Author Topic: Maddie case funding. McCanns anxiously await news from Scotland Yard.  (Read 9872 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Maddie case funding. McCanns anxiously await news from Scotland Yard.
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2017, 07:28:35 PM »

Indeed, more money which could be spent elsewhere on dwindling police funds.

You know ... or you should know ... money spent looking for the missing child does not come from policing budgets.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2017, 08:10:47 PM »
The Mail on Line article? It seems we have heard it all before.
A literary agglomeration?
Well literary is maybe stretching a point.
Have we reached the end of the 195 investigative opportunities yet?
"The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there"..... "The Go Between" by L.P.Hartley

stephen25000

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2017, 08:14:00 PM »
You know ... or you should know ... money spent looking for the missing child does not come from policing budgets.

The money comes from tax payers.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2017, 08:19:01 PM »
The money comes from tax payers.

True but I don't mind my tax being spent looking for any missing child.
Amaral, making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.

stephen25000

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2017, 08:21:34 PM »
True but I don't mind my tax being spent looking for any missing child.

Would you like to supply a list of them in the UK, and how much public funding they have received to look for them ?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2017, 08:27:49 PM »
Would you like to supply a list of them in the UK, and how much public funding they have received to look for them ?

No Stephen, I have no idea .
I just don't mind how much of the tax I pay goes to pay for looking for any missing child.
Now how much of the tax I pay goes to pay for the refurbishment of Buckingham Palace is of much more concern to me.
Perhaps a new thread elsewhere?
Amaral, making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.

stephen25000

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2017, 08:47:46 PM »
No Stephen, I have no idea .
I just don't mind how much of the tax I pay goes to pay for looking for any missing child.
Now how much of the tax I pay goes to pay for the refurbishment of Buckingham Palace is of much more concern to me.
Perhaps a new thread elsewhere?

I certainly agree with your latter sentence.

Offline barrier

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2017, 10:25:33 PM »

http://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccann-set-to-be-extended-as-police-ask-for-more-funds-11024595

From the sky article.

Early ideas about sex predators, child traffickers and "a burglary gone wrong" were largely dismissed before both detective teams joined forces to focus on the latest theory.

Kind of rules out third party involvement doesn't it?
Mark Rowley:There are odd headlines and odd stories in newspapers on a regular basis and most of those are nonsense.

Online misty

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2017, 10:33:29 PM »
http://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccann-set-to-be-extended-as-police-ask-for-more-funds-11024595

From the sky article.

No. There are other scenarios involving third parties.

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2017, 10:43:05 PM »
No. There are other scenarios involving third parties.

Credible ones?
Moral Guilt
Detractors of the work of our British Police in bringing criminals to justice generally ignore the important distinction between moral proof and legal evidence of guilt. In not a few cases that are popularly classed with 'unsolved mysteries of crime,' the offender is known, but evidence is wanting. If, for example, in- a recent murder case of special notoriety and interest,* certain human remains had not been found in a cellar, a great crime would have been catalogued among `Police failures'; and yet, even without the evidence which sent the murderer to the gallows, the moral proof of his guilt would have been full and clear.
Robert Anderson

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2017, 10:44:59 PM »

From the sky article.

I found this bit significant:
"The money they are asking for is unlikely to be a large amount, effectively enough to keep a small number of detectives - three or four - on little more than a watching brief".
That kind of boots out any theory involving a "significant lead".
So what's coming up ? a thunderflash or a damp squib?
"The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there"..... "The Go Between" by L.P.Hartley

Online misty

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2017, 10:49:37 PM »
I found this bit significant:
"The money they are asking for is unlikely to be a large amount, effectively enough to keep a small number of detectives - three or four - on little more than a watching brief".
That kind of boots out any theory involving a "significant lead".
So what's coming up ? a thunderflash or a damp squib?

IMO it means whatever is going to happen will happen outside the UK - which rules out the McCanns. Phone & computer records are probably key.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2017, 11:03:09 PM »
IMO it means whatever is going to happen will happen outside the UK - which rules out the McCanns. Phone & computer records are probably key.

That rules out professionals then.

Online misty

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2017, 11:07:23 PM »
That rules out professionals then.

Why? Communication could have been via the dark web - inaccessible to the police then but cracked by the experts of present day.

Offline Faithlilly

Moral Guilt
Detractors of the work of our British Police in bringing criminals to justice generally ignore the important distinction between moral proof and legal evidence of guilt. In not a few cases that are popularly classed with 'unsolved mysteries of crime,' the offender is known, but evidence is wanting. If, for example, in- a recent murder case of special notoriety and interest,* certain human remains had not been found in a cellar, a great crime would have been catalogued among `Police failures'; and yet, even without the evidence which sent the murderer to the gallows, the moral proof of his guilt would have been full and clear.
Robert Anderson