Author Topic: Is the Bamber conviction legally safe?  (Read 4316 times)

Offline LuminousWanderer

Is the Bamber conviction legally safe?
« on: March 28, 2018, 03:29:02 AM »
The question I want to form an opinion on is not guilt or innocence, but whether there is a prospect of a successful application to the CCRC.

The responses I have had on this Forum have been helpful.

Two further questions I have are:

(i). What is Bamber’s current position legally?  Has a new CCRC application been submitted?  If so, when?

(ii). I note there is fresh evidence in the form of the telephone log.  What, in summary form (bullet points are fine), is the other fresh evidence or potential grounds for appeal?  Can a copy of the documents/information be viewed online? 

If anybody can help, that would be appreciated.

Offline Nicholas

Re: Is the Bamber conviction legally safe?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 10:50:23 AM »
The question I want to form an opinion on is not guilt or innocence, but whether there is a prospect of a successful application to the CCRC.

(i). What is Bamber’s current position legally?  Has a new CCRC application been submitted?  If so, when?

(ii). I note there is fresh evidence in the form of the telephone log.  What, in summary form (bullet points are fine), is the other fresh evidence or potential grounds for appeal?  Can a copy of the documents/information be viewed online? 

But Bambers conviction won't get over turned on a technicality.

There's no one who can help you or Bamber answer your questions the way you want them answered.

The plausible deniability to which you allude may well always be there for some but that's all it ever will be.

The Bamber case isn't the best example to use if you are "stress testing" the criminal justice system IMO.

You would be better off looking at and concentrating on cases like the Birmingham 6, where there is a clear miscarriage of justice.

Is the Bamber conviction legally safe? Yes! Without doubt! Of course if you ask your question to one of his supporters you will get a different answer. The problem you face however is that there aren't many genuine supporters left. By genuine I mean those people who are prepared to put their name and reputation on the line no matter the consequences.

Samson thinks Holly is doing "gods work" on behalf of Bamber but the pair of them remain annonymous- as they are entitled to do. By remaining annonymous however it suggests they aren't as confident as they may appear on Internet forums and with what they post.

Remember this:

At Jeremy Bamber's trial, the judge in his summing up directed the jury to three crucial questions...

1. Did they believe Julie Mugford or Jeremy Bamber?

2. Did they believe that Nevill Bamber had made a phone call to his son Jeremy in the early hours.

3. And were they sure that Sheila did not kill the others before committing suicide and in particular did they believe a silencer was used?

If so they could conclude Jeremy was guilty. http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=29.msg3857#msg3857
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 11:06:43 AM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Caroline

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 11:15:35 AM »

There is no fresh evidence, the log is the one that was written by West. Other documents can't be viewed online because as yet, 'claims' are simply that.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 11:29:18 AM »
There is no fresh evidence, the log is the one that was written by West. Other documents can't be viewed online because as yet, 'claims' are simply that.

There will never be fresh evidence. Whatever the police have chosen to not disclose may well have been held onto and not disclosed to protect witnesses from further risk and harm from Jeremy Bamber.

The CT have clearly lied and manipulated the evidence they have presented on Bambers behalf. Whether that be knowingly or unknowingly only they can answer.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 11:34:52 AM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 11:31:33 AM »
There will never be fresh evidence. Whatever the police have chosen to not disclose probably hasn't been disclosed to protect witnesses from further risk and harm from Jeremy Bamber.

The CT have clearly lied and manipulated the evidence they have presented on Bambers behalf. Whether that be knowingly or unknowingly only they can answer.

Did you mean 'there won't be fresh evidence?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 11:33:40 AM »
The CCRC have said Bamber has come to the end of the road. Or words to that effect. They will have learned lessons when reviewing his case previously,. They will have also gained a wealth of knowledge from Internet forums such as this.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 11:37:17 AM »

There won't be fresh evidence now and there will never be fresh evidence in this case

The campaign team are doing there best to put on a united front and make it appear all is going well and things are moving forward but they aren't!

It wouldn't surprise me to learn some of them are now questioning their involement with this case.

http://www.jeremy-bamber.co.uk/victim-support/support-at-the-scene/family-home-is-a-crime-ccene/media-intrusion/psychological-impact-and-implications-for-recovery/social-and-relationships/advocacy/bodies-and-funerals/dimensions-of-ptsd-and-conclusion/supplement-shock-trauma-response - The CRC have heard it all before

The "new" photos alluded to by some have been misinterpreted by those playing catch up or those wanting to peddle spin and who appear to get a kick out of antagonising others.

At Bambers request, much evidence was burned that would have most probably showed a forensic link to Jeremy Bamber.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 11:50:03 AM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 11:51:00 AM »

IMO Jeremy Bambers public campaign is almost over (it looks like it's over already) and it won't be long before JB Campaign ltd collapse. People will stop giving money to his fund and the rest will run out of money.

It isn't a case of the calm before the storm either. You only need look at the new miscarriage of justice groups and affiliated sites (many of those in existence around the time of the Simon Hall claims no longer exist) to see the Jeremy Bamber case is of no interest to any of them. Who will be funding the blue forum this year/next year and the year after that?

