Author Topic: Evidence the PJ followed up on issues raised via the British liaison officers  (Read 4702 times)

Offline G-Unit

And that is a question not answered by the file.  There needs to be an inquiry into the roles of the FLO.  Did they just not pass on the requests made by the McCanns?  Did the PJ just ignore anything the FLO passed onto them?

You would think unless there was documented evidence of this transfer it will just be denied.  Words won't be enough.

Exactly right. The evidence may be with Leicestershire police, but they have no intention of sharing. The SIO had no intention of allowing his FLO's to answer certain PJ questions. He asked for the questions to be changed and they were;

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

Very indicative of a good working relationship.  Hide most of the other evidence of communication but publish the one which shows your own questions blocked out by a single question that can be answered "no".
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 07:12:22 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Very indicative of a good working relationship.

According to your post #31 'It seems certain that Kate and Gerry raised the issue of sedatives being used on the children with the UK police on the 5th May'. Why were you certain that was true?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

According to your post #31 'It seems certain that Kate and Gerry raised the issue of sedatives being used on the children with the UK police on the 5th May'. Why were you certain that was true?
I'd be only guessing, but let's say Kate and Gerry agreed that the way the twins slept that night was a little unusual.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

I'd be only guessing, but let's say Kate and Gerry agreed that the way the twins slept that night was a little unusual.

You don't appear to have understood the question. You said it seemed certain that the McCanns 'raised the issue of sedatives being used on the children with the UK police on the 5th May'.

What made you certain that they did that?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

You don't appear to have understood the question. You said it seemed certain that the McCanns 'raised the issue of sedatives being used on the children with the UK police on the 5th May'.

What made you certain that they did that?
The first two FLO that arrive both report this 
e.g. http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/STEPHEN_MARKLEY.htm "However, in relation to the above, I would like to add the following: At about 20.00 on Saturday 5th May 2007, I arrived at the apartment where Kate and Gerry were staying, with other officers. During the meeting Gerald and Kate had a number of questions to which they wanted follow up and responses from the PJ.

One of these questions was that they wanted the PJ to be aware of was Madeleine's revelation about Wednesday night, when she said that she was left alone during the night. She told Kate and Gerry that she remembered the twins crying and that she wanted to know why neither her mother nor her father had gone to the room to see what was happening.

They also wanted to know whether the PJ had any evidence that would suggest that the person who took Madeleine had used any substance to facilitate the abduction."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JIM_McGARVEY.htm was the other.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:36:22 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

The first two FLO that arrive both report this 
e.g. http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/STEPHEN_MARKLEY.htm "However, in relation to the above, I would like to add the following: At about 20.00 on Saturday 5th May 2007, I arrived at the apartment where Kate and Gerry were staying, with other officers. During the meeting Gerald and Kate had a number of questions to which they wanted follow up and responses from the PJ.

One of these questions was that they wanted the PJ to be aware of was Madeleine's revelation about Wednesday night, when she said that she was left alone during the night. She told Kate and Gerry that she remembered the twins crying and that she wanted to know why neither her mother nor her father had gone to the room to see what was happening.

They also wanted to know whether the PJ had any evidence that would suggest that the person who took Madeleine had used any substance to facilitate the abduction."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JIM_McGARVEY.htm was the other.

In my opinion your interpretation of what was said is misleading.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

In my opinion your interpretation of what was said is misleading.
I don't know why you say that as that was basically a cut and paste direct from the file.
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

I don't know why you say that as that was basically a cut and paste direct from the file.

All you are pasting is what K&M told the FLOs. Nothing in the files until a year later as far as I can see.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

All you are pasting is what K&M told the FLOs. Nothing in the files until a year later as far as I can see.
But that goes to show the PJ are slow to follow-up on issues raised by the FLOs. 

Can anyone see an example of an issue that was raised by the FLOs that was followed up immediately?
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

But that goes to show the PJ are slow to follow-up on issues raised by the FLOs. 

Can anyone see an example of an issue that was raised by the FLOs that was followed up immediately?

There was nothing in those statements which required action by the PJ and there's no evidence that the FLO's raised any issues which the PJ failed to act on.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

There was nothing in those statements which required action by the PJ and there's no evidence that the FLO's raised any issues which the PJ failed to act on.
How can an argument like that be cited, you can't just dismiss the question with an opinion like that.  I will be looking for further examples of where issues were raised through the FLOs and assess whether they appear to be actioned timely.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

How can an argument like that be cited, you can't just dismiss the question with an opinion like that.  I will be looking for further examples of where issues were raised through the FLOs and assess whether they appear to be actioned timely.

Here are the names of those who claimed to be Liaison Officers;

Inspector Jim McGarvey
Detective Constable Stephen Markley
Inspector Caroline Burrows
Detective Constable Eleanor Johnson
Inspector Michael Graham
Inspector Neil Holden

Good Luck!

Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

Here are the names of those who claimed to be Liaison Officers;

Inspector Jim McGarvey
Detective Constable Stephen Markley
Inspector Caroline Burrows
Detective Constable Eleanor Johnson
Inspector Michael Graham
Inspector Neil Holden

Good Luck!

Gosh, that is a lot!
Usually a single FLO of relatively low rank is appointed to a family
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline slartibartfast

Rob, you are on a sticky wicket here. The FLOs made statements in April 2008 that they had been told by K&G of their concerns. There are no record that the PJ were told of these concerns before that date unless anyone has any references.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.