Author Topic: How the psychopath can fool you...James Hanratty.  (Read 29703 times)

Offline puglove

Re: How the psychopath can fool you...James Hanratty.
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »
And wasnt he also watching colin closely to see how he was acting? then copying him?

Sorry, but grief doesnt need to be copied it should be felt.

Colin realised that JB was watching him so that he could register grief. And yet JB was laughing and joking in the funeral car, and telling JM what he was "going to do to her" after the funeral. However many excuses are made for JB, he did not act like a man who had lost his parents, a man whose two small nephews had been shot as they slept. He acted like all his birthdays had come at once.

Evening peeps.  Maybe that is because they had Shona.  Congratulations to you and the others on being made a mod.  You are a great poster and a lovely person to boot!!!

Cheers Mills!!
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Admin

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
I find the points being made here very interesting.  Something else, why was he going to see a lawyer in any event immediately after the murders. This was the job of Nevill's Executor and Trustees.  He was just too quick to show his true hand and then fell back into the bereaved son mode just in time for the funerals.

All in all I feel the whole thing was indeed an act, just as Julie Mugford has already indicated.
Hello again Andrea and thank you for your excellent, incisive points. I agree. The ostentatious display of grief at the funerals was such a giveaway. A psychopath cannot feel these emotions. In order to make them look genuine they often have to mimic them - hence Bamber's over-the-top theatrics. Bamber dyed his hair, whitened his face to make it look more pale and haggard in contrast to his hair. It was all a completely deceptive act in order to divert the finger of suspicion being pointed at him. There are videos of the funeral and it is highly apparent that when Bamber's appears from the church and he is aware that there are many people outside including a large contingent from the press he switches instantly to 'grief mode' - hands rubbing the eyes, but with no tears, the impression of grief, the staggering walk, the bowed head - all meant to impress those present and those that matter. What he didn't realise was that his display of grief was noticeable because of it sheer exuberance. Bamber had to fake the emotion and had to put it on with in spade-loads, but the problem was his only role-model was Colin Cafell, a man who had lost his ex-wife and mother of his children and both his beloved sons. Colin was grim and clearly in a great deal of emotional pain, but Colin was a rock, supportive of the Eaton's, Boutflour's and indeed Jeremy. With no clear person to copy Bamber reacted the way that he thought people should grieve. The psychopath took centre stage. Colin later remembered noticing Bamber whilst inside the church, glance at his watch and inappropriately state that ' time's up we should be getting out of here' Colin was rightly disgusted.
Other present also overheard him refer to his relatives as he walked into the church 'They are like a bloody pack of vultures. If they think they are going to get a penny, they are sadly mistaken'
Over=arching all this, and this is what I find deeply disturbing. A man can attend the funerals of the very people he had viciously murdered only a short time before, watch the coffins of those he killed pass him by, watch as so many people were suffering around him because of their tragic loss, all the while smiling inside and believing he had gotten clean away with it.
Can there be a better example a a more dispicable, inhuman, monstrous wastrel than this utter waste of oxygen?
I very much doubt it.

Excellent points Ian, some of which have never before been stated.  We are always taken aback at the number of people who like to think he is innocent. We have all thought about this at one time or another but unfortunately the evidence does not bear this out.  There can be no place for sentiment in such a dastardly deed.

The police are correct to retain some of the photos under PII but we are quite sure that if these people who continually spout nonsense on behalf of Bamber were shown what Jeremy Bamber had done to his family and the twins in particular we have no doubt that they would think twice about what they do in the name of that sadist.

Offline starryian

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2012, 01:20:48 PM »
Thanks Admin. I totally concur  8@??)(
Starryian..

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 11:19:29 PM »
Bamber Latest Photo

Offline Andrea

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 11:23:59 PM »
Tim, have you seen the pics of scarlet? on the picture thread?

Offline puglove

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 11:30:35 PM »
Bamber Latest Photo

Phawwww!!!

If we had a Bob index, like they've got a Roch index, that would be an 8!!

