Author Topic: Should Operation Grange be wound up as SY face defeat?  (Read 18528 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Should Operation Grange be wound up as SY face defeat?
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2018, 09:02:27 AM »

I do not remember to find any discrepancies in Tanner statement about colors and what you can see with Low Pressure Sodium lights warm yellow glow. Persons are able to recognize colors under this condition if they have experience in LPS lights environments.

Did Tanner have such experience?

To find discrepancies you have to test the environment and scenario yourself and see how plausible the description was at the distance she described . Did you do that ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2018, 09:12:12 AM »
Did Tanner have such experience?

To find discrepancies you have to test the environment and scenario yourself and see how plausible the description was at the distance she described . Did you do that ?

She had at least the experience of 5 previous days when she could see colors in things on daylight and the same things with LP Sodium lights.

And of course I did see that the description is plausible at the distance she described. I was in PdL six times, including one May 3 at night in that corner of PdL.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2018, 09:12:53 AM »
Surely the amount of moonlight would play a part.... No doubt someone wil now look at the phases of the moon fir the, date

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2018, 09:17:54 AM »
Surely the amount of moonlight would play a part.... No doubt someone wil now look at the phases of the moon fir the, date

The full Moon rose on the sea horizon at about 22:00. So no Moon at the time Jane saw the alleged abductor.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 09:33:01 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2018, 09:42:31 AM »

She had at least the experience of 5 previous days when she could see colors in things on daylight and the same things with LP Sodium lights.

And of course I did see that the description is plausible at the distance she described. I was in PdL six times, including one May 3 at night in that corner of PdL.

I’m not sure what revelance Tanner’s experience of the previous five day plays.

I have been in PDL many, many more times than six. Did you take another person to help you observe the change in colours due to the lighting ? I did and and it is not simply not possible to see the colours and patterns Tanner did at the distance she described.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2018, 10:07:48 AM »
Heri can you give me one piece of evidence that you have discovered that wasn’t publicly available already either via the files, the media or a quick trip to PDL ?

For instance I have visited PDL many times myself both before and after Madeleine’s disappearance and I have discovered that at the distance Tanner claims she saw the Tannerman and in the lighting conditions it was impossible for her to have seen the colours and patterns on the fabrics she claimed. Have you checked this out yourself ?
I hope you have factored in your age, Jane Tanner's age, and eyesight capability of both.

I have visited 5A at 9.15 pm on one 3rd May evening.  It is not a perfect match for reasons I am aware of.

I found that although natural light was near its end, I could see the colours described by Jane.  I don't know about  a pattern.

My thoughts were that if I could still see those colours, then Jane Tanner, with much younger eyes, probably could as well.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2018, 10:46:36 AM »

I have been in PDL many, many more times than six. Did you take another person to help you observe the change in colours due to the lighting ? I did and and it is not simply not possible to see the colours and patterns Tanner did at the distance she described.

Comparison of the three witness statements made by Jane Tanner as recorded in the files ... 4 May 2007 ... 10 May 2007 and 08 April 2008 cause me some puzzlement as to the line of interrogation you have adopted here.

In my opinion there is nothing you, with benefit of hindsight, can add to embellish what Jane actually saw and reported at the time in question.  Including her very deep regret that her recollection was not forensically recorded as she would have wished in the immediate aftermath of her sighting when memory was fresh and at its clearest.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2018, 10:48:09 AM »
I hope you have factored in your age, Jane Tanner's age, and eyesight capability of both.

I have visited 5A at 9.15 pm on one 3rd May evening.  It is not a perfect match for reasons I am aware of.

I found that although natural light was near its end, I could see the colours described by Jane.  I don't know about  a pattern.

My thoughts were that if I could still see those colours, then Jane Tanner, with much younger eyes, probably could as well.

I’m factoring in all those things. I was younger than Jane with 20/20 vision when I did the experiment so those things were not an issue.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2018, 10:54:43 AM »
Comparison of the three witness statements made by Jane Tanner as recorded in the files ... 4 May 2007 ... 10 May 2007 and 08 April 2008 cause me some puzzlement as to the line of interrogation you have adopted here.

In my opinion there is nothing you, with benefit of hindsight, can add to embellish what Jane actually saw and reported at the time in question.  Including her very deep regret that her recollection was not forensically recorded as she would have wished in the immediate aftermath of her sighting when memory was fresh and at its clearest.

Not sure why you are puzzled Brietta. Having been at the spot Tanner was, at the time and roughly the same date as Tanner described, when observed at the distance she describes light colours could not be discerned accurately and dark colours simply looked dark. Further patterns, especially the small scale ones seen on Madeleine’s pjs, would have been impossible to see.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2018, 11:13:43 AM »
Not sure why you are puzzled Brietta. Having been at the spot Tanner was, at the time and roughly the same date as Tanner described, when observed at the distance she describes light colours could not be discerned accurately and dark colours simply looked dark. Further patterns, especially the small scale ones seen on Madeleine’s pjs, would have been impossible to see.

Actually in retrospect, "puzzled" was probably not quite the word I should have used in the circumstances as it fails to reflect with any precision my thoughts on the matter.

However ... unless you can give an indication of how your analysis of Jane's sighting has any bearing on the topic "Should Operation Grange be wound up as SY face defeat?" consider the discussion closed.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2018, 11:14:05 AM »
Back on topic please.
                              'Should Operation Grange be wound up as SY face defeat?'   Thank you.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2018, 11:32:26 AM »
Actually in retrospect, "puzzled" was probably not quite the word I should have used in the circumstances as it fails to reflect with any precision my thoughts on the matter.

However ... unless you can give an indication of how your analysis of Jane's sighting has any bearing on the topic "Should Operation Grange be wound up as SY face defeat?" consider the discussion closed.

Can I suggest that if you would like to stop an off topic debate taking place you stop taking part in the debate yourself ?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2018, 12:30:34 PM »

What distance were you estimating?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2018, 12:31:45 PM »
Editorial note to all contributors.  Do not refer to 'the abduction' as if it were an established known fact.  The correct terminology is 'alleged abductor'.  Moderators will edit any posts which contain the incorrect reference.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2018, 12:37:27 PM »

I agree.  The distance involved and the fact that it was at night and the man was walking away from Tanner meant that colours would not have been discernible under amber streetlight conditions.  I personally think she put two and two together and came up with seven. 

As for the thread theme I think OG has passed its sellby date and should be compelled to make public everything they have learned over the last two years.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:39:30 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!