Author Topic: List of things to check when I get to Praia da Luz  (Read 24964 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: List of things to check when I get to Praia da Luz
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2018, 11:15:33 AM »
Well if Gerry and the lads went to Chaplins and let the girls do the child minding, then there would not be a problem with that.  Did they see all 9 of them there?

Nobody saw any of them there.  They weren't there.  But Vera was an example of the lies being told.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2018, 11:31:10 AM »
Nobody saw any of them there.  They weren't there.  But Vera was an example of the lies being told.

I doubt one attention seeker on an obscure forum amounts to much against the propaganda war that was being waged by the McCanns and their PR lackeys at the time.  Half a million pounds paid to Lord Bell to keep them in the papers, tens of thousands of pounds for various spokespersons. ‘Vera’ didn’t stand a chance.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2018, 11:35:33 AM »
I doubt one attention seeker on an obscure forum amounts to much against the propaganda war that was being waged by the McCanns and their PR lackeys at the time.  Half a million pounds paid to Lord Bell to keep them in the papers, tens of thousands of pounds for various spokespersons. ‘Vera’ didn’t stand a chance.

You might be surprised by the number of people who were only too happy to believe her.  Or maybe you won't.

Offline jassi

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2018, 11:47:36 AM »
You might be surprised by the number of people who were only too happy to believe her.  Or maybe you won't.

But..but..but I thought there were only a handful who didn't believe the McCanns.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2018, 11:51:57 AM »
If I remember correctly, which I think I do, Vera of Essex purported to have been in Chaplins on the night in question and actually saw The McCanns.  And said what a shock we were all going to get when we found out what had gone on.

I wonder what happened to her.
I found a site where they listed some of her posts.  http://themaddiecasefiles.com/comments-by-vera-on-sky-t3563.html  I would have to say IMO she could well be telling the truth.  When you compare what she says and what Najoua says, and the interview of Silvia Batista, it is possible IMO that Gerry goes to Chaplins on that night.  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/NAJOUA_CHEKAYA.htm

Najoua says one person is away from the table, she is not certain who.  She leaves early I wonder where she went afterwards.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2018, 11:53:02 AM »

But..but..but I thought there were only a handful who didn't believe the McCanns.

I have never said that.  But Happy to Believe and actually Believing are often two different things.  As you probably already know.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2018, 11:59:35 AM »
I found a site where they listed some of her posts.  http://themaddiecasefiles.com/comments-by-vera-on-sky-t3563.html  I would have to say IMO she could well be telling the truth.  When you compare what she says and what Najoua says, and the interview of Silvia Batista, it is possible IMO that Gerry goes to Chaplins on that night.  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/NAJOUA_CHEKAYA.htm

Najoua says one person is away from the table, she is not certain who.  She leaves early I wonder where she went afterwards.

So you think Gerry went to Chaplins on his own?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2018, 12:02:38 PM »
SiL have you meet Karen Sissons the person who reported one of the first potential sightings of Madeleine?  She now lives in PdL and could well be the current owner of apartment 5A.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2018, 12:08:22 PM »
So you think Gerry went to Chaplins on his own?
Najoua does not meet Kate, but Gerry invites her to the table after the quiz, Najoua leaves early, and Gerry might have been attracted.  The next night there seems to be a split between Gerry and Kate over some aspect in fact they end up in separate beds (that is documented). 
Vera is quoted as saying "The McCann’s were at Chaplin’s. I do know that for sure because me, my daughter and granddaughter were there at the time. I didn’t see the McCann’s being asked to return to see to their child because we left fairly early as my granddaughter was tired." 
If it was Tuesday Najoua or Vera are confused depending on how early "we left fairly early" is.  Gerry can't be in two places at once.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:16:50 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2018, 12:22:24 PM »
SiL have you meet Karen Sissons the person who reported one of the first potential sightings of Madeleine?  She now lives in PdL and could well be the current owner of apartment 5A.

What makes you think Karen Sissons lives in PdL?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2018, 12:36:08 PM »
Is this how you remember it?  https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Restaurant_Review-g776012-d1797463-Reviews-Chaplins-Luz_Faro_District_Algarve.html#photos;geo=776012&detail=1797463&aggregationId=101
It has been about 8 years since we went and once only, but, Yes, apart from the white boarding at the back, which I dont remember, it seems the same.  It was absolutely crowded when we went. 

I think we had the little two seater table at the back.  Am not sure if the chairs were the same

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2018, 12:37:10 PM »
What makes you think Karen Sissons lives in PdL?
Personal communication.  She said it herself to me and I believed her for her profile photo were very much like the photo I posted of her some years apart.  Proof will be if SiL has met her there.
Moderation

Offline sadie

« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2018, 12:48:07 PM »
How many sightings of Madeleine have there been?  Was it 1800?  on some days she was seen in 3 different continents.  How could anyone say for sure they saw the McCanns?  I suppose if they knew them personally I might believe it.
And according to Matt James (famed psychic who SY have been in touch with) there were 28 sightings in (Greater) Malta.

Now, I happen to independently found that VERY INTERESTING.  Certain of Matt James Runes have struck a chord with me and confirm my investigated thoughts.  My thoughts came first and then I was shocked to see him confirming them .... and i was suddenly understanding some of his runes.

Sorry but I cant say any more, so believe or not.  That is up to you.

Offline sadie

« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2018, 12:50:41 PM »
Well if Gerry and the lads went to Chaplins and let the girls do the child minding, then there would not be a problem with that.  Did they see all 9 of them there?
Hey, are you jumping the gun?

Where does it state that any of them went to Chaplins?

Have I missed something?

Offline sadie

« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2018, 01:07:52 PM »
Najoua does not meet Kate, but Gerry invites her to the table after the quiz, Najoua leaves early, and Gerry might have been attracted.  The next night there seems to be a split between Gerry and Kate over some aspect in fact they end up in separate beds (that is documented). 
Vera is quoted as saying "The McCann’s were at Chaplin’s. I do know that for sure because me, my daughter and granddaughter were there at the time. I didn’t see the McCann’s being asked to return to see to their child because we left fairly early as my granddaughter was tired." 
If it was Tuesday Najoua or Vera are confused depending on how early "we left fairly early" is.  Gerry can't be in two places at once.
Grandchild tired, so were they having afternoon tea, or kids high tea? 

Is it true anyway?  With it being from The Maddie Case Files and names like Jillycl, Astro and Kazluz ...   forgive me please if I give Veras news a  %56&

It sounds unlikely to me, but, we just don't know, do we?