Author Topic: Do the sceptics simply misunderstand the evidence  (Read 109074 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Do the sceptics simply misunderstand the evidence
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2018, 07:24:28 PM »
Lets lok at the, alerts to the, car...

If they had put 50 cars, in a, field... With no sign of which car belonged to the McCann's... Any alerts would have been impressive.

But no... Put a, car covered in McCann stickers in a, car park... And when the dog ignores it call him back a, few, times until he Barks... It's hard to believe  that is, actually what happened.... But it did

Where's the laughing Duck emoji
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 07:33:54 PM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 07:50:44 PM »
Dogs read window stickers!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 07:57:57 PM »
So another one who cannot address, the point in question.. And neither, will anyone else

What point in question, of relevance was that then?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 08:11:49 PM »

Excellent point... The dogs dont but the handler does... And the dogs don't call themselves back... The handler does

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2018, 08:16:28 PM »
Excellent point... The dogs dont but the handler does... And the dogs don't call themselves back... The handler does
So if there was no odour Eddie still not going to alert to nothing.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 08:21:26 PM »
So if there was no odour Eddie still not going to alert to nothing.

Again we need to ask grime... Grime says suggestive... Sceptics say it's confirmed...the sceptics are clearly wrong

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2018, 08:52:19 PM »
They are trained to detect cadaver scent. If they fail in their training then they won't be doing the job. Corroborating evidence is required to prove the positive alerts.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2018, 08:55:05 PM »
They are trained to detect cadaver scent. If they fail in their training then they won't be doing the job. Corroborating evidence is required to prove the positive alerts.

Yes we know that so as there was no corroborating  evidence the alerts are NOT confirmed

So to claim the alerts, were to cadaver odour is incorrect
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:00:22 PM by Davel »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2018, 09:21:39 PM »
So another one who cannot address, the point in question.. And neither, will anyone else

If you read carefully you will note I responded to a post by you making a crackpot assertion that there is a "whole sceptic movement".
I am still waiting for you provide evidence of it and that you know of them all, Ace.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2018, 09:27:43 PM »

Clever Hans effect not to mention Zampo :)
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2018, 10:02:12 PM »
Clever Hans effect not to mention Zampo :)

Groundhog Day to the power of plenty.... @)(++(*
The tape has now done a complete loop.
Mercy

Offline Brietta

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2018, 10:14:57 PM »

Groundhog Day to the power of plenty.... @)(++(*
The tape has now done a complete loop.
Mercy

I take it you know of Clever Hans effect ... where the dog can 'read' what its master know and is unconsciously signalling?
Therefore dispensing with the necessity to be capable of reading the McCann stickers for itself.

Similarly, Zampo the cadaver dog alerted at supposed deposition sites ... only problem being that there had never been a mass murderer and there had never been murder victims to justify any alerts.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2018, 10:27:58 PM »
I take it you know of Clever Hans effect ... where the dog can 'read' what its master know and is unconsciously signalling?
Therefore dispensing with the necessity to be capable of reading the McCann stickers for itself.

Similarly, Zampo the cadaver dog alerted at supposed deposition sites ... only problem being that there had never been a mass murderer and there had never been murder victims to justify any alerts.

My views on this case were formed without input from dawgs.
I know dawgs have been used in tracking and sniffing capacities for nearly 300 years.
The dawg is a tool much like any other tool.
If I want to know about tools I look up in the appropriate manual not by visiting sites such as this...

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 11:51:17 AM by John »

Offline sadie

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2018, 11:06:51 PM »
Well what caused the cadaver dog to alert then Davel?
The cadavar dog Eddie also alerts to the dried blood from a living person.  That could have caused it. 
Also the brought home from hospital clothes and belongings from a deceased resident who was Tasmin Silences Grandpa could have caused the alerts ... as could his ashes if his widow stored them at home.

ETA:  And as Misty pointed out, Eddie was trained on dead piglets

Offline misty

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2018, 11:14:41 PM »
My views on this case were formed without input from dawgs.
I know dawgs have been used in tracking and sniffing capacities for nearly 300 years.
The dawg is a tool much like any other tool.
If I want to know about tools I look up in the appropriate manual not by visiting sites such as this...

You'll find some tools here which are quite good at hitting a nail on the head.  ?>)()<
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 11:51:29 AM by John »