Author Topic: List of things to check when I get to Praia da Luz  (Read 24592 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: List of things to check when I get to Praia da Luz
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2018, 06:33:28 AM »
Did the McCanns ever say the patio door was stiff?  I don't recall them doing so.
It was supposedly quieter than the front door.  OK it was further away from the kids bedroom.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2018, 12:41:44 AM »
Add posts of things you would liked checked if you had the opportunity to go to PdL.

1.  Define the cul-de-sac that Russell O'Brien talks about.

2.  The height of the garden walls?

3. Can the garden walls be climbed over, by adults or by kids?

4  Visibility at 9:00, 9:15 and 10:00 PM on the 3rd of May.  (lux meter required)

5. distance of side gate to footpath of the top road.

6. How is the Tapas reception secured at night?  Can the access card always open it?

7.  How is the door at the secondary reception held open?

8. Measure the dimensions of the kids bedroom window.

9.  I want to know if the units had air conditioning.

10. I want to see how noisy the front door is compared to the sliding door.

11.  I want to see how effective the public patio of block 6 would be for viewing apartment 5A (Sadie's theory).

12.  Has the back garden of the most westerly apartment got a gate thru onto the alleyway?

13  Madeleine in an excited moment running off  she somehow got into the back garden of the most westerly apartment. - follow the likely route she took

14.  Stand in the recess along the roadside wall and sense whether it is a suitable temporary hiding place.

15.  Walk the distance between the Tapas and the 24 hour reception, and time the walk.

16.  Find the short cut to the 24 hour reception and time the walk.

17.  Know where the Kids club was.

18.  Know where the night creche was situated

19.  Know where the Toddlers creche was.

20.  Understand the pattern of searches the Tapas 7 made immediately after Kate's alarm.

21.  Do the walk from apartment 5A front door to passageway between Blocks 4 and 5, down alleyway and down to reception door at 9:45 PM at night. (imagine being Madeleine)

22.  Attend a Sunday service at the local church in PdL (Church of Nossa Senhora da Luz).

23.  Would the curtains at the patio door self close behind a 4 year old?

24.  I want SiL to show me where the blood was found along the foot path  500 meters or so away.

25. Can the front door be slammed shut?

26.  Purchase an Italian style rim lock of the type in the apartment

27.  Can it be modified?

28. From where Kate was standing when Kate opened the door after it slammed shut,  From that standing  position how much of Madeleine's bed could she possibly see?

29. "No staff member mentions the task of locking up for the night."  Find out who locks up st the end of the night.

30.  "As,for the patio doors, I doubt they had an external handle and would need to be left open a fraction to enable someone to get their fingers between the door and door frame, in order to slide the door open." How was the patio door open from the outside?

31.  How were the orders taken at the Tapas Restaurant?  "A waitress takes the orders you don't write them anywhere"  was that true?

32.  How difficult is it to open the patio doors. I was thinking we could measure that in terms of force with a spring balance.

33. SiL could take us along the route Smithman took.  Understand that one.  Do that walk at 10:00 PM at night. 

34 Discover where Smithman could have gone after passing the Smiths.

35  "take a set of pale pink pjs with you so you can see if it's possible to tell the colour from a distance."  That is a type of reconstruction.  OK  it could be done across the top road. (validating Tanner's sighting.)

36  This suggestion from Angelo is just so great.  "One thing you could do is ask around the locals to see what they really think about the case as we've heard so many conflicting stories.  A chat with Malinka or even Murat would be a bonus."  SiL knows Malinka's mother.  Robert Murat just lives up the road.

37  I would like to have chat with Silvia Batista if that was possible? (speaks English and Portuguese) "964098114 This mobile number was noted as belonging to Silvia Batista."

38   Where is/was Chaplin's Bar?

39  Walk the alleyway at the back of the apartments,  at night, to assess whether Jane and others would walk that way to their apartments after dark. https://youtu.be/tUHp85TyJ0Y

61 left to list.

