Author Topic: Website that analyses the Anni Dewani murder in detail  (Read 161679 times)

Offline Anna

Re: Website that analyses the Anni Dewani murder in detail
« Reply #390 on: September 04, 2015, 02:43:10 PM »
That I never knew.  So the victim was never Anni Dewani at all but Anni Hindocha?

No marriage was registered in the UK.

Bride murdered on South African 'honeymoon' was not officially married
By Sue Reid for The Mail on Sunday
Updated: 23:23, 8 December 2010

View
comments

Walking arm in arm by the warm Indian Ocean that Saturday evening, the ­‘honeymoon’ couple might have felt they made the perfect choice when they came to South Africa for this most romantic of holidays.
Yet, just a few hours later, Anni Hindocha would be dead, executed with a bullet to the back of her head, while the man she loved was left to make sense of a murder that has become the subject of intense speculation across the globe.
The controversy has involved the couple’s relatives and friends from four countries — Britain, South Africa, Sweden and India — as well as, bizarrely, the PR man Max Clifford.

Tragic couple: Shrien Dewani and Anni before their 'wedding' in Mumbai which has not been registered anywhere
At the centre of this tragedy is Anni, a beautiful 28-year-old whose body has now been flown to Britain and cremated after a family funeral and Hindu prayer service.
Her father, Vinod Hindocha, has described how he fought back his emotions when he saw his daughter lying in her coffin: ‘My girl was so pretty. She looked calmly asleep and in peace. There was not a scratch visible on her face. I was so relieved about that.’

As for the man described as Anni’s husband, 30-year-old Shrien Dewani, he is reported to be under sedation at his West Country home.
A wealthy businessman from Bristol who runs a series of care homes, he is receiving counselling after bringing Anni’s body back here.
He is also in constant touch with Mr Clifford, whom he has hired for advice, but this week was refusing all media requests for an interview.
Inexplicably, the handsome Shrien, an accountant by training, has not been called back to South Africa by police to attend an identity parade of three local men who have now been charged with kidnap, robbery and murder.
Even as Mr Dewani keeps his counsel, though, the list of nagging inconsistencies surrounding Anni’s death grows.
Not least among them is the fact that, as the Mail can reveal today, the lavish £200,000 ‘marriage’ they went through in Mumbai in November in front of 300 guests was never officially registered there, or indeed anywhere else in the world.

In other words, the honeymooners were never honeymooners at all.

Lavish: Up to 300 guests attended the Mumbai ceremony before the fateful honeymoon trip to South Africa
Not only that, an intriguing letter, sent this week to the Mail from people claiming to be Anni’s friends, asks troubling questions about Anni’s late-night abduction in a dangerous black township of Gugulethu, several miles from their Cape Town hotel.
She was found lying in an abandoned, blood-stained taxi on November 14 after an all-night police search.
Shrien says that nine hours earlier he was thrown out of the ‘back window’ of the same taxi at gunpoint and left, bewildered and alone, to sound the alarm.
So, what really happened to Anni, the girl who looked so happy in her ‘wedding’ photos a few weeks earlier?
Having studied as an engineer in Sweden, where she grew up with her parents and two siblings — her father sells heavy duty electrical equipment — she met Shrien Dewani in September 2009 after travelling to the UK to visit relatives.
It has emerged that, at the time, Shrien had just abruptly cancelled plans for a wedding to 26-year-old Rani Kansagra, the daughter of the London-based multi-millionaire founder of Indian budget airline SpiceJet.
Shrien says he fell for Anni at first sight, and within weeks he had proposed to her.
In February of this year, Anni left her job as a project manager at the Swedish mobile phone giant Ericsson in Stockholm, and was preparing to move permanently to Bristol to help organise their grand ceremony in Mumbai, where both had relatives.

Suspect: One of the men accused of the murder is taken to court by South African police officers
One friend of Shrien whom the couple invited to India says: ‘It was a lavish event at an expensive hotel which has lawns running down to a lake. Guests flew in from London with Shrien and Anni. Everyone believed they were a couple made for each other.’

On the flight back home to London, it appears the couple were not on speaking terms.
A woman claiming to be an air hostess on the flight has said that Anni looked unhappy and was in tears.
‘One of my colleagues brought her some tissues,’ she recalls. ‘The couple did not speak one word to each other during the nine-hour flight. We all noticed and found this strange.’

