Author Topic: Claim PJ want to reopen Madeleine case as abduction  (Read 10460 times)

Offline gilet

Re: Claim PJ want to reopen Madeleine case as abduction
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2013, 01:43:44 AM »
I think chickens coming home to roost would be more apt

Excellent riposte.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2013, 01:51:47 AM »
As we do not know what the new evidence they are presenting to the MP in their petitioning for the re-opening of the case we cannot be sure it has not come from their own work over the last two years or whether it is a result of cooperation between the two country's forces or whether they have purloined the evidence to present to the MP.

No. It will be interesting to see where this new - if that is what it is - information comes from, and who came up with it.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2013, 01:57:42 AM »
Well he didn't think it was the McCanns as he quite clearly stated there was no evidence that they had committed any crime  - and lifted their arguido status.
Then you think in the case, contemplated in the AG report, of disposal of a body after an accident, the AG thought they might have paid someone to do it ?
I don't think so.

Offline gilet

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2013, 02:01:27 AM »
Then you think in the case, contemplated in the AG report, of disposal of a body after an accident, the AG thought they might have paid someone to do it ?
I don't think so.

Whether you think something or not really doesn't matter in the real case though does it?

What I do know is that the AG was listing all possible scenarios of what could potentially have happened to Madeleine.

And a second thing I do know (a thing you are conveniently forgetting) is that he was extremely clear in pointing out that there was in fact no evidence at all linking the McCanns to any of those scenarios including the one you mention.

Redblossom

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2013, 10:42:38 AM »
No. It will be interesting to see where this new - if that is what it is - information comes from, and who came up with it.

http://cmtv.sapo.pt/atualidade/detalhe/pj-pode-reabrir-caso-maddie.html

(Summary & translation by Astro)

PJ may reopen Maddie case

The Polícia Judiciária wants to reopen the Maddie case and requested the reopening with the Public Ministry.

The Oporto team worked for two years and decided that it needs to further investigate a lead that points towards the abduction theory.

This is not related to the English investigation, according to information collected by Eduardo Damaso.

It results exclusively from the analysis made by the PJ team in Oporto.

This team has analysed the files and concluded that one lead that points towards abduction needs to be investigated.

The abduction theory was initially investigated, especially because of Jane Tanner's deposition.

This testimony was discredited early on.

The Smith sighting pointed towards the identification of M's father.

Now the British investigation returns to that sighting, but with an e-fit.

ED presumes that the new development in the Portuguese investigation is related to neither.

The reopening may include the investigation of the initial thesis of an accident and concealment of the cadaver, as nothing is excluded, but it is triggered by new indications that an abduction may have taken place, and that seems to be the main focus.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2013, 11:35:52 AM »

So The PJ Team in Oporto have found a lead, all by themselves that Amaral missed.
Such a pity it took them so long

Redblossom

« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2013, 11:37:46 AM »
So The PJ Team in Oporto have found a lead, all by themselves that Amaral missed.

No longer than SY to drag out old leads.....both teams started work same time

Offline sadie

« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2013, 11:42:46 AM »
You know what Eleanor

I dont care who found the lead, SY or Porto, but if it helps the PJ to come to terms with re-opening the case, I am happy

Better that the PJ do not lose too much face, perchance?

And, of course I may be misjudging the situation.    Apologies, in advance, if I am. 

Wel done if they found the lead, I say. 8@??)( 8((()*/

Lyall

« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2013, 12:00:38 PM »

Wait a minute. Didn't the McCanns have these e-fits six years ago? Where's your concern about why that took so long?

(edit - five years ago)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:02:22 PM by Lyall »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2013, 12:08:08 PM »
Wait a minute. Didn't the McCanns have these e-fits six years ago? Where's your concern about why that took so long?

(edit - five years ago)

The PJ had them.  Why didn't they release them?

Redblossom

« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2013, 12:08:20 PM »

(edit - five years ago)

Excellent riposte!!

Offline jassi

« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2013, 12:14:36 PM »

Really ? What is your source for that gem ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Redblossom

« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2013, 12:15:55 PM »

Not so fast hey?

Images NOT given to the PJ by Mccanns PIs....obviously a little stone not unturned for them!! At the time now its a massive boulder for SY!!!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:22:09 PM by Redblossom »

Lyall

« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2013, 12:25:18 PM »
Cheers, Red, but really the issue of who else may or may not have known about them is a red herring - it seems certain those working for the McCanns did. So why do nothing with them?

I expect our respected UK press will be working hard to get these answers soon.

Not 8(8-))

AnneGuedes

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »
No longer than SY to drag out old leads.....both teams started work same time
One needs to be singularly stubborn to qualify Mr Amaral as top detective in this case. Mr Rebelo passed more time on it and, since it has been shelved, all the new informations are processed in Portimao by PJ officers and then sent to the Porto team. New stuff, new evidence.