33 If I've got the arithmetic right, you have the correct posse to recreate the Smith sighting - 3 males and 1 female.

38 Chaplins was and is a restaurant immediately south of the church. 'Scandal at Chaplins' regularly tops the list of searches on my blog.  For the avoidance of doubt, 'Scandal at Chaplins' is cobblers, IMO.

You are missing many things that interest me.  Euclides Monteiro (aka tractorman) may have been in Luz on the evening of 3 May 2007.  His wife insists otherwise.  There are two potential locations in Luz, and a 3rd in Portelas.

You don't appear to have Kelly's on your wish list.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 08:05:17 AM by slartibartfast »
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2018, 03:02:29 AM »
This bit might be worth checking  Peter Smith's statement "He only found out about the disappearance of the child the next morning through someone he knew, the son of the builder of Estrela da Luz, who was also at the airport.
Who would that be SiL? Was it Gerry Fagan?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:06:59 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2018, 03:35:22 AM »
If Martin Smith is staying in PdL at the time we are there this is what he looked like in 2007   Source of the photo http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2462431/Madeleine-McCann-Police-say-Irish-family-seen-Maddie-taken.html
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:05:51 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline sadie

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2018, 10:45:01 PM »
33 If I've got the arithmetic right, you have the correct posse to recreate the Smith sighting - 3 males and 1 female.

38 Chaplins was and is a restaurant immediately south of the church. 'Scandal at Chaplins' regularly tops the list of searches on my blog.  For the avoidance of doubt, 'Scandal at Chaplins' is cobblers, IMO.

You are missing many things that interest me.  Euclides Monteiro (aka tractorman) may have been in Luz on the evening of 3 May 2007.  His wife insists otherwise.  There are two potential locations in Luz, and a 3rd in Portelas.

You don't appear to have Kelly's on your wish list.
Nice restaurant, Chaplins.  When we were there in 2010 we had a tasty meal quite reasonably priced.  It was packed out, I think but am not sure mainly with ex pats ... and there was a warm buzz about the place

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 12:30:57 AM »
Nice restaurant, Chaplins.  When we were there in 2010 we had a tasty meal quite reasonably priced.  It was packed out, I think but am not sure mainly with ex pats ... and there was a warm buzz about the place

I went there in 2008. Lots of children's drawings on the walls and quite a few families enjoying the friendly surroundings. Had a long chat with the woman who manages it about the case. Let's just say she wasn't very complimentary about the McCanns.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2018, 06:16:35 AM »
If I was to stay for a full month I feel that by that time I'd have a fair idea of the terrain around PDL.  Explore some of the surrounding countryside, Rocha Negra, and the cliffs at that end of the beach.
I might even go and find Espiche,  Odiaxere, just to get my bearings.
Moderation

Offline sadie

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2018, 11:55:24 AM »
I went there in 2008. Lots of children's drawings on the walls and quite a few families enjoying the friendly surroundings. Had a long chat with the woman who manages it about the case. Let's just say she wasn't very complimentary about the McCanns.
Well she probably lost trade after Madeleine vanished.  Parents would be frightened to take their little one to PdL.

Disinformation put about and sour grapes IMO

Offline misty

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2018, 01:30:09 PM »

Was she able to tell you if the Tapas 9 frequented her premises on 1st May 2007 - or any other night during the week-long holiday?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2018, 02:13:25 PM »
Was she able to tell you if the Tapas 9 frequented her premises on 1st May 2007 - or any other night during the week-long holiday?

Did Faithlilly ask?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2018, 04:50:11 PM »
Did Faithlilly ask?
That will be another story another day IMO.
Moderation

Offline misty

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2018, 05:13:10 PM »
Did Faithlilly ask?

Given Chaplin's only relevance to the case at the time of Faithlilly's visit, I would hope that it would have been one of her primary points to address.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2018, 05:25:40 PM »
Given Chaplin's only relevance to the case at the time of Faithlilly's visit, I would hope that it would have been one of her primary points to address.

That's what I thought.