The disturbing account was posted on a website and written under the hostess’s first name.
True or not, a few days later, Anni and Shrien flew off again — this time on honeymoon to South Africa.
They arrived in Johannesburg and travelled straight to the Kruger National Park for a game safari, before going on to the five-star Cape Grace hotel in Cape Town.
It had been booked by Shrien’s secretary in London, who, according to him, had also arranged for a taxi driver in a silver VW Sharan people-carrier from a local tour company, Platinum Escapes, to pick them up from the airport on Friday, November 12.
The driver’s name was Zola Tongo, a local man from a township near the city.
Thirty-one-year-old Tongo must have noticed that Anni and Shrien, who has been described as ‘showy about money’, were well off.

Happy couple: The pair appeared very much in love on their wedding day
They were wearing jewellery, their luggage was expensive and Anni looked as though she had just stepped out of a Bond Street boutique.
At the end of the journey from the airport to the hotel via the N2 motorway, which threads its way through the notoriously dangerous black townships ­dotted around Cape Town, Shrien took Tongo’s mobile phone number and promised to call him if he and Anni wanted to take a trip out.
He and Anni spent the Saturday by the hotel pool. They phoned their relatives in England and Sweden, who say they sounded ecstatically happy.
Shrien made the call to Tongo and asked him to collect them at 7.30 in the evening to take them on a sightseeing tour of Cape Town. They both changed into smart outfits.
Anni was wearing a dress and one of the golden necklaces she was given during the Mumbai ­ceremony. Shrien was sporting a designer suit and open-necked shirt.
It was already dark when the taxi driver arrived, again in the Volkswagen people-carrier.
His company has said he was acting as ‘a freelance’ that night and Shrien had arranged to pay him in cash.
The couple were driven around the city, past the new football stadium where the World Cup was staged this summer.
What happened next is unclear. Shrien says that he asked Tongo to drive out towards Somerset West, a ­seaside town on the eastern side of the Cape overlooking the Indian Ocean. It was already 8.30pm.
Shrien had booked a table at 96 Winery Road, one of the Cape region’s top restaurants; but when the couple arrived, he says they thought it was too formal for them.

In custody: One of the three suspects is transported in a police car
So they decided to head for the more informal Surfside Restaurant, which overlooks the sea at Strand, a little way along the coast from Somerset West. The couple asked Tongo to wait in the people-carrier while they took a walk by the sea.
By 9.30, they were eating sushi and curry, served by Surfside waiters Dayne Keen and Tamar Van Der Merwe. Shrien had a vodka, and Anni a glass of wine.
Dayne says the two of them appeared to be very much in love.
Tamar adds: ‘The woman seemed very sweet. They just chatted to each other. I did not see them kiss or hold hands.’

Soon after ten, Shrien and Anni were ready to go. They walked outside to the waiting Tongo in the people-carrier and set off back to the Cape Grace.
Shrien has given the Mail his version of what happened next. He did so in the tea room of his hotel the day after Anni was found murdered.
It is likely, of course, that he was in shock, and yet what he told us differs substantially from a second account he gave a week later.
Displaying no marks on his face, he told the Mail’s reporter, Dan Newling: ‘We had been planning on just ­coming back to the city centre and having a drink in the Waterfront area.
'But Anni grew up in Sweden and, to be honest, she felt as if the area around this hotel was just like at home: so clean and safe, a bit sterile.
‘She had never been to Africa before, so she suggested we should have a look at the “real Africa”.
‘The stop was on the way back here, and was intended so that we could experience a township.’

Questions: South African Police Commissioner Bheki Cele addresses a press conference on the killing
However, when Shrien was asked by journalists to tell his story again seven days later — after he had taken what some would see as the extraordinary step of retaining Max Clifford — the details had changed.
This time, he insisted that it was Tongo — who continually made calls to what Shrien described as the ­driver’s ‘friends’ on his own mobile phone during the journey — who suggested a detour to the Gugulethu township, just off the N2.
Within a few minutes of arriving in the township, at 10.20, the car was attacked. Two gunmen banged on the window as the taxi stopped at traffic lights. The hijackers pushed the driver Tongo along the front seat and climbed into the car.
One of the gunmen took the wheel, driving for ten minutes before stopping and pushing Tongo out.
The journey then continued, according to Shrien’s description, with the gunmen making threats and swearing in broken English at the couple in the back.
After another ten minutes, Shrien was also pushed out of the car, even though he gave the two gunmen his mobile phone, his wallet and a gold necklace worn by Anni.
Shrien described it this way to the Mail: ‘It was two African male gunmen. They were banging their guns on the window.
'One used his gun to smash the driver’s window. I don’t want to go into detail about the attack, because I will probably start crying, and it might give other ­criminals ideas.
‘They coldly put a gun in my ear and pulled back the safety catch — it really was the stuff of movies.
‘I was dumped through the back of the passenger window as the car was moving. I landed on a patch of sand, landing first on my shoulder and then my forehead. It was in the ­middle of the township.

