Author Topic: Kate and Gerry have both publicly contested the cadaver alerts?  (Read 22541 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Kate and Gerry have both publicly contested the cadaver alerts?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 08:46:52 AM »
Your thread says have the mccanns ever contested the cadaver alerts.. They have..
I want you to prove they contested the cadaver alerts.  OK I see in Kate's book she mentions a court case but not really a study.  To do with the Zapata case.  In the Chapter "the fightback begins" 8th page of chapter.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 08:49:01 AM »
Might being the operative word....what value would you give the CC alert... Without proper scientific tests, we cannot predict the, accuracy of the alerts
" I do say myself that the Cuddle Cat alert was a mistake.  The dog alerted to something but it was not proven to be CC IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 08:52:06 AM »
I want you to prove they contested the cadaver alerts.  OK I see in Kate's book she mentions a court case but not really a study.  To do with the Zapata case.  In the Chapter "the fightback begins" 8th page of chapter.

Kate, also says that according  to what she has, read the cadaver odour would only last Max30 days in such a building... The nccanns, have criticized the alerts and the value placed on them.. Kits, about time you accepted that imo

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 08:54:21 AM »
Kate, also says that according  to what she has, read the cadaver odour would only last Max30 days in such a building... The nccanns, have criticized the alerts and the value placed on them.. Kits, about time you accepted that imo
Where do you think that quote comes from?  I can't recall it myself.  Anyone remember this cite?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 08:57:43 AM »
Where do you think that quote comes from?  I can't recall it myself.  Anyone remember this cite?

Have you read, Kate's book

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 09:01:33 AM »
Have you read, Kate's book
I wouldn't say I remember every line, but yes I read it.  Are you saying that last remark was in her book?  " the cadaver odour would only last Max 30 days in such a building."  When did she become an expert on these matters?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 09:05:10 AM »
I wouldn't say I remember every line, but yes I read it.  Are you saying that last remark was in her book?  " the cadaver odour would only last Max 30 days in such a building."  When did she become an expert on these matters?
Read my post again... And you will see that I said kate, read somewhere.. She is not claiming to be an  expert and that's, a, silly thing to say

Offline jassi

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2018, 09:06:55 AM »
I wouldn't say I remember every line, but yes I read it.  Are you saying that last remark was in her book?  " the cadaver odour would only last Max 30 days in such a building." When did she become an expert on these matters?

Gerry probably told her - he is, after all, the expert par excellence on that sort of dog.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 09:09:13 AM »
Read my post again... And you will see that I said kate, read somewhere.. She is not claiming to be an  expert and that's, a, silly thing to say
I'm a scientist myself so I accept people calling me silly from time to time, but for her to read it is OK but then to apply what she read to the situation is where the expertise comes in. OK she is a doctor too, a smart cookie.

Gerry probably told her - he is, after all, the expert par excellence on that sort of dog.
So true!
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2018, 09:14:43 AM »
I'm a scientist myself so I accept people calling me silly from time to time, but for her to read it is OK but then to apply what she read to the situation is where the expertise comes in. OK she is a doctor too, a smart cookie.
So true!

She read cadaver scent lasts a Max 30...or there, abouts
I'm from a, scientific background so if you want a, serious discussion.. Fine... But if you play the fool I will tell you

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2018, 09:16:20 AM »
So true!

So why have theses expert dog handlers never thought to try some proper scientific tests... Do they not have confidence in their dogs
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:25:52 PM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2018, 10:02:38 AM »
So why have theses expert dog handlers never thought to try some proper scientific tests... Do they not have confidence in their dogs
I think with daily training exercises the handler would know how skilful his dog was.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2018, 10:12:27 AM »
I think with daily training exercises the handler would know how skilful his dog was.

I thought you said you we're, a scientist...hopefully grime understands his dogs but it is his opinion it is only possible or suggestive the alert was to cadaver...thats all
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:26:56 PM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2018, 10:19:43 AM »
I thought you said you we're, a scientist...
Daily verification test.  If MG put out a sample  and Eddie didn't find it then he'd need more training and play if he got it right.   I can't see what is wrong with that.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:27:11 PM by John »
Moderation