Author Topic: Should SY set up a special unit to investigate ALL missing child cases?  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Should SY set up a special unit to investigate ALL missing child cases?
« Reply #195 on: April 09, 2018, 11:18:01 AM »
As long as money is available there will always be leads -IMO

They are not offered money before a lead is established are they?

Offline jassi

« Reply #196 on: April 09, 2018, 11:20:34 AM »
They are not offered money before a lead is established are they?

How do you know how it works ?
OG puts an application forward, the HO approves it.
Would you like to be the Home Secretary who refused to give money to 'search' for Madeleine ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -  nearly 11 years and still no solution.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #197 on: April 09, 2018, 11:33:45 AM »
Would you like to be the Home Secretary who refused to give money to 'search' for Madeleine ?

Why not?
According to the sceptics the McCanns are deeply unpopular and the public resent the money being wasted on the search for Madeleine.
I would have thought there would be resounding cheers throughout the entire country, if the money was refused.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 12:05:40 PM by Erngath »
Amaral, making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.

Offline Lace

« Reply #198 on: April 09, 2018, 11:40:07 AM »

OG have to prove they are following a credible lead before they are given money to continue it.   If they didn't I am sure the Home Secretary wouldn't give the money and the reason would be that there are no further leads.  IMO

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #199 on: April 09, 2018, 02:45:59 PM »
Do you believe the PJ should be above criticism?

No, they shouldn't but lets look at the experience and timeline  and difference of this ' criticism'.

It was hours after MBM Was declared to have been abducted- news via Gerrys sister . who wasn't there!

claiming the police 'weren't doing anything' the whole family got behind K&G to 'support them' ignoring the fact that it was K&G behaviour which cause an alleged disappearance to occur- ok, right, so then, who  is to blame for not finding MBM within the 'important hours' well that would be  the GNR-PJ Obviously.Tsk. Nothing to do with the Tapas, holding back -not phoning the police - even though Kate did claim to have known right away.

The investigation was infested, and attempts to derail it are very apparent.

The hounding and vile derogatory remarks about the  police investigation was swift and never ending- even to this very day.

So it is a  bit rich for the supporters to claim criticism of OG is unfair. waiting 11 years to point out some mistakes is hardly a real reason for unfair criticism.

a very interesting read in  the Blacksmith Bureau blog.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline misty

« Reply #200 on: April 09, 2018, 02:55:44 PM »
No, they shouldn't but lets look at the experience and timeline  and difference of this ' criticism'.

It was hours after MBM Was declared to have been abducted- news via Gerrys sister . who wasn't there!

claiming the police 'weren't doing anything' the whole family got behind K&G to 'support them' ignoring the fact that it was K&G behaviour which cause an alleged disappearance to occur- ok, right, so then, who  is to blame for not finding MBM within the 'important hours' well that would be  the GNR-PJ Obviously.Tsk. Nothing to do with the Tapas, holding back -not phoning the police - even though Kate did claim to have known right away.

The hounding and vile derogatory remarks about the  police investigation was swift and never ending- even to this very day.

So it is a  bit rich for the supporters to claim criticism of OG is unfair. waiting 11 years to point out some mistakes is hardly a real reason for unfair criticism.

"Someone is frightened that Grange is a success.  The only people who could be frightened of that are potential or actual suspects".

The only realistic sentences he's ever written. IMO.

« Reply #201 on: April 09, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »

"Someone is frightened that Grange is a success.  The only people who could be frightened of that are potential or actual suspects".

I am sure that will make him feel a lot better Misty.  It is a bit much to expect all the 'sightings' and non leads getting to the media are deflection. NOTHING is coming from Portugal  wonder why that is? it could be, because IF ANYTHING like evidence was released or witnesses were interfered with then the 'suspect' cold claim not to have had a fair trial.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:24:51 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2018, 05:46:37 PM »

I'm glad you agree that the PJ shouldn't be above criticism as it seems that the mere mention of the fact that the initial investigation was flawed seems to irk some people.  As for Blacksmith's blog, I have read it and rarely found it interesting, more often than not I find it bewilderingly bitter and cruel, as if the McCanns and their friends and supporters have done him a personal injustice.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" - MLK Jr

Offline sadie

« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2018, 10:59:46 PM »

I think that both you and Blacksmith are right misty.  8((()*/    Here is hoping anyway.
Darren Osbourne  IDIOT

Only in my opinion, of course

Offline Carana

« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2018, 12:38:28 PM »
It is almost as though they are expecting to have fo field questions on "why did you not follow this "lead" " further down the track.
"I know it's daft beyond all reason and comprehension but let's block it off just in case"

I presume that there is some criteria-based strategic process to help distinguish between credible leads and fact-free crank theories.

Some leads may well have been examined even if they seemed unrealistic, e.g., the usual spate of "psychics" with mystic "knowledge" of what happened to her. Without an elimination process, how can anyone determine whether the person writing in is sincere but misguided, a publicity-seeker (one out of thousands of "visions" might eventually turn out to be coincidentally vaguely accurate), or using an airy-fairy persona to convey real information?

https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publications/abstract.aspx?ID=56166

There was some research into psychics in the late 70s... but which appears to have been largely dismissed.

« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2018, 01:19:17 PM »
I'm glad you agree that the PJ shouldn't be above criticism as it seems that the mere mention of the fact that the initial investigation was flawed seems to irk some people.  As for Blacksmith's blog, I have read it and rarely found it interesting, more often than not I find it bewilderingly bitter and cruel, as if the McCanns and their friends and supporters have done him a personal injustice.

I think you will find  among the independent thinkers (sceptics, evil trolls to supporters)  that the PJ should have been less accommodating and should have  more effective in working as would the UK police and social work would have done if this happened in the UK. That was a huge error on their part IMO. The rest of the responsibility lays squarely at the feet of the parents and Tapas group.

I don't get the gripe about some people being irked by this, if you are implying faith, I suggest you read exactly what her challenge is.  mainly supporters pick and chose which part of reports they like and dismiss the rest. so the question would be if this if flawed why believe any of it...

Blacksmith merely comments on events and calls out the  players. Do you feel the same about Kate and her out bursts regarding the PJ  who were spending time and money on an investigation to find what happened to her daughter?

f** king tossers  - police

He deserves to suffer (Amaral) 

tweedle dee and tweedle dum - police 

We forgive the abductor...(believed to be a paedophile gang according to Gerry)- 'abductor'

Yeah you really need to read it to believe it.

The special unit if it was set up would have certainly not have given the McCanns a soft approach!

Offline barrier

« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2018, 01:30:20 PM »

Given  Operation Task is suggestive of the brits being on the case from the get go they are as much to blame if as some like to believe the initial investigation was flawed,can it be said that 11yrs later anything as changed?
Mark Rowley:There are odd headlines and odd stories in newspapers on a regular basis and most of those are nonsense.

« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2018, 01:32:57 PM »
Given  Operation Task is suggestive of the brits being on the case from the get go they are as much to blame if as some like to believe the initial investigation was flawed,can it be said that 11yrs later anything as changed?

They will have made great innings since Sadies 'chat' with them I am sure.