Author Topic: Should SY set up a special unit to investigate ALL missing child cases?  (Read 16664 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Should SY set up a special unit to investigate ALL missing child cases?
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2018, 10:44:09 PM »
Depends very much on the country.

As for the subject of this thread I think SY has shown a distinct lack of empathy for the parents of other British missing children by spending so much on a single case and especially so when the parents were themselves suspects at one time.

Why the SY (Met) specifically? Is there any reason why they would be involved in every missing child case?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2018, 10:44:53 PM »
But British-born children from other origins don't matter, according to you, so how many does that boil down to?

You only need to look at the pages and pages of missing children on the missing persons website to see that most are from a minority ethnic background who spurn our British values.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:49:55 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2018, 10:48:44 PM »
Why the SY (Met) specifically? Is there any reason why they would be involved in every missing child case?

You could ask why the Met is involved in the McCann case.  Is Leicestershire Police so inept that they couldn't have undertaken the enquiry?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:56:10 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2018, 11:00:10 PM »
Oh I can!
"The law only applies to those I like"
"Supporters are more empathic than sceptics"
and so on.
See my signature strip.
What?  The law should apply to all equally and isn't that precisely why Angelo's p.o.v. is so repellent?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2018, 11:17:00 PM »
You could ask why the Met is involved in the McCann case.  Is Leicestershire Police so inept that they couldn't have undertaken the enquiry?

Have you read the Operation Task Strategic Debrief?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2018, 11:35:05 PM »
What?  The law should apply to all equally and isn't that precisely why Angelo's p.o.v. is so repellent?

In theory I agree but there are minorities in this country who don't have any respect for our laws and our way of life.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2018, 11:38:43 PM »
You only need to look at the pages and pages of missing children on the missing persons website to see that most are from a minority ethnic background who spurn our British values.

Angelo, I think your remarks are getting way out of hand....

As you're a senior mod and post editor I guess there's not much I can say, except maybe get some sleep and think about what you've been saying all day.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 11:48:47 PM by Carana »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2018, 11:43:41 PM »
Angelo, I think your remarks are getting way out of hand....

As you're a senior mod and post editor I guess there's not much I can say, except maybe get some sleep and think about what you've been sayinng all day.

Is the truth so hard to swallow Carana?   Which bit don't you agree with?  Is it the fact that most children currently missing in the UK are from ethnic minority backgrounds or is it the fact that many within those minority's have little or no respect for our British values?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2018, 11:47:12 PM »
Have you read the Operation Task Strategic Debrief?

So you've answered your own question as to why regional police forces should be sidelined in favour of the Met's so-called expertise.  My own view is that the Met is running this current enquiry because they are doing so under Government control.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2018, 11:55:52 PM »
Is the truth so hard to swallow Carana?   Which bit don't you agree with?  Is it the fact that most children currently missing in the UK are from ethnic minority backgrounds or is it the fact that many within those minority's have little or no respect for our British values?

Which missing children's site are you referring to?

What are British values? And which do you assume that anyone who doesn't look like you doesn't respect?

What does it matter what their ethnicity is? They are missing. Why?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2018, 11:59:38 PM »
Which missing children's site are you referring to?

What are British values? And which do you assume that anyone who doesn't look like you doesn't respect?

What does it matter what their ethnicity is? They are missing. Why?

The only official one, Missing People.  Are you seriously asking what British values are?  I think most indigenous British people would find FGM, child slavery, forced marriages and other third world practises quite offensive, I certainly do!!

An observation from the Missing People website is that many of these 'children' are actually 14/15 years of age.  Reading between the lines it would seem that they disappear voluntarily, undoubtedly wanting to discover their ethnic roots.  I agree that chasing these young adults would be a waste of resources.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 12:20:59 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline sadie

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2018, 12:20:06 AM »
Have you thought that possibly they, Leicestershire Police, got so close to the Portimao PJ that it was considered better to make a clean sweep and involove another force?

Why the Met ?  Was it probably because this case was considered rather sensitive and The Met had more experience of cases in other countries? 

Also, possibly because they are considered the best investagative force in the UK .... and this case had become really big thanks to rumours and innuendoes and disinformation.  It needed the best to unravel it.

Looks like they have succeeded.   
Hope they can find sufficient proof to convict a certain party and also hopefully find Madeleine

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2018, 12:25:51 AM »
Have you thought that possibly they, Leicestershire Police, got so close to the Portimao PJ that it was considered better to make a clean sweep and involove another force?

Why the Met ?  Was it probably because this case was considered rather sensitive and The Met had more experience of cases in other countries? 

Also, possibly because they are considered the best investagative force in the UK .... and this case had become really big thanks to rumours and innuendoes and disinformation.  It needed the best to unravel it.

Looks like they have succeeded.   
Hope they can find sufficient proof to convict a certain party and also hopefully find Madeleine

I wouldn't consider them the best investigative force in the UK. Pound for pound they are probably the least efficient.  The government for whatever reason chose to fund this case out of all proportion to other missing children cases and that is what is making the parents of other missing children so angry.

As for success, the Met have failed abysmally to make any progress so you will be sorely disappointed.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 12:28:37 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2018, 01:21:36 AM »
TBH, I'm not even sure that someone else isn't using your account, Angelo. We don't often agree, but I find this thread beyond the pale and I don't intend to fuel it any further.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2018, 02:55:41 AM »
I'm finding Angelo is expressing an opinion.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.