Author Topic: Should SY set up a special unit to investigate ALL missing child cases?  (Read 16666 times)

Offline John

Should Scotland Yard set up a special unit to investigate ALL missing child cases?

It has now been revealed that Operation Grange, set up to investigate the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, is to get further funds in addition to the £11 million already spend on the enquiry.

Comments made publicly last week by the parents of several other missing children and adults have been critical of this new allocation of funds given their own loss.

Is it not time that Scotland Yard set up a special unit to look at ALL missing person cases equally?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ben-needhams-tearful-mum-slams-12271252
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5932075/madeleine-mccann-maddie-cash-decision-dad-michael-whinham-unfair/
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline jassi

Why the Metropolitan police - why not the National Crime Agency ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Angelo222

Should Scotland Yard set up a special unit to investigate ALL missing child cases?

It has now been revealed that Operation Grange, set up to investigate the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, is to get further funds in addition to the £11 million already spend on the enquiry.

Comments made publicly last week by the parents of several other missing children and adults have been critical of this new allocation of funds given their own loss.

Is it not time that Scotland Yard set up a special unit to look at ALL missing person cases equally?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ben-needhams-tearful-mum-slams-12271252
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5932075/madeleine-mccann-maddie-cash-decision-dad-michael-whinham-unfair/

There are dozens of young children and teenagers missing from the UK and nobody is doing anything about it.  It seems that a lone parent can abduct his or her child or children and disappear abroad without consequence.  Is that really acceptable in modern day western society?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 01:24:12 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

It could be argued that one parent should have no more rights over a child than the other.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

It could be argued that one parent should have no more rights over a child than the other.
But what happens when the parents aren't talking to each other?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

There are dozens of young children and teenagers missing from the UK and nobody is doing anything about it.  It seems that a lone parent can abduction his or her child or children and disappear abroad without consequence.  Is that really acceptable in modern day western society?

Angelo, you may not be aware but this is a huge ask. do you have any idea how many children go missing but are NOT reported. Especially young girls whos parents are from Pakistan. There have been many reported to have gone missing by teachers and social workers. look at the size of Pakistan (there are other countries) what chance do the police-SY have of finding any of them?

Many British children die during the 'cutting' season in some ethnic  cultures whos parents  insist UK born children should adhere to another country's culture.  The country really couldn't afford it.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

It is a tremendously complex issue.

It is also one to which when asked to name "all the missing children"not being looked for, no-one ever does because to one degree or another it is not the norm for British police not to pull out all the stops as far as missing children are concerned.

Just the fact that Scotland Yard and Policia Judiciaria reviews conducted independently of each other found numerous witnesses who had not been interviewed when Madeleine disappeared tends in my opinion to suggest that her case was not conducted as is the norm expected for missing children.

Neither is it the norm for British children to be removed from these shores to be taken to a war zone.  I presume their distraught fathers have reported them missing therefore like Madeleine they are missing while on holiday abroad and will appear in the statistics as such.  Therefore statistically speaking the only difference in their case and Madeleine's is that there are nine of them and we know who abducted them.

Snip
In the most alarming case to date, siblings Khadija Dawood, 30, Sugra Dawood, 34, and Zohra Dawood, 33, are believed to have followed their brother to Syria.

They took with them their nine children, five year-old Muhammad Haseeb, Maryam Siddiqui, seven, Ismaeel Iqbal, three, Mariya Iqbal, five, Zaynab Iqbal, eight, Ibrahim Iqbal, 14, Junaid Ahmed Iqbal, 15, Haafiyah Binte Zubair, eight, and five-year-old Nurah Binte Zubair.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11676378/Family-of-12-missing-after-pilgrimage-to-Saudi-Arabia.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

It is a tremendously complex issue.

It is also one to which when asked to name "all the missing children"not being looked for, no-one ever does because to one degree or another it is not the norm for British police not to pull out all the stops as far as missing children are concerned.

Just the fact that Scotland Yard and Policia Judiciaria reviews conducted independently of each other found numerous witnesses who had not been interviewed when Madeleine disappeared tends in my opinion to suggest that her case was not conducted as is the norm expected for missing children.

Neither is it the norm for British children to be removed from these shores to be taken to a war zone.  I presume their distraught fathers have reported them missing therefore like Madeleine they are missing while on holiday abroad and will appear in the statistics as such.  Therefore statistically speaking the only difference in their case and Madeleine's is that there are nine of them and we know who abducted them.

It's children like Maddie and Ben I'm primarily concerned about and not Muslims who want to engage in some pathetic ethnic war back home in Syria and deem it appropriate to take their children with them.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:23:56 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline sadie

Angelo, you may not be aware but this is a huge ask. do you have any idea how many children go missing but are NOT reported. Especially young girls whos parents are from Pakistan. There have been many reported to have gone missing by teachers and social workers. look at the size of Pakistan (there are other countries) what chance do the police-SY have of finding any of them?

Many British children die during the 'cutting' season in some ethnic  cultures whos parents  insist UK born children should adhere to another country's culture.  The country really couldn't afford it.
IMHO, the country must afford it. 

Whatever the skin colour and ethnicity a child is a child, unable to look after itself and MUST be protected.   

Offline Angelo222

IMHO, the country must afford it. 

Whatever the skin colour and ethnicity a child is a child, unable to look after itself and MUST be protected.

I disagree, these third world practises belong in the third world.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline sadie

Re: Should SY set up a special unit to investigate ALL missing child cases?
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 02:56:07 PM »
I disagree, these third world practises belong in the third world.
I am pleased to agree with you on the third world practices, Angelo.

