Author Topic: Should Operation Grange be wound up as SY face defeat?  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Angelo222

Should Operation Grange be wound up as SY face defeat?
« on: April 05, 2018, 03:06:02 PM »
Scotland Yards investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has failed absymally to turn up any significant new evidence.  Over £11 million has been spent in the search for the missing youngster and still nobody has been arrested in connection with any crime.  SY are no doubt severely embarrassed by their inability to bring anything new to the case.

Is it about time Operation Grange was shut down?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

Re: Should Operation Grange be wound up as SY face defeat?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 03:19:59 PM »
Scotland Yards investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has failed absymally to turn up any significant new evidence.  Over £11 million has been spent in the search for the missing youngster and still nobody has been arrested in connection with any crime.  SY are no doubt severely embarrassed by their inability to bring anything new to the case.

They should make public their findings IMO.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Davel

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 03:32:26 PM »
They should make public their findings IMO.
I agree it would certainly  help but are they limited by the Portuguese  secrecy
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ALL POSTS ARE MY OPINION

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 03:42:27 PM »
I agree it would certainly  help but are they limited by the Portuguese  secrecy

That never stopped Redwood.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 04:30:24 PM »

Effectively it is isn't it?
"The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there"..... "The Go Between" by L.P.Hartley

Offline barrier

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 04:33:17 PM »

Is there an active investigation? the latest monies didn't even have a figure,it could any thing up to £150,000 I believe the Mail said,meaning it could be pretty low.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 04:35:45 PM by barrier »
Mark Rowley:There are odd headlines and odd stories in newspapers on a regular basis and most of those are nonsense.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 04:51:18 PM »
Is there an active investigation? the latest monies didn't even have a figure,it could any thing up to £150,000 I believe the Mail said,meaning it could be pretty low.

Didn't Abraham Lincoln say that you can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 05:19:15 PM »
OG will not make any part of the investigation public. Whether the Portuguese do is another matter.

I myself think we’ll have a conclusion.
Moral Guilt
Detractors of the work of our British Police in bringing criminals to justice generally ignore the important distinction between moral proof and legal evidence of guilt. In not a few cases that are popularly classed with 'unsolved mysteries of crime,' the offender is known, but evidence is wanting. If, for example, in- a recent murder case of special notoriety and interest,* certain human remains had not been found in a cellar, a great crime would have been catalogued among `Police failures'; and yet, even without the evidence which sent the murderer to the gallows, the moral proof of his guilt would have been full and clear.
Robert Anderson

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 05:27:39 PM »

In this day and age 150 grand don't buy many bodies with their associated overheads for very long.
"The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there"..... "The Go Between" by L.P.Hartley

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 05:50:50 PM »

I'm still not sure how you guys are all in the know about what Operation Grange have and haven't uncovered.  Do you get regular private briefings with them or what?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" - MLK Jr

Offline barrier

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 05:56:21 PM »
In this day and age 150 grand don't buy many bodies with their associated overheads for very long.

The strange thing with that was the sudden increase from £80+ grand up to £154,000.
Mark Rowley:There are odd headlines and odd stories in newspapers on a regular basis and most of those are nonsense.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 06:06:44 PM »

A better question IMO  would be: despite the fact that the Met has said that there is still an investigative opportunity which may lead to the discovery of Madeleine McCann or at least what happened to her, is it time to close down Operation Grange because enough money has already been spent?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 06:17:30 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" - MLK Jr

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • Help to solve the Madeleine McCann case
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 08:34:42 PM »
A better question IMO  would be: despite the fact that the Met has said that there is still an investigative opportunity which may lead to the discovery of Madeleine McCann or at least what happened to her, is it time to close down Operation Grange because enough money has already been spent?
The lesson to the police departments as to how to solve this sort of crime is going to be more valuable than the 11 million spent so far.

I just hope someone is learning from the mistakes.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 08:37:40 AM »
The lesson to the police departments as to how to solve this sort of crime is going to be more valuable than the 11 million spent so far.

I just hope someone is learning from the mistakes.

Unless the case is solved there will be no lessons to be learned except perhaps the inadvisability of trying to solve a crime which was committed 4 years previously and 1,500 miles away. I would imagine there's no such thing as a perfect investigation, there will always be mistakes.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • Help to solve the Madeleine McCann case
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 08:51:57 AM »
Unless the case is solved there will be no lessons to be learned except perhaps the inadvisability of trying to solve a crime which was committed 4 years previously and 1,500 miles away. I would imagine there's no such thing as a perfect investigation, there will always be mistakes.
I was just working through the implications of  locking down the home of a missing child the moment the child is reported missing.  Imagine if the first step of the GNR was to find alternative accommodation for the McCanns?
What are you doing to find Madeleine?
https://www.youcaring.com/madeleinemccann-1080869