Model looks: Tragic Anni had moved from Sweden to London
‘I knocked on the doors of some shacks, but no one opened up. Then I noticed a man who was putting away his car and he agreed to call the police.’

By then, Anni had been driven off into the darkness, never to be seen alive again.
A young township girl, who declined to be named, told South African media that she saw Anni’s body as police removed it from the abandoned taxi after it was found about two miles away several hours later.
The student reportedly said: ‘When the policeman opened the door, I saw blood. Her pants were pulled below her knees and her dress pushed up to her stomach.
She was exposed, and her face was turned towards the door. The policemen quickly closed the door and pushed us away.’

Despite this, at a press conference held on November 18, South Africa’s Chief of Police Bheki Cele insisted: ‘There is no evidence at the moment that there was a sexual element to the assault.’

So, what became of Shrien as Anni was being killed in the most brutal fashion? He was discovered at around 11pm by a Cape Town accountant named Simbonile Matokazi, who lived in Guguletha.
Simbonile says that when he came across him, the Briton did not have any visible injuries, nor did he look ‘roughed up’.
‘I just saw a decent guy wearing a suit and a nice shirt coming towards me from behind some shacks,’ he says. There were no reports of any blood on his clothing to implicate him in the murder.
Inevitably, local people are asking two questions. Could a grown man fit through the rear passenger ­window, as Shrien says he did?

'Inevitably, local people are asking two questions. Could a grown man fit through the rear passenger ­window, as Shrien says he did?'

And having been through such an ordeal, how come his clothes were not torn, or his shoes dirtied?
These are not the only mysteries surrounding Anni’s death. A letter received by the Mail, and signed by ‘the devoted friends and acquaintances of our beloved Anni’, says she knew Nigeria and Kenya well, contradicting Shrien’s suggestion that she had never been to Africa before.
‘It is beyond comprehension that Anni ­suggested seeing “the real Africa” in such a ­dangerous area at such a late hour,’ says the ­letter. ‘She was an intelligent and smart girl.’
The letter, sent by post, was unsigned, but ­written in perfect English and typed out.
It adds: ‘We believe the South African investigation may be a whitewash, and Anni’s demise is highly mysterious.’

The allegations — and of course they are no more than that — are made all the more fascinating by the fact that, as the Mail discovered this week, the Mumbai ‘wedding’ ceremony, apparently so carefully planned by Shrien, is not ­recognised as a formal marriage in law.
We have confirmed with the British High ­Commission in Delhi that the union was never registered in India, and therefore would not have been recognised in either Britain or Sweden.
From his home in Sweden, Anni’s father has also confirmed: ‘My wife and I are Anni’s closest relatives — not Shrien. She was not formally married to Shrien.
'According to the authorities (in Britain and Sweden), Anni was still Miss Hindocha when she died.
‘The marriage registration was not going to happen until March next year, when Anni had her birthday in Britain and they switched rings, which is our custom.’

So, what will happen next in this most intriguing and tragic of cases?
South Africa’s Mail and Guardian newspaper recently reported that Shrien Dewani ‘will be arrested and charged’ in connection with Anni’s murder if he returns to the country, a suggestion rejected by Max Clifford.
If correct, this would be an extraordinary course for the investigation to take.
In the meantime, Anni’s driver on the night she died must return to court to face charges over her death, along with two men — who may have been known to him — from the Khayeltisha township where Anni’s body was found in the taxi.
Those two are claiming they were tortured by South African police into making a confession that they killed Anni. One says detectives ‘assaulted him’, then suffocated him using a plastic bag.
Meanwhile, back in Bristol, Shrien Dewani — who says there was no insurance policy
covering Anni’s life, so he does not stand to make a penny from her death — remains silent, grieving for the woman he loved, and awaiting instruction from Max Clifford.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1335537/Bride-Anni-Dewani-murdered-South-African-honeymoon-officially-married.html

