Author Topic: Kate and Gerry have both publicly contested the cadaver alerts?  (Read 22699 times)

Offline Robittybob1

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9213.msg452972#msg452972

In that post Davel made this claim  We do because both Kate and Gerry have both publicly contested the alerts to cadaver... Trying to show they haven't is a tad ridiculous.... Imo

I have in the back of my mind been searching for a confirmed denial of the alerts from Gerry or Kate and in the end I thought there were none.  Am I entirely wrong, Davel thinks so.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9213.msg452996#msg452996 In this post I ask Davel to produce evidence of his claim: "Can you actually find one and we will look at what they say please?"

"both Kate and Gerry have both publicly contested the alerts to cadaver" True/False?

So far I have not had an answer.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Kate and Gerry have both publicly contested the cadaver alerts?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 08:02:07 AM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9213.msg452972#msg452972

In that post Davel made this claim  We do because both Kate and Gerry have both publicly contested the alerts to cadaver... Trying to show they haven't is a tad ridiculous.... Imo

I have in the back of my mind been searching for a confirmed denial of the alerts from Gerry or Kate and in the end I thought there were none.  Am I entirely wrong, Davel thinks so.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9213.msg452996#msg452996 In this post I ask Davel to produce evidence of his claim: "Can you actually find one and we will look at what they say please?"

"both Kate and Gerry have both publicly contested the alerts to cadaver" True/False?

So far I have not had an answer.

Gerry is, on record, as saying the alerts are, unreliable  and Kate says, similar, in her, book

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 08:08:58 AM »
Gerry is, on record, as saying the alerts are, unreliable  and Kate says, similar, in her, book
OK in that interview he said studies have shown cadaver dogs were unreliable.  Did that apply to Eddie?  How reliable was he?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 08:11:21 AM »
OK in that interview he said studies have shown cadaver dogs were unreliable.  Did that apply to Eddie?  How reliable was he?

No one knows, because he had never been scientifically tested... The alerts, are not proven or confirmed

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 08:18:58 AM »
OK what does Kate McCann say in her book about the cadaver dogs?

"Gerry and Kate’s reaction to sniffer dogs hitting on McCann holiday apartment and rental car ‘didn’t make sense’"
http://www.cadaverdog.net/gerry-and-kates-reaction-to-sniffer-dogs-hitting-on-mccann-holiday-apartment-and-rental-car-didnt-make-sense/

"US criminal profiler Pat Brown, who for almost a decade has studied the case and written extensively on Madeleine’s disappearance, described Kate and Gerry’s reaction to the sniffer dogs as “just not right”."  I don't think Pat Brown gets it right in this case.

"Brown believed it strange that the McCann’s did not appear “very concerned” that the work of the dogs indicated a dead body had been in their Algarve holiday apartment."

"During a 2009 television interview with Portuguese journalist Sandra Felgueira, Gerry McCann was asked about the cadaver dogs alerting to the scent of a dead body in apartment 5A and their rental car.

“I can tell you that we’ve obviously looked at evidence about cadaver dogs and they’re incredibly unreliable,” McCann replied.

Kate McCann made similar assertions in the book she wrote about her family’s ordeal, titled Madeleine."

Saying they are unreliable is that contesting the result?  I'm not convinced.  I'm still not convinced they are denying that there was cadaver odour in the apartment.

Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 08:25:21 AM »
Your thread says have the mccanns ever contested the cadaver alerts.. They have..

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 08:29:42 AM »
OK what does Kate McCann say in her book about the cadaver dogs?

"Gerry and Kate’s reaction to sniffer dogs hitting on McCann holiday apartment and rental car ‘didn’t make sense’"
http://www.cadaverdog.net/gerry-and-kates-reaction-to-sniffer-dogs-hitting-on-mccann-holiday-apartment-and-rental-car-didnt-make-sense/

"US criminal profiler Pat Brown, who for almost a decade has studied the case and written extensively on Madeleine’s disappearance, described Kate and Gerry’s reaction to the sniffer dogs as “just not right”."  I don't think Pat Brown gets it right in this case.

"Brown believed it strange that the McCann’s did not appear “very concerned” that the work of the dogs indicated a dead body had been in their Algarve holiday apartment."

"During a 2009 television interview with Portuguese journalist Sandra Felgueira, Gerry McCann was asked about the cadaver dogs alerting to the scent of a dead body in apartment 5A and their rental car.

“I can tell you that we’ve obviously looked at evidence about cadaver dogs and they’re incredibly unreliable,” McCann replied.

Kate McCann made similar assertions in the book she wrote about her family’s ordeal, titled Madeleine."

Saying they are unreliable is that contesting the result?  I'm not convinced.  I'm still not convinced they are denying that there was cadaver odour in the apartment.

I would think most people would be devastated by the alerts.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 08:31:24 AM »

So now you claim to know how most people think

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 08:34:06 AM »

The mccanns may have been shocked originally but their background  would teach them not to accept things at face value... Some research and then seeing the video would have caused them to understand  how unreliable these, alerts are.. Imo

Which I think is exactly  what happened
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 08:36:14 AM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 08:36:54 AM »
So now you claim to know how most people think
He is allowed to have an opinion on the topic.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 08:39:23 AM »
He is allowed to have an opinion on the topic.

He was criticizing others  yesterday for claiming to understand how the mccanns think

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 08:39:39 AM »
The mccanns may have been shocked originally but their background  would teach them not to accept things at face value... Some research and then seeing the video would have caused them to understand  how unreliable these, alerts are.. Imo

Which I think is exactly  what happened
How many alerts were there?  each might might only be 50% correct but will all 9 of them be in error?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 08:41:43 AM »
He was criticizing others  yesterday for claiming to understand how the mccanns think
When you see a person's reaction you are not really seeing how they think.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 08:42:22 AM »
How many alerts were there?  each might might only be 50% correct but will all 9 of them be in error?

Might being the operative word....what value would you give the CC alert... Without proper scientific tests, we cannot predict the, accuracy of the alerts

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 08:43:15 AM »
When you see a person's reaction you are not really seeing how they think.

I'm not really interested in taking the thread off topic