Author Topic: According to some, there is certainly circumstantial evidence of abduction.  (Read 7359 times)

Offline Brietta

Someone probably looked at the picture and said “no that isn’t her”.

"Probably" doesn't come close when a child is missing.  Do you have any pertinent information as to why this report was eliminated? 
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Alice Purjorick

There were quite a few reports given to the Policia Judiciaria of children who looked similar to Madeleine; sometimes there is an account of how the investigation turned out but quite often a value judgement as opposed to investigation appears to suffice.

For example the follow up to a report made on May 4 2007 which included this CCTV image included the information
that the vehicle in which the child arrived at the service station
  • didn't have current insurance.
  • the registered owner was deceased
  • the deceased had a clean record
As far as I can ascertain ... that appeared to be that ... although I would have thought that it didn't really matter too much whether or not the deceased had been known to the police or not since he could not have been driving the vehicle registered to him.  Unless - he was actually still very much in the land of the living.  The fact remains that the little girl in the photograph had been driven there by someone and it might have been useful if the police had wondered who and taken steps to find him and the child.

There is no mention whether or not this was the footage shown to Kate and Gerry.
Apparently the little girl in the CCTV image was eliminated from the enquiry on the basis of her hair Length.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SERVICE_INFORMATION.htm

I think there are a lot of questions the answers to which might form the basis of confirming Madeleine's abduction for me, one of which is why there isn't more information available on the unlicensed vehicle with the deceased driver.

How do you know there isn't?
Having eliminated the child as not being MBM the rest becomes traffic violations....like failure to notify change of ownership(?).
Btw according to the link you posted the vehicle was not due to be relicensed until later in the year July/Aug.
"The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there"..... "The Go Between" by L.P.Hartley

Offline slartibartfast

"Probably" doesn't come close when a child is missing.  Do you have any pertinent information as to why this report was eliminated?

Ok, someone looked at the photo and said “no it isn’t her”. IMO
Helping Elite sufferers of NPD for over 2 years...

Offline Faithlilly

Indeed. It would only take a quick look to see the hair was far too long. That would be obvious to any of the police officers working on the case. This really didn’t need the attention of the parents.
Moral Guilt
Detractors of the work of our British Police in bringing criminals to justice generally ignore the important distinction between moral proof and legal evidence of guilt. In not a few cases that are popularly classed with 'unsolved mysteries of crime,' the offender is known, but evidence is wanting. If, for example, in- a recent murder case of special notoriety and interest,* certain human remains had not been found in a cellar, a great crime would have been catalogued among `Police failures'; and yet, even without the evidence which sent the murderer to the gallows, the moral proof of his guilt would have been full and clear.
Robert Anderson

Offline Alice Purjorick

Pretyy much what it says in the document that was linked.

"The principal difference resides in the fact that the pictured child had hair half-way down her back, manifestly longer than that of the missing child, there having been no time/opportunity for the hair to have grown to that length, given that the average speed of hair growth is about 1cm/month (proven scientific data).
--- The results of the inquiries and the images of the episode in question are attached.

This is all, at the moment, that I have to bring to your attention".
"The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there"..... "The Go Between" by L.P.Hartley

Offline G-Unit

Reported sightings of MBM are not evidence that she was abducted.
They are evidence that people are looking out for her.
They're doing that because her parents said she was abducted and asked people to look for her.
What evidence did her parents have to support their claim that MBM was abducted?

That's the evidence Rob is asking for in my opinion.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline Brietta

How do you know there isn't?
Having eliminated the child as not being MBM the rest becomes traffic violations....like failure to notify change of ownership(?).
Btw according to the link you posted the vehicle was not due to be relicensed until later in the year July/Aug.

Are you able to indicate the diligences pursued to eliminate this particular sighting.  The link I posted ~ was that it?
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • Help to solve the Madeleine McCann case
They're doing that because her parents said she was abducted and asked people to look for her.
What evidence did her parents have to support their claim that MBM was abducted?

It was Davel who made the claim - has he come into the discussion yet?
What are you doing to find Madeleine?
https://www.youcaring.com/madeleinemccann-1080869

Offline Brietta

In your opinion who do you think that someone might have been?

Offline Brietta

In my opinion there isn't much point in sourcing information only to discard it without investigating it.  So far no-one has been capable of indicating what steps were taken to eliminate this allegedly hirsute child from the inquiry.

Offline slartibartfast

The key to any successful investigation is to get rid of the crap ASAP.
Helping Elite sufferers of NPD for over 2 years...

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • Help to solve the Madeleine McCann case
Wasn't that Kate herself?
What are you doing to find Madeleine?
https://www.youcaring.com/madeleinemccann-1080869

Offline G-Unit

In my opinion there isn't much point in sourcing information only to discard it without investigating it.  So far no-one has been capable of indicating what steps were taken to eliminate this allegedly hirsute child from the inquiry.

Are you of the opinion that sightings are evidence of abduction?
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline Alice Purjorick

Are you able to indicate the diligences pursued to eliminate this particular sighting.  The link I posted ~ was that it?
Quite simple; the geezer looked at the pic said the hair was too long, it could not have grown that much in a couple of days he citing scientific data on hair growth, then decided NFA. That sounds eminently reasonable to me.
In my line I can tell a fatigue failure in a shaft looking at it with my naked eye. I don't need a load of gobbledegook cobblersspeke chat surrounding it. No matter what diligences I pursue to eliminate possibilities thrown up by those with less expertise than mine.
Tell us precisely how much time and money you would have expected to have been wasted on unnecessary diligences? better yet delineate the diligences you feel would have been necessary after establishing the hair was too long?

Offline Brietta

The key to any successful investigation is to get rid of the crap ASAP.

It may have escaped your notice that the investigation was not successful.  Contributing to that lack of success may very well have been as a result of information not being investigated.  Perhaps as a result of investigators displaying the same contempt for information received as displayed by your good self in that post.