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 02:49:26 PM by Anna »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline John

« Reply #391 on: September 04, 2015, 08:51:45 PM »
Many thanks for posting that article Anna, it is very interesting even now some five years on.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #392 on: September 04, 2015, 08:59:24 PM »
That doesn't add up because that isn't what occurred. Somerset West is only 35 minutes drive from their hotel. Its not a long commute to another city. They booked the dinner but then changed their plans, deciding that they weren't hungry enough to eat that type of meal. There was never any pretence of "rushing back to an unlit closed shantytown barbeque joint". There was a discussion between Anni and Tongo about what they were to do next with the result being that Anni expressed a desire to see "the Real Africa". There was never any suggestion of them going back to see the bbq restaurant Mzolis.

You have no more reason to believe that version of events than I have to believe any other.  In any event, if they drove off the dual carriageway to get to the 'real South Africa', that would have extended their journey significantly, always assuming for a moment the detour actually occurred. Personally I don't believe a word either Tongo or Dewani said about those events as they are both liars.

We will never know for sure what discussion there was between Anni, Tongo or Shrien Dewani as Anni is dead and the other two are a dead loss as far as anything credible or reliable is concerned.

Madam Judge Jeanette Traverso made a huge error in allowing Dewani to avoid testifying imo!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:06:15 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline dewanifacts

« Reply #393 on: September 04, 2015, 09:05:18 PM »
Well now you are going down the same logic route as other more hysterical thread participants if you are going to deny facts that are common cause, undisputed by all parties to the case.

I'm sure I have put this question to you previously but it becomes relevant again now because of what you have said. If Tongo's plea deal depended upon him simply telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but - why did he lie? Remeber, his lies weren't covering up his own involvement as is the case with most people who lie in court. Tongo's lies were all designed to do one thing; incriminate one of his victims and make that victim look like a wife murderer.   

Offline John

« Reply #394 on: September 04, 2015, 09:10:51 PM »
Well now you are going down the same logic route as other more hysterical thread participants if you are going to deny facts that are common cause, undisputed by all parties to the case.

I'm sure I have put this question to you previously but it becomes relevant again now because of what you have said. If Tongo's plea deal depended upon him simply telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but - why did he lie? Remeber, his lies weren't covering up his own involvement as is the case with most people who lie in court. Tongo's lies were all designed to do one thing; incriminate one of his victims and make that victim look like a wife murderer.

Events don't become true simply because a Court decides they are.  We will make up our own mind here on the facts as we are not shackled by the same constraints.  Bottom line is I don't know why Tongo or any other of the participants in this dreadful crime lied other than to save their own miserable skins.

Do you know where Tongo's lies start or where they end?  Likewise Dewani and the others.  Short answer is, you don't!

Only the participants know what happened and they aren't telling.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:14:12 PM by John »

Offline dewanifacts

« Reply #395 on: September 04, 2015, 10:16:57 PM »
As I said above, it was really obvious what Tongo's lies were  trying to achieve; almost all of them were to implicate Dewani. The same with Qwabe and the same with Mbolombo. Traverso explicitly commented in the judgement that Mbolombo's lies in both trials had nothing to do with covering his own involvement and everything to do with incriminating Dewani. She made similar comments about both Qwabe and Tongo.

Dewani's lies clearly started and ended with his embarrassing double life. Lying to get hotel discounts does not even warrant a mention in this discussion.

You seem to be implying that the detour may never even have occurred despite the prosecution and defence (and every other source) agreeing that it did. You are forgetting one very important factor.  Before the birth of the scurrilous  "murder for hire" story, 3 of the 4 conspirators confessed to their involvement in a robbery gone wrong and they told a story that largely corroborated Shrien Dewani's version of events.

An article on our page details this. https://dewanifacts.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/the-truth-is-in-the-confessions-2/

You may decide that you do not wish to believe the word of criminals however you need to ask yourself what the odds are of 3 criminals all independently giving a version of events that roughly tallied up with each other (and with Dewani) if it was not the truth?

