Author Topic: The murder of Samuel Alexander - Serious Case Review.  (Read 67031 times)

Offline John

Re: The murder of Samuel Alexander - Serious Case Review.
« Reply #225 on: February 18, 2019, 10:26:04 AM »
You were arrested and convicted regarding a white collar crime; Marks was for murder. There aren’t many criminals who hold their hands up to this.

I agree it does happen but not often.  Vincent Tabak put his hands up to manslaughter but that wasn't good enough for the CPS who charged him with murder and he was subsequently convicted.  In my opinion both cases are similar in that what ultimately occurred was an escalation of an event which resulted in death.  I don't believe either men set out to kill.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 10:29:24 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #226 on: February 18, 2019, 12:27:01 PM »
I agree it does happen but not often.  Vincent Tabak put his hands up to manslaughter but that wasn't good enough for the CPS who charged him with murder and he was subsequently convicted.  In my opinion both cases are similar in that what ultimately occurred was an escalation of an event which resulted in death.  I don't believe either men set out to kill.

Only Mark Alexander knows what really happened, if it was a fight which got out of control and he overreacted he should have taken his punishment instead of attempting to conceal the body.  A bad move imo.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #227 on: February 19, 2019, 02:22:07 PM »
Only Mark Alexander knows what really happened, if it was a fight which got out of control and he overreacted he should have taken his punishment instead of attempting to conceal the body.  A bad move imo.

It's not too late for him to redeem himself imo.  He should be persuaded to tell the truth about what happened.  We know that his father was a bit of an oddball who had driven off his mother and who had dictated virtually every facet of his life.  If there was an altercation in which the father was accidentally killed then Mark should come clean.  He might even be able to have his sentence reviewed in the light of new information.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2019, 12:21:32 PM »
It's not too late for him to redeem himself imo.  He should be persuaded to tell the truth about what happened.  We know that his father was a bit of an oddball who had driven off his mother and who had dictated virtually every facet of his life.  If there was an altercation in which the father was accidentally killed then Mark should come clean.  He might even be able to have his sentence reviewed in the light of new information.

You’ve suggested an “altercation” and previously suggested Sami’s murder being an “accident” but we simply do not know nor should we speculate on one scenario. For all any of us know Mark planned to murder his father for sometime?

As Angelo stated; only Marks knows the truth.
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline John

« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2019, 05:37:01 PM »
You’ve suggested an “altercation” and previously suggested Sami’s murder being an “accident” but we simply do not know nor should we speculate on one scenario. For all any of us know Mark planned to murder his father for sometime?

As Angelo stated; only Marks knows the truth.

You're right, we can only but speculate. That said however, I find it hard to believe that the killing was premeditated.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2019, 11:13:14 AM »
You're right, we can only but speculate. That said however, I find it hard to believe that the killing was premeditated.

I would speculate that he lost his rag-------that is, IF he did it at all, and I am certainly not convinced he did.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2019, 11:21:30 AM »

I would speculate that he lost his rag-------that is, IF he did it at all, and I am certainly not convinced he did.

IMO there can be no doubt whatsoever in this case that Mark was involved, the question remains however as to what extent. The guilt must be eating him up inside so a full confession would be better for both him and his family.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 11:23:48 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Myster

« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2019, 01:05:29 PM »

The main thing which people can’t their head around in this case is the contrast between what Mark said / says and his subsequent actions, such as fobbing off neighbours with the London Coptic Church tale but making no further enquiries himself, or the fact that within a day of returning home after a month’s absence and seeing that everything was going to plan regarding his father’s wishes for a tree root-barrier next to the garage, he should suddenly decide to interfere and order two and a half tonnes of concrete, then dump it directly over where his father was interred. All this when he freely admits to being only a pen-pusher, uninterested in DIY and isn’t used to heavy manual work.

I know what it’s like to order ready-mixed concrete – if you’ve never done it before, you’re on edge wondering if everything will go to plan, then when a bl**dy great lorry arrives whirring away, you wonder what you’ve let yourself in for!   In my case it was simply chuted directly into a hole for foundations and later into a shuttered area for a floor slab. Luckily both turned out OK.  Mark didn’t have that straightforward advantage – because of poor access, he had to barrow load after heavy load, negotating each through a narrow gateway, no doubt spilling much on the way.  Then he had the problem of wasting more time waving traffic past the lorry which was blocking access to the cul-de-sac, when the driver is allocated only a certain period for depositing his load.

Which beggars belief why Mark should have attempted such a demanding task in the first place!?

Then of course is the awkward question why he told Senta he'd seen his father in the few days before being arrested?

