Author Topic: Should SY set up a special unit to investigate ALL missing child cases?  (Read 16432 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Should SY set up a special unit to investigate ALL missing child cases?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2018, 03:32:48 PM »
Are you suggesting that the Greek police shouldn't have investigated Ben's disappearanch because he wasn't Greek?

The Needhams were in Greece legally.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2018, 03:39:09 PM »

You're confusing me. You're talking about different things (whether or not the Needhams were officially resident or not).

So... in your view, is it archaic religious practices or their legal status that should determine whether the police should investigate a missing child on UK soil?

Who are you classifying as having archaic religious practices, and what exactly do you mean by that?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2018, 03:53:49 PM »

So any Muslims here legally have the right to police protection

Offline Brietta

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2018, 04:02:04 PM »
The British police have no interest in Muslim children taken out of the UK by their parents in order to pursue some Syrian adventure.  In my opinion they should never be allowed back just like those two ISIS terrorists who were part of the Beatles gang.

I just think the "what about all the other missing children" syndrome is far too simplistic and hasn't been properly thought through.
I also believe in the rights of the child not to be used and abused by anyone and that includes all British children; how to achieve that may be the difficulty.

Madeleine McCann's case is simple by comparison with many others in that there is an active line of inquiry being pursued on Madeleine's behalf.
While that is the situation I remain dumbfounded that there are those who continually object to anything being done on Madeleine's behalf with one spurious action after another.

If some of the newer Britons are having difficulty in accommodating the rights of their children in accordance with British values, in my opinion there is no excuse for those citizens who are more established to run what is in effect a vendetta against a missing little girl.
Who is to know who is setting the example on how to behave to whom?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2018, 04:04:30 PM »

Should the disappearance of a child or a potentially vulnerable adult in suspicious circumstances on UK soil (or a UK child / vulnerable adult on foreign soil), whether legally resident, a tourist, or illegally present not be investigated by the police?

How far can that reasoning go?

What if someone witnessed a murder? Should the police not investigate if the victim's legal status was in doubt? Or if they looked as if they might be of the sort who may have "archaic religious practices", whatever that means in Angelo's view?

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:25:43 PM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2018, 04:35:00 PM »
It's children like Maddie and Ben I'm primarily concerned about and not Muslims who want to engage in some pathetic ethnic war back home in Syria.

Only Muslim economic migrant children should be excluded then? Even if the parents are legally working in the UK, and paying their taxes? Does this extend to the children of any other migrants, economic or otherwise, or only to Muslims?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:54:03 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Carana

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2018, 09:29:22 PM »

Any victim of a suspected serious crime should benefit from a police investigation, shouldn't they? Whatever the legal status.

Otherwise, it's ok for a national to serial kill or rape anyone whose ethnicity / religion / sexual orientation / skin colour / nationality / hair cut they don't like is it, as they shouldn't be investigated?

Offline Carana

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2018, 09:49:30 PM »

Angelo, you may not be aware but this is a huge ask. do you have any idea how many children go missing but are NOT reported. Especially young girls whos parents are from Pakistan. There have been many reported to have gone missing by teachers and social workers. look at the size of Pakistan (there are other countries) what chance do the police-SY have of finding any of them?

Many British children die during the 'cutting' season in some ethnic  cultures whos parents  insist UK born children should adhere to another country's culture.  The country really couldn't afford it.

Not only from Pakistan. Kids from all over, often poor countries, end up in the UK or another relatively rich country for one reason or another. Sometimes as child slaves, and sometimes for rich families.

Teenagers (and sometimes even children) get trafficked for the sex trade, and can disappear.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »
Not only from Pakistan. Kids from all over, often poor countries, end up in the UK or another relatively rich country for one reason or another. Sometimes as child slaves, and sometimes for rich families.

Teenagers (and sometimes even children) get trafficked for the sex trade, and can disappear.

I think our hard pressed police forces have more than enough to do without worrying about ethnic minorities who in many cases despise our way of life here in the UK.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2018, 10:02:19 PM »
I think our hard pressed police forces have more than enough to do without worrying about ethnic minorities who in many cases despise our way of life here in the UK.
I can't believe what I'm reading here.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2018, 10:10:13 PM »
I can't believe what I'm reading here.

Oh I can!
"The law only applies to those I like"
"Supporters are more empathic than sceptics"
and so on.
See my signature strip.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2018, 10:12:41 PM »

A lot of countries aren't too fond of Brits either. If one of your loved ones went missing abroad (and I hope this will never happen), you'd find it legitimate for the police of that country to refuse to investigate, would you?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2018, 10:19:29 PM »
A lot of countries aren't too fond of Brits either. If one of your loved ones went missing abroad (and I hope this will never happen), you'd find it legitimate for the police of that country to refuse to investigate, would you?

Depends very much on the country.

As for the subject of this thread I think SY has shown a distinct lack of empathy for the parents of other British missing children by spending so much on a single case and especially so when the parents were themselves suspects at one time.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:22:17 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2018, 10:30:53 PM »
Oh I can!
"The law only applies to those I like"
"Supporters are more empathic than sceptics"
and so on.
See my signature strip.

I agree with most of that except the supporter / sceptic remark. It's rare, but for once this might well be a bipartisan issue.

Offline Carana

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2018, 10:32:55 PM »
Depends very much on the country.

As for the subject of this thread I think SY has shown a distinct lack of empathy for the parents of other British missing children by spending so much on a single case and especially so when the parents were themselves suspects at one time.

But British-born children from other origins don't matter, according to you, so how many does that boil down to?