Remember, Dewani had not met Qwabe or Mngeni before the hijacking and he never saw them again afterwards, so it is impossible that they could have colluded. Yet at that early stage their stories tallied up with each other and with Dewani's.

It was only after they hatched their "murder for hire" story that the contradictions and lies started punctuating their evidence. It was simply too damn hard for them to keep such a complicated story straight once they went down the path of lying to incriminate their victim. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 11:36:18 AM by dewanifacts »

Offline mercury

« Reply #396 on: September 04, 2015, 11:08:42 PM »
mercury - that is an excellent example of the lies that Tongo told to incriminate Dewani and the many differing versions of events that Tongo gave. To fill you in, Tongo later changed his story on that point and admitted that he was not pre booked and that his first contact with Dewani was at the airport. This was accepted as a common cause fact and is not in dispute.

The article you linked was written less than a month after the murder and refers to the 42 minute plea hearing in which Tongo gave his fabricated story and the court accepted it without any attempts to ascertain its truthfulness. The "pre-booked" example above is but one of many contradictions and lies that were told by Tongo in that controversial hearing in exchange for a vastly reduced sentence (he will likely only serve 9 years behind bars).

That hearing was one of the key points in this saga and the court's willingness to accept Tongo's story without attempting to verify its truthfulness, was ultimately what placed enormous pressure on the South African legal system. Once that story was accepted by one court it placed pressure on other courts to accept it, which is why Qwabe was also given a reduced sentence, Mbolombo was given full immunity, and Mngeni was convicted on the basis of that false story and the lie filled testimony of Qwabe and Mbolmobo.

The fact that such a complicated story that contained so many unlikelihoods and sensational allegations was accepted and rubber stamped in a 42 minute hearing, three and a bit weeks after the murder took place, should set off alarm bells. Would you not agree?

If you are interested, this article on our site examines the trial of Mngeni and details this a bit further so you can understand what type of pressure was placed upon the legal system. 

https://dewanifacts.wordpress.com/2015/08/10/the-trial-of-xolile-mngeni-a-cesspit-of-controversy/

I can't agree or disagree because I don't know how SA justice system/courts work.I can say though that watching the Pistorius trial, it seemed all very proper to a layman like me at least.
Whilst agreeing that anything written in a newspaper,can never be taken as truth in itself (and tabloid and broadsheets have very little difference sometimes these days) a  plea hearing anyway is not any kind of final event, so probably not as important at the time to investigate all the minutiae...isn't that the polices job anyway? Well, I must not waste anymore time here, especially seeing it was implied I was hysterical on another thread? Good luck with salving the doubts many people have over DWs atrocious behaviour on so many accounts. The only people I feel sorry for are Annis family (and DWs family as they too are innocent) If DW is innocent he should get off his sorry lazy arse and speak!
The world knows he s bisexual and no one cares anyway so that can't be an excuse anymore.
 &8#£%

Offline dewanifacts

« Reply #397 on: September 05, 2015, 08:08:08 AM »
a  plea hearing anyway is not any kind of final event, so probably not as important at the time to investigate all the minutiae...isn't that the polices job anyway?

It was absolutely final. That was the one and only time that Tongo appeared in court. His fabricated story was heard, accepted and he was sentenced all within that 42 minute hearing!

The SAPS and the NPA were desperate to pin this crime on Dewani. They cared little for the truth and the facts. They merely wanted to get the unverified "murder for hire" story rubber stamped so that they could pursue Dewani. Corrupt judge president Hlophe (Google it) seemed willing to oblige although even he expressed a few doubts yet signed it all off anyway in that 42 minute hearing.

Btw the "hysterical" reference was not about you Mercury. I think it is pretty clear who it described...... 8(0(*
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:37:04 AM by dewanifacts »

Offline mercury

« Reply #398 on: September 06, 2015, 12:15:14 AM »
My apologies, I thought a plea hearing was atthe front of legal proceedings
As for the hysterical thing, you said posters in plural and there were only two challenging things in the various threads, me and passerby
I hope he's innocent but I don't believe he is for various reasons, a strong reason being he won't open his mouth and speak as a berieved ex husband wanting justice, but DOING NOTHING about it,you obviously do so good luck in your mission, if there was anyone with loads to hide he seems the epitomy of it
You will truly fail IMO ur well done for trying bye

The MAN needs to speak out and he never has done...classic guilt indicator
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:21:47 AM by mercury »

Offline dewanifacts

« Reply #399 on: September 06, 2015, 09:04:32 AM »
That's the key problem with yours and other peoples' analysis. Someone refusing to talk could be an indicator of guilt but it could also be an indicator of numerous other things; fear of public speaking, shyness, embarrassment, shame, grief, self doubt, depression, mental illness......