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline John

« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2019, 09:44:37 AM »
The main thing which people can’t their head around in this case is the contrast between what Mark said / says and his subsequent actions, such as fobbing off neighbours with the London Coptic Church tale but making no further enquiries himself, or the fact that within a day of returning home after a month’s absence and seeing that everything was going to plan regarding his father’s wishes for a tree root-barrier next to the garage, he should suddenly decide to interfere and order two and a half tonnes of concrete, then dump it directly over where his father was interred. All this when he freely admits to being only a pen-pusher, uninterested in DIY and isn’t used to heavy manual work.

I know what it’s like to order ready-mixed concrete – if you’ve never done it before, you’re on edge wondering if everything will go to plan, then when a bl**dy great lorry arrives whirring away, you wonder what you’ve let yourself in for!   In my case it was simply chuted directly into a hole for foundations and later into a shuttered area for a floor slab. Luckily both turned out OK.  Mark didn’t have that straightforward advantage – because of poor access, he had to barrow load after heavy load, negotating each through a narrow gateway, no doubt spilling much on the way.  Then he had the problem of wasting more time waving traffic past the lorry which was blocking access to the cul-de-sac, when the driver is allocated only a certain period for depositing his load.

Which beggars belief why Mark should have attempted such a demanding task in the first place!?

Then of course is the awkward question why he told Senta he'd seen his father in the few days before being arrested?

Good post Myster.  Mark was subservient and fearful of his father, the notion that he would undertake works at the family home in his absence are not supported by the history.  Even the lorry driver was bemused at what he was doing.  The concrete had NO structural value whatsoever.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2019, 11:28:19 AM »
This has always bothered me as Mark has no knowledge of building work and in the past has never done anything without his father’s approval. Therefore I find it strange that he ordered concrete when he had no idea what he was doing. I will put this to Mark next time I write.

As regards telling Senta he had seen his father when he hadn’t, he admitted it was foolish to say such a thing but said it to avoid an argument. Senta had asked him how his father was and without thinking he said he had seen him the previous day.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2019, 04:30:25 PM »
This has always bothered me as Mark has no knowledge of building work and in the past has never done anything without his father’s approval. Therefore I find it strange that he ordered concrete when he had no idea what he was doing. I will put this to Mark next time I write.

Will be interesting to hear what he has to say Daisy.

However because Mark says he has no knowledge of building worK doesn’t mean he’s telling the truth! Plus he was an intelligent young man, doesn’t take a rocket scientist.
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2019, 04:34:38 PM »
As regards telling Senta he had seen his father when he hadn’t, he admitted it was foolish to say such a thing but said it to avoid an argument. Senta had asked him how his father was and without thinking he said he had seen him the previous day.

So he says he tells his then girlfriend he’d seen Sami the previous day (Or whenever) to avoid an arguement? What did he mean by “to avoid an arguement?” Did they argue a lot? Why would they have argued if he hadn’t seen Sami?

I wonder if Senta and Mark split up because in the end she realised he’d been duping her?

Offline Myster

« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2019, 05:52:34 PM »
Will be interesting to hear what he has to say Daisy.

However because Mark says he has no knowledge of building worK doesn’t mean he’s telling the truth! Plus he was an intelligent young man, doesn’t take a rocket scientist.
The Internet can be a blessing... sometimes.  This is how to mix concrete in a wheel-barrow, although mortar as found in the first three layers is easier because only fine sand not coarse aggregate is used -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up8M8RWz1-0

or...

https://tarmac-bluecircle.co.uk/project/mixing-concrete-and-mortar/

Mixing equipment was readily available in the secluded back yard, such as a wheelbarrow, a shovel and spade leaned up against a wooden spot board by the garage wall, all found before police started digging.  A few previously stored bags of sand and cement brought through the white door plus water from a hose reel fixed to the house wall, so no need to call for Tommy Walsh to complete the job...

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2019, 10:20:53 AM »
The Internet can be a blessing... sometimes.  This is how to mix concrete in a wheel-barrow, although mortar as found in the first three layers is easier because only fine sand not coarse aggregate is used -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up8M8RWz1-0

or...

https://tarmac-bluecircle.co.uk/project/mixing-concrete-and-mortar/

Mixing equipment was readily available in the secluded back yard, such as a wheelbarrow, a shovel and spade leaned up against a wooden spot board by the garage wall, all found before police started digging.  A few previously stored bags of sand and cement brought through the white door plus water from a hose reel fixed to the house wall, so no need to call for Tommy Walsh to complete the job...

But let’s ignore that because Mark says he knew/knows nothing about building....  *&^^&

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2019, 10:22:11 AM »
And he only lied to Senta because he didn’t want to have an arguement  *&^^&

Heard it all before!!