It still leaves the children at risk though .... and as children and British Citizens, we Brits must be humane and do our best to help them and to find out what has happened to them.  We must try to protect them and bring any Justice possible to them. 

We dont just wipe our hands of them, because of their ethnicity and what their parents have done,

AIMHO

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 03:03:59 PM »
I am pleased to agree with you on the third world practices, Angelo.

It still leaves the children at risk though .... and as children and British Citizens, we Brits must be humane and do our best to help them and to find out what has happened to them.  We must try to protect them and bring any Justice possible to them. 

We dont just wipe our hands of them, because of their ethnicity and what their parents have done,

AIMHO

I have no problem with helping to look for children who have been abducted but I draw the line with archaic religious practises perpetrated by immigrants, many of whom should not be in this country to begin with.

The money spent on the McCann case is certainly not proportionate when one considers all the other 'British' children who have gone missing.  Little wonder that Ben Needham's mother felt it necessary to go on live daytime TV to highlight the issue.  I would feel exactly the same as her had my child disappeared under similar circumstances.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 03:25:00 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 03:22:29 PM »
It's children like Maddie and Ben I'm primarily concerned about and not Muslims who want to engage in some pathetic ethnic war back home in Syria.

At one time or another all of us were the children and descendants of immigrants either conquerors, the conquered or economic immigrants desperate to make a better life for themselves and their families. It sure ain't the climate that attracted anyone to these shores imo!   
We're still doing it.
Aussies are passing Brits as they pass each other to new lives. 
I doubt if Robbity's ancestors are the original inhabitants of NZ, who themselves were I believe immigrants; and SIL is busy carving out a new life for self and family in the sun (how jealous am I!!)

Immigrants bring a lot of bonuses with them ... the three women mentioned in my post are not typical ... and the children who could possibly have been killed as a result of their actions had the potential to make great contributions to our society as a whole.

However that was not the point of my post.  These children were given no choice in the matter of whether or not they were to be taken to try to live in a war zone.
They were taken by one parent without the knowledge of the other which in my opinion makes them abducted, missing children ... but how in conscience could we as a society launch an investigation into their disappearance with the hope of recovery?

I think it is puerile to make comparisons with the cases of the disappeared as each case is essentially different;  one person might be found after an absence of hours another might take days or years.
Surely the criteria must be whether or not a case can be pursued as a result of the viable evidence available?  In Madeleine's case we are told there is an active line of inquiry being pursued.

I don't know how the police of this country would deal with a case of those British children abducted to a foreign jurisdiction ~ five year-old Muhammad Haseeb, Maryam Siddiqui, seven, Ismaeel Iqbal, three, Mariya Iqbal, five, Zaynab Iqbal, eight, Ibrahim Iqbal, 14, Junaid Ahmed Iqbal, 15, Haafiyah Binte Zubair, eight, and five-year-old Nurah Binte Zubair ~ but I know how I believe they should deal with the case of a missing British child abducted from a foreign jurisdiction which is also carrying out an investigation into her disappearance.
The first part of which is not trying to make a comparison between apples and pears.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:51:33 PM by Angelo222 »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 03:27:42 PM »
At one time or another all of us were the children and descendants of immigrants either conquerors, the conquered or economic immigrants desperate to make a better life for themselves and their families. It sure ain't the climate that attracted anyone to these shores imo!   
We're still doing it.
Aussies are passing Brits as they pass each other to new lives. 
I doubt if Robbity's ancestors are the original inhabitants of NZ, who themselves were I believe immigrants; and SIL is busy carving out a new life for self and family in the sun (how jealous am I!!)

Immigrants bring a lot of bonuses with them ... the three women mentioned in my post are not typical ... and the children who could possibly have been killed as a result of their actions had the potential to make great contributions to our society as a whole.

However that was not the point of my post.  These children were given no choice in the matter of whether or not they were to be taken to try to live in a war zone.
They were taken by one parent without the knowledge of the other which in my opinion makes them abducted, missing children ... but how in conscience could we as a society launch an investigation into their disappearance with the hope of recovery?

I think it is puerile to make comparisons with the cases of the disappeared as each case is essentially different;  one person might be found after an absence of hours another might take days or years.
Surely the criteria must be whether or not a case can be pursued as a result of the viable evidence available?  In Madeleine's case we are told there is an active line of inquiry being pursued.

I don't know how the police of this country would deal with a case of those British children abducted to a foreign jurisdiction ~ five year-old Muhammad Haseeb, Maryam Siddiqui, seven, Ismaeel Iqbal, three, Mariya Iqbal, five, Zaynab Iqbal, eight, Ibrahim Iqbal, 14, Junaid Ahmed Iqbal, 15, Haafiyah Binte Zubair, eight, and five-year-old Nurah Binte Zubair ~ but I know how I believe they should deal with the case of a missing British child abducted from a foreign jurisdiction which is also carrying out an investigation into her disappearance.
The first part of which is not trying to make a comparison between apples and pears.

The British police have no interest in Muslim children taken out of the UK by their parents in order to pursue some Syrian adventure.  In my opinion they should never be allowed back just like those two ISIS terrorists who were part of the Beatles gang.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 03:30:52 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 03:30:44 PM »
I have no problem with helping to look for children who have been abducted but I draw the line with archaic religious practises perpetrated by immigrants, many of whom should not be in this country to begin with.

The money spent on the McCann case is certainly not proportionate when one considers all the other 'British' children who have gone missing.  Little wonder that Ben Needham's mother felt it necessary to go on live daytime TV to highlight the issue.  I would feel exactly the same as her had my child disappeared under similar circumstances.

Are you suggesting that the Greek police shouldn't have investigated Ben's disappearance because he wasn't Greek?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:09:36 PM by Carana »