Ive seen no evidence to suggest things are moving forward for Bamber. The CT make their own videos, probably because the media won't go near them//Bamber?! Even people like Eric Allison appear to have distanced themselves and the style to which they report has become far more objective than it once was.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:08:56 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 12:08:44 PM »
IMO Jeremy Bambers public campaign is almost over (it looks like it's over already) and it won't be long before JB Campaign ltd collapse. People will stop giving money to his fund and the rest will run out of money.

It isn't a case of the calm before the storm either. You only need look at the new miscarriage of justice groups and affiliated sites (many of those in existence around the time of the Simon Hall claims no longer exist) to see the Jeremy Bamber case is of no interest to any of them. Who will be funding the blue forum this year/next year and the year after that?

Ive seen no evidence to suggest things are moving forward for Bamber. The CT make their own videos, probably because the media won't go near them//Bamber?!

https://jeremybamber.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 12:09:42 PM »
https://jeremybamber.blogspot.co.uk/

I posted this last night.

It's all hot air.

It's here http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=468.msg454098#msg454098

Smoke and mirrors nothing more!

Where's the 3rd blog promised? https://jeremybamber.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/15-years-since-last-appeal-jeremys.html

"In Vegas when they discover someone cheating there would be consequences. It is hoped that now we know that Essex police have cheated they will all face investigation. It is possible though more of the judicial authorities have known about this except me and that they have just turned a blind eye to how I was convicted, because to concede that my case was and is a miscarriage of justice brings the whole legal system into disrepute, and that it seems cannot be allowed to happen

Do you believe public money will be spent on funding the above?

It is a fallacy to believe Bambers case will "bring the whole legal system into disrepute." I once believed this fallacy in the Hall case.

What happened to the whole legal system when the Birmingham 6 were released?

I agree with Bamber when he writes -
"New beginnings because new truths have finally come to light after years of being buried beneath layer upon layer of nonsense and misinformation"

But I don't believe it in the context to which he puts it in his blog. He's not conning or duping me! Nor will he the CCRC and the appeal courts!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:50:03 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:41:33 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 12:43:29 PM »
I posted this last night. Has it been removed?

It's all hot air.

It's here http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=468.msg454098#msg454098

Smoke and mirrors nothing more!

Where's the 3rd blog promised? https://jeremybamber.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/15-years-since-last-appeal-jeremys.html

"In Vegas when they discover someone cheating there would be consequences. It is hoped that now we know that Essex police have cheated they will all face investigation. It is possible though more of the judicial authorities have known about this except me and that they have just turned a blind eye to how I was convicted, because to concede that my case was and is a miscarriage of justice brings the whole legal system into disrepute, and that it seems cannot be allowed to happen

Do you believe public money will be spent on funding the above?

It is a fallacy to believe Bambers case will "bring the whole legal system into disrepute." I once believed this fallacy in the Hall case.

What happened to the whole legal system when the Birmingham 6 were released?

I agree with Bamber when he writes -
"New beginnings because new truths have finally come to light after years of being buried beneath layer upon layer of nonsense and misinformation"

But I don't believe it in the context to which he puts it in his blog. He's not conning or duping me! Nor will he the CCRC and the appeal courts!

Hi Steph, don't think it's been removed I just didn't see it :)

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 12:48:37 PM »
Hi Steph, don't think it's been removed I just didn't see it :)

Hi Caroline. Yes I realised that after I posted and went looking for it. Will edit my original post.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 01:12:33 PM »

Were you aware LM that anyone can make submissions to the CCRC if an application has been submitted and accepted?

Legally, Bambers current position is: Guilty as charged and he's serving a full life tariff.

In summary it appears the CT are asking for more money or launching a new incentive for Easter to raise more money? Unless they have already done so?

Have you considered approaching the CCRC to ask them if a new application has been received/accepted? By doing so you cut out the middle man

And in the unlikey event the CCRC are currently considering a new application, you may want to check with a solicitor before you submit your new evidence re the telephone log - it's been covered in considerable depth already - remember you cannot just rely on your current perception of the evidence in question. It needs to pass the "real possibility" test. https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201415/cmselect/cmjust/850/85005.htm

http://www.betterconsult.com.au/blog/the-real-possibility-test-used-by-the-ccrc-in-the-uk-to-determine-whether-to-refer-the-matter-to-the-courts/

It might be worthwhile familiarising yourself with the CCRC's previous statement of reasons.

Bamber has always maintained he is innocent of killing his family at their farmhouse in Tolleshunt D'Arcy, near Colchester.
He claims his sister Sheila Caffell killed the family before shooting herself.
'Not unusual'
This will be the third extension granted to his lawyers in responding to the CCRC decision.
In a statement, the CCRC said: "Mr Bamber's legal team has very recently suggested that an additional line of enquiry should be pursued.
"In the interests of completeness, we have agreed in principle to explore the potential for the further work suggested and have extended the deadline for submissions in order to facilitate this.
"Such extensions are not unusual. We routinely consider, and where appropriate allow, extensions in cases where there is a reasonable justification for doing so
."http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-14762107
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:27:13 PM by Stephanie »

david1819

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 01:43:27 PM »

I have tried to upload attachments but oddly I get a message that it has to be approved by a moderator.