

I dint think they had any choice other than to counter amarals allegations

Offline G-Unit

Clearly they should, but how? Their method has been to ask others to search rather than to search themselves. Private detectives, the worldwide public and Operation Grange have all tried to no avail. What more could they do?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

In my opinion one is as futile as the other.
If a well-funded  professional investigation such as Operation Grange cannot come up with the goods, what chance has an amateur enterprise got ?

I disagree jassi.  We all know that many people in Portugal view their police force with some trepidation given the past so in my view a civilian exercise might just get that little bit further. I certainly feel that every avenue should be explored in the search for Madeleine, something which has sadly been lacking in the last few years.

There is every possibility that someone somewhere knows more than they are letting on so appealing to their better nature might just achieve some success.  The other thing about a civilian initiative is that guarantees of anonymity can be given to informers for their protection against press intrusion.

IMO the police will never solve this case by knocking on doors and hauling people in for interviews. This case will only be solved if someone freely comes forward with credible information.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:55:47 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

I disagree jassi.  We all know that many people in Portugal view their police force with some trepidation given the past so in my view a civilian exercise might just get that little bit further. I certainly feel that every avenue should be explored in the search for Madeleine, something which has sadly been lacking in the last few years.

There is every possibility that someone somewhere knows more than they are letting on so appealing to their better nature might just achieve some success.  The other thing about a civilian initiative is that guarantees of anonymity can be given to informers for their protection against press intrusion.

IMO the police will never solve this case by knocking on doors and hauling people in for interviews. This case will only be solved if someone freely comes forward with credible information.

In my opinion anyone with credible information who knew that it was credible would have come forward by now.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

What do you suggest the McCanns actually do then, in practical terms?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline sadie

Your views please.

Sadly they have to clear the propaganda out that is engulfing them.  They need to keep their IMO good (excellent) names in order to stand a chance in what is in my opinion, this evil propaganda war set against them.

If litigation is the only way, so be it.  Nobody lightly takes to the Law becos there is an old saying the "The Law is an ASS", and nobody can be absolutely certain what the end result will be. 

IMO

Offline Eleanor

What do you suggest the McCanns actually do then, in practical terms?

It doesn't really matter what they do, someone will find fault with it.

Searching On The Ground was never a serious option.

Offline jassi

Searching underground might be  8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

How were The McCanns supposed to do that?

Offline Venturi Swirl

Nice.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline sadie

You might be nearer than you think there jassi

Perhaps living over ground in a high wall enclosed place with ancient underground links to other places, might be nearer the truth.

Lots of countries have a network of linking places underground.

Offline Lace

This is probably off topic,  but is it true the police didn't go door to door after Madeleine disappeared?

Offline G-Unit

Sadly they have to clear the propaganda out that is engulfing them.  They need to keep their IMO good (excellent) names in order to stand a chance in this IMO evil propaganda war set against them.

If litigation is the only way, so be it.  Nobody lightly takes to the Law becos there is an old saying the "The Law is an ASS", and nobody can be absolutely certain what the end result will be. 

IMO

Complaining about Portugal to the ECHR might not be the best way to go if they plan to appeal for help from the Portuguese people.

Allowing their employees to talk about the 'lawless villages' in the Algarve...ditto

Result = happy posting.