Author Topic: Should the McCanns search for Madeleine instead of wasting money on litigation?  (Read 15311 times)

Offline Erngath

Latterly? When it became obvious to everyone that the police had lied and lied and lied for years about the circumstances?

You seemed to be lumping them all together when you credited them with helping to get justice for those who died at Hillsborough.

You seem to lump them all together as being guilty of misrepresentation of the Liverpool fans.
Did all the newspapers at that time join in with the demonisation of those fans or only the Sun.
Please do remember I don't read the English newspapers.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

You seem to lump them all together as being guilty of misrepresentation of the Liverpool fans.
Did all the newspapers at that time join in with the demonisation of those fans or only the Sun.\
Please do remember I don't read the English newspapers.

Yet you felt qualified to comment on their coverage of Hillsborough.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

Yet you felt qualified to comment on their coverage of Hillsborough.

Naturally.
Their appalling coverage of Hillsborough became known to me through other media and newspapers.

Offline Venturi Swirl

In my opinion the correct judge of a police force's competence is not a member of the public or a journalist. It isn't even a member or a retired member of a foreign force.
You really hate freedom of speech don’t you?  Ironic, really.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

No thanks to the Sun's journalists, however. The Hillsborough Justice Campaign, Anne Williams, Jimmy McGovern and Andy Burnham contributed. I don't recall a journalistic campaign?
Do you recall the Times campaign to shine a light on child grooming gangs in Rotherham etc, or the Daily Mail’s campaign for just for the Lawrence family?  I suppose both papers should have piped down and let the police get on with their job, I’m sure that would have worked out fine - for the police and the criminals.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

Naturally.
Their appalling coverage of Hillsborough became known to me through other media and newspapers.

I think you need to decide whether it was helpful, as you first suggested, or appalling as you now seem to think.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

Do you recall the Times campaign to shine a light on child grooming gangs in Rotherham etc, or the Daily Mail’s campaign for just for the Lawrence family?  I suppose both papers should have piped down and let the police get on with their job, I’m sure that would have worked out fine - for the police and the criminals.

I was discussing Hillsborough.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

I think you need to decide whether it was helpful, as you first suggested, or appalling as you now seem to think.

I have made my position quite clear.
Please do not post to me in that authoritarian manner.

Offline Venturi Swirl

I was discussing Hillsborough.
Of course you were, not whether journalists should be critical about the police.