Offline Andrea

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 11:32:49 PM »
Bamber Latest Photo

f..kin ell thats funny  8)--))

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 04:06:13 PM »
Hi everyone,
I am the guy from facebook and the Hanratty argument is mine. I felt it highly appropriate to the situtation.
There are striking similarities in both cases as regards denial. Whether or not Hanratty was actually a clinical psychopath will probably never be known, what we do know is that the DNA found at the crime scene matched his,  and therefore there is a extremely high probability that Hanratty is a murderer and a rapist. I believe the rape may be the cause of Hanratty's reluctance to admit to the crime, rather than the murder.  Who knows?
Bamber I believe, denies it persistently for several reasons. First and foremost he is aware that an admission of any sort would, almost certainly condemn him to a whole life tariff with virtually no hope of a retrial, Denial, however, affords Bamber the possibility - at least in theory - that his case may be referred to the Court of Appeal and he could be released, even on a technicality.
Secondly, Bamber's overbearing arrogance. This well-documented and clearly obnoxious side to Bamber's personality, I believe played and continues to play a huge part in his reluctance to admit that he is responsible for this heinous crime. Put simply, he simply cannot admit to himself and others that he is a cowardly murderer who ambushed 5 defenseless people one man , two women and two children. Lastly I believe that Bamber has portrayed himself - as narcissistic psychopaths often do - in the role of the victim. In was not him who committed the murders but his sister. Everyone else is lying. His relatives are trying to frame him. The police are out to get him. Anyone but him. This is one of the key traits of a psychopath - Denial and then shifting the blame. Psychopaths are adept at this. However, there is one last aspect to why I think Bamber persistently denies responsibility and readers may find this somewhat strange; Bamber has such total contempt for those people that he so brutally murdered, that he feels they are unworthy of his imprisonment for their murder. He feels it is highly unjust that a man such as himself should spend any time at all incarcerated just because of them. In effect Bamber may feel a sense of injustice not for the fact that he is serving time for murder, but because the people that he murdered are unworthy of the time he is serving. They were nothing to him and therefore any punishment thats is administered should follow suit. To any right-thinking individual it sounds extremely strange. However, to a narcissistic psychopath this type of thinking makes perfect sense.

Just for the record the Hanratty case has been mentioned quite a few times over the last year or so as a case where fanatical supporters utterly convinced their man is innocent have eventually been proved wrong beyond any reasonable doubt. Unlike Bamber, Hanratty even had his own family believing him innocent but just like Bamber he is as guilty as can be!

I fear it's only Bamber coming clean that would convince his die hard 'fans' .... little chance of that!

Toe rag

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2012, 10:01:06 PM »
Would be criminals, before you commit a crime, get a fore-taste of what the world would be like from inside a prison cell by holding a fork up close to your eye.

J. Bamber, Full Sutton.

Toe rag

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »
The other day my wife and i bought our 4 year old grandson a jigsaw to keep him occupied whilst we went for a picnic. However, when we returned we found he had managed to plug it in and had cut off several of his fingers.

G Belton, Essex.

Toe rag

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2012, 10:16:05 PM »
On saturday nights, it seems i just cant drink enough beer, because every sunday morning i'm still thirsty.

Rochford, North Shields.

Toe rag

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2012, 10:25:46 PM »
Whoever said "people say the funniest things" had obviously been reading the jeremy Bamber forum.

S Mckay, leeds.

Offline puglove

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2012, 11:03:05 PM »
On saturday nights, it seems i just cant drink enough beer, because every sunday morning i'm still thirsty.

Rochford, North Shields.

Mr Rochford has had some beer tonight, but he's determined not to drop a bollock.

We'll see..........

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2012, 11:15:35 PM »
The other day my wife and i bought our 4 year old grandson a jigsaw to keep him occupied whilst we went for a picnic. However, when we returned we found he had managed to plug it in and had cut off several of his fingers.

G Belton, Essex.

@)(++(*

Dunceford

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2012, 11:19:23 PM »

Rochford, North Shields.

Mr Rochford has had some beer tonight, but he's determined not to drop a bollock.

We'll see..........

Drop a bollock?  He's like a cross between Buster Gonad and The Brown Bottle