Author Topic: Should posters on other forums be allowed to post here  (Read 10672 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Should posters on other forums be allowed to post here
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 12:43:34 PM »
It has been suggested that people who post on other forums should not be allowed on here.
Do members think this is reasonable, as I'm sure it would decimate membership and probably remove at least 1 moderator.
As an active member of a pigeon fancier forum, why should my posts there exclude me form participating here ?

This latest furore is just a case of history repeating itself as I recall. It will happen again no doubt.
Too many people can't see this is only a game, not real. Were it for real they would not be p*****g about on here they would be doing something constructive........ the most constructive being zip it and let the cops do their job.
Otherwise join in the play.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 12:57:44 PM »
This latest furore is just a case of history repeating itself as I recall. It will happen again no doubt.
Too many people can't see this is only a game, not real. Were it for real they would not be p*****g about on here they would be doing something constructive........ the most constructive being zip it and let the cops do their job.

Are, you criticizing John for asking g the, abuse to stop

Offline misty

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 01:19:48 PM »

It's a pity that the teacher in that particular playground joins in with the naughty children rather than educating them in the error of their ways.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 01:34:58 PM »
Where people post is a matter for them and them alone.  In any event most people use different user names on different sites so it would be an impossible task to police.

What will not be tolerated according to our own hierarchy is that members here who post elsewhere using identifiable user names are allowed to attack our members with impunity.

So in a nutshell, pigeons aside, people can post wherever they want.

It has the potential for a miscarriage of justice in my opinion.

1. How is it possible to be sure that a poster using an 'identifiable username' on another forum is the same person who is using it here?
2. Do only those with 'identifiable usernames' get penalised here or is it going to come down to opinion (it sounds like x therefore it is x)?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 02:01:03 PM »
It has the potential for a miscarriage of justice in my opinion.

1. How is it possible to be sure that a poster using an 'identifiable username' on another forum is the same person who is using it here?
2. Do only those with 'identifiable usernames' get penalised here or is it going to come down to opinion (it sounds like x therefore it is x)?

Perhaps best just to see how things work.... It word be hoped that having been warned the posters involved might stop... Let's just wait and, see

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 03:32:26 PM »
Are, you criticizing John for asking g the, abuse to stop

No. Abuse outside this forum is FA to do with John.
Then maybe you hadn't noticed but much in the same way that the Christians and the lions worked for Nero we all work for John on here. It is a question of whether one minds or not.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 03:37:00 PM »
No. Abuse outside this forum is FA to do with John.
Then maybe you hadn't noticed but much in the same way that the Christians and the lions worked for Nero we all work for John on here. It is a question of whether one minds or not.

John thinks it is... And I agree

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2018, 04:15:34 PM »
Perhaps best just to see how things work.... It word be hoped that having been warned the posters involved might stop... Let's just wait and, see

I think a 'Justice' forum should make absolutely sure it has the correct culprit before applying sanctions. How they propose to do that is of interest because I can't see how it can be achieved.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 04:53:34 PM »
Jeez, I am lost.  Please can someone tell which forum it is?  By PM if necessary

TY

Online Eleanor

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2018, 05:01:39 PM »
Jeez, I am lost.  Please can someone tell which forum it is?  By PM if necessary

TY

I wouldn't mind a link to The Pigeon Fanciers Forum.

Offline jassi

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2018, 05:41:13 PM »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Eleanor

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 05:48:41 PM »
Voila   http://pigeons.forumotion.com/forum

Thank you.  I've just joined.  Can someone tell me where the recipes are?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2018, 06:06:50 PM »
Thank you.  I've just joined.  Can someone tell me where the recipes are?

I think discussing eating pigeons results in an instant ban

Online Eleanor

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 06:10:06 PM »
I think discussing eating pigeons results in an instant ban

What else is one supposed to do with them?

Offline jassi

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 06:12:05 PM »
You coo over them. @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future