Author Topic: What was the point of the arguido questions asked of Kate and Gerry McCann?  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Question 1 covers how Kate responded "01--- Asked, on May 03, 2007, at 22:00, when she entered the apartment what she saw and did, where he looked, and what she touched [handled], she did not respond."
(http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/48_Questions_07_09_07.htm)

A very unlikely incriminating question. Unless...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline sadie

A very unlikely incriminating question. Unless...
Her Lawyer had advised her not to respond.  She followed his advice, thank goodness.
Darren Osbourne  IDIOT

Only in my opinion, of course

Offline kizzy

You can have your theories, but you should look at all the possibilities.  You claimed that you would and you seemed to be to begin with, but never the possibility that Madeleine might have been abducted by an outside person/ group.

Why can you NOT ACCEPT the possibility that some stranger might have come in and abducted Madeleine? 

What convinces you? 
Some good reasons please.

Why can you NOT ACCEPT the possibility that some stranger might have come in and abducted Madeleine? 

Probably the same reason, you don't accept  - that somebody may not have.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:01:36 AM by slartibartfast »
POSTS ARE -  MY OWN OPINION

Offline kizzy

Her Lawyer had advised her not to respond.  She followed his advice, thank goodness.

So why, pay for the most expensive lawyers, PR firms etcetc.

Just to be advised not to answer questions.

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • Help to solve the Madeleine McCann case

Probably the same reason, you don't accept  - that somebody didn't
Let's get back to the questions please.  There is another thread dealing with the abduction issue.

Is there a question to Kate or Gerry that themed on abduction?  Looking at Gerry first:
"When asked if he had any responsibility or participation in the disappearance of his daughter Madeleine, he peremptorily denies this."  If he didn't do it that just leaves abduction or accident or walking off.  But how far could a kid go?  Accidents can really be ruled out - e.g. falling into a roadworks trench or down an open manhole.

She wasn't inside as far as they know.  "--- He remembers that after it was known that Madeleine had disappeared he looked for her all over the apartment. He particularly remembers having looked under all the beds, inside the wardrobes in all the rooms at the same time that Kate told him she had looked everywhere"

If she got out that is either woke and wandered or taken out by someone.  There aren't any other options i.e either she walked or was carried, (includes being dragged).

"When questioned, he states that from the first moment, after the first fruitless searches, he thought that Madeleine had been abducted and it was this information that he gave to everyone to whom he spoke. He reached such a conclusion because he did not think it possible that she had gone out on her own or opened the blinds and window in the room." 
"he did not think it possible that she had gone out on her own"  doesn't actually mean that she couldn't do it, but that she had not done it.  In other words the signs weren't there i.e. an open gate or an open door indicating someone had gone out through there.

What are you doing to find Madeleine?
https://www.youcaring.com/madeleinemccann-1080869

Offline kizzy

Let's get back to the questions please.  There is another thread dealing with the abduction issue.

Is there a question to Kate or Gerry that themed on abduction?  Looking at Gerry first:
"When asked if he had any responsibility or participation in the disappearance of his daughter Madeleine, he peremptorily denies this."  If he didn't do it that just leaves abduction or accident or walking off.  But how far could a kid go?  Accidents can really be ruled out - e.g. falling into a roadworks trench or down an open manhole.

She wasn't inside as far as they know.  "--- He remembers that after it was known that Madeleine had disappeared he looked for her all over the apartment. He particularly remembers having looked under all the beds, inside the wardrobes in all the rooms at the same time that Kate told him she had looked everywhere"

If she got out that is either woke and wandered or taken out by someone.  There aren't any other options i.e either she walked or was carried, (includes being dragged).

"When questioned, he states that from the first moment, after the first fruitless searches, he thought that Madeleine had been abducted and it was this information that he gave to everyone to whom he spoke. He reached such a conclusion because he did not think it possible that she had gone out on her own or opened the blinds and window in the room." 
"he did not think it possible that she had gone out on her own"  doesn't actually mean that she couldn't do it, but that she had not done it.  In other words the signs weren't there i.e. an open gate or an open door indicating someone had gone out through there.

Going out by herself should have been a probability - but for some reason they knew maddie hadn't.

So didn't they have a few hours sleep - then put the bucket in the foyer.

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member

Going out by herself should have been a probability - but for some reason they knew maddie hadn't.

Is there a question to Kate or Gerry that themed on abduction?  Looking at Kate next:

"06 --- Asked why she said from the outset that MADELEINE was kidnapped [abducted], she did not respond."

Maybe it was right Kate was right and hit the nail on the head even though I think the open window raised shutters gave Kate the wrong impression.  Madeleine was missing, it seems reasonable to think "abduction" given the signs.

"07 --- On the assumption that Madeleine had been kidnapped [abducted], why she left the twins alone at home to go to the Tapas to give [raise] the alarm, yet [while] the supposed kidnapper [abductor] could still be in the apartment, she did not respond." 
Gosh she had spent time looking around the apartment, the kidnapper was definitely no longer in the apartment.  What were the PJ thinking?

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member

I wouldn't say "knew"  but the would "thought".

Offline G-Unit

I think the beds were too low for anyone to get underneath them.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline kizzy

Is there a question to Kate or Gerry that themed on abduction?  Looking at Kate next:

"06 --- Asked why she said from the outset that MADELEINE was kidnapped [abducted], she did not respond."

Maybe it was right Kate was right and hit the nail on the head even though I think the open window raised shutters gave Kate the wrong impression.  Madeleine was missing, it seems reasonable to think "abduction" given the signs.

"07 --- On the assumption that Madeleine had been kidnapped [abducted], why she left the twins alone at home to go to the Tapas to give [raise] the alarm, yet [while] the supposed kidnapper [abductor] could still be in the apartment, she did not respond." 
Gosh she had spent time looking around the apartment, the kidnapper was definitely no longer in the apartment.  What were the PJ thinking?

How would the PJ know - she didn't answer the questions.

Did she look round about the shutter area - maddie could have fell out the window.

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member

How would the PJ know - she didn't answer the questions.

Did she look round about the shutter area - maddie could have fell out the window.
Amy Tierney and Kate look out the window.

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
I think the beds were too low for anyone to get underneath them.
Well I suppose someone could still hide a body under the beds.

Offline kizzy

Amy Tierney and Kate look out the window.

So kmccann didn't -  when she searched apartment, thought that would be the obvious thing with window open.

Any one could have been stood out side of it.

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member

So kmccann didn't -  when she searched apartment, thought that would be the obvious thing with window open.

Any one could have been stood out side of it.
Somewhere Kate does say she looked out the window, I recall her saying it in an interview.  The words were "I looked out the window but I didn't know what I expected to find".