Off Topic and General Discussions > Our Pet Portraits and other animals just for fun!

Lakeland Terrier

(1/5) > >>

Alfie:
We're thinking seriously about getting a dog.  I like Lakeland terriers (Tin Tin fan) but wanted to know a bit more about their temperament and behaviour and so wondered if anyone here had had experience of this breed?

G-Unit:
I thought Tin Tin's dog was a Wirehaired fox terrier? Anyway;

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/lakelandterriers.html

I don't know if you're an experienced dog owner, but terriers can be very challenging. Good luck anyway, I hope you get the right one for you.

Alfie:

--- Quote from: G-Unit on December 08, 2016, 10:01:10 PM ---I thought Tin Tin's dog was a Wirehaired fox terrier? Anyway;

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/lakelandterriers.html

I don't know if you're an experienced dog owner, but terriers can be very challenging. Good luck anyway, I hope you get the right one for you.

--- End quote ---
yes Snowy is a fox terrier, I realised that after I posted d'oh!  Similar looking though, and I've seen a couple of white Lakeland terriers recently that are very Snowy-like.  Challenging is not good for us, but thanks for the link - I shall have a read now.

puglove:

--- Quote from: Alfie on December 08, 2016, 10:18:45 PM ---yes Snowy is a fox terrier, I realised that after I posted d'oh!  Similar looking though, and I've seen a couple of white Lakeland terriers recently that are very Snowy-like.  Challenging is not good for us, but thanks for the link - I shall have a read now.

--- End quote ---

Ooh, they're a smart little dog, Alf, but quite busy, they're a proper terrier. We went to Oxford to buy one once, but she was as much a Lakeland as I'm Thora Hird. We knew something was dodgy when the "breeder" opened the door and she had a row of dots and "cut here" tattoed on her neck. Her kids were sitting round a table writing to their dad in prison, and under the table was the youngest, poorliest pup I've ever seen, and no other pups or the parents to be seen. We bought her because we felt so sorry for her (she pooed out a pile of worms bigger than herself a couple of days later.) We called her Levi and she grew up to look something like a Patterdale, and  was probably the worst dog we've ever had. As soon as she found her feet she nearly pulled the head off one of our dachshunds, and her favourite foods were wasps and slugs. She was a pain in the arse.

Anyhoo! I hope you find the pug..I mean PUP of your dreams!!

G-Unit:

--- Quote from: Alfie on December 08, 2016, 10:18:45 PM ---yes Snowy is a fox terrier, I realised that after I posted d'oh!  Similar looking though, and I've seen a couple of white Lakeland terriers recently that are very Snowy-like.  Challenging is not good for us, but thanks for the link - I shall have a read now.

--- End quote ---

I think these are quite cute and not so challenging; The Bichon Frise

http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/bichon-frise#/slide/1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version