Many people have private personalities and would not feel comfortable going on television or speaking to a reporter to publicly explain a series of actions, particularly when they have not done anything illegal and therefore are not compelled to explain themselves in a public forum.

Dewani's adultery and deceit with regard to his sexuality was a private matter between him and his wife. Even in her demise, it is arguable that he does not owe her family an explanation for his sexual behaviour as distasteful and as duplicitous as it may have been. He did not break any laws.

His bisexuality may well be common knowledge now but that does not mean that he is proud of it or his past adulterous behaviour. Indeed it is likely to still be a very sore point with him and his family and is likely something that they do not discuss. One only needs to read the court reports from the day when the gay prostitute information was being discussed in court, to know that the Dewani family sat ashen faced as the sordid details were discussed.   

I hope he speaks but I can completely understand him being reticent about being made to explain himself when he knows he has done nothing illegal.

Offline mercury

« Reply #400 on: September 07, 2015, 01:00:40 AM »
I thnk you miss the point...DW has made NO public statements regarding  the death of his beloved...and how bereaved he was for years...not a sausage...if that doesn't strike you as odd, well...whatever

Offline sika

« Reply #401 on: September 07, 2015, 06:28:10 AM »
I thnk you miss the point...DW has made NO public statements regarding  the death of his beloved...and how bereaved he was for years...not a sausage...if that doesn't strike you as odd, well...whatever
Perhaps he mistrusts the media that much, that he can't even bring himself to make a brief statement.  From his point of view, he did speak to the BBC, early on, and made no difference to public opinion.

Offline dewanifacts

« Reply #402 on: September 07, 2015, 10:08:23 AM »

sika makes an excellent point. Dewani did make public statements. He spoke to news outlets within days of the crime occurring. Look how that worked out for him. Those same statements have been used to try to incriminate him by the very media he obliged, whilst that same media ignored all the evidence to suggest that he was actually innocent. The BBC's Panorama program in 2012/2013 was one of the only outlets to test the strength of the case against Dewani. 

The other thing you seem to forget is that with legal action pending, Dewani would have been instructed by his lawyers to say "not a sausage". Considering that we still have an inquest pending to this very day, and the Hindocha family have repeatedly stated that they are considering all legal options, does it not make sense that Dewani has been instructed by his lawyers to continue to say "not a sausage" until those matters are settled?

I am not seeking to make excuses for Dewani's behaviour, some of which has undoubtedly seemed strange. What I am saying is that there are many possible explanations for that behaviour, other than the now discredited "murder for hire" theory of the case.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:18:49 AM by dewanifacts »

Offline mercury

« Reply #403 on: September 07, 2015, 09:30:33 PM »
Perhaps he mistrusts the media that much, that he can't even bring himself to make a brief statement.  From his point of view, he did speak to the BBC, early on, and made no difference to public opinion.
Have you got footage? Sika

Offline mercury

« Reply #404 on: September 07, 2015, 09:43:57 PM »
sika makes an excellent point. Dewani did make public statements. He spoke to news outlets within days of the crime occurring. Look how that worked out for him. Those same statements have been used to try to incriminate him by the very media he obliged, whilst that same media ignored all the evidence to suggest that he was actually innocent. The BBC's Panorama program in 2012/2013 was one of the only outlets to test the strength of the case against Dewani. 

The other thing you seem to forget is that with legal action pending, Dewani would have been instructed by his lawyers to say "not a sausage". Considering that we still have an inquest pending to this very day, and the Hindocha family have repeatedly stated that they are considering all legal options, does it not make sense that Dewani has been instructed by his lawyers to continue to say "not a sausage" until those matters are settled?

I am not seeking to make excuses for Dewani's behaviour, some of which has undoubtedly seemed strange. What I am saying is that there are many possible explanations for that behaviour, other than the now discredited "murder for hire" theory of the case.

he is exonerated now..so by your logic he can never say a sausage till he dies in case the media jump on him?