Author Topic: Aside from Matt, she does not remember if anyone else got up from the table.  (Read 655 times)

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • Help to solve the Madeleine McCann case
Did you see Russell Leave the table? At what time? How long was he away? What did he say when he returned?

How well did the other Tapas 7 answer these questions?
David Payne  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAVID-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm:

"... Err again I was aware that err you know that other people were leaving the table, err I know that err the, err between Russell and Jane they were leaving the table err to look after Evie.
It transpired that at some stage she'd been unwell and err Evie, sorry then Russ, so Russell was basically, was missing the part of the main course and then Jane went you know and ate hers and then disappeared off to take over so we all you know I think made the same joke that Jane said oh I've gone to relieve you know Russell and you know that's, and then you know I remember the other people that night you know again it's in part of the things that we discussed after but you know I was sort of aware as well that there was, rather than all just checking on their own they were just cross-checking as well but still you know very err frequently. Err and then you know it got to obviously when Kate, Kate left, I hadn't realised that she'd, you know, left the table again just busy chatting, then Kate came back just after ten o' clock, you know absolutely distraught err you know just, you know her face I'll never forget."
So David doesn't really cover those specific questions either.

What are you doing to find Madeleine?
https://www.youcaring.com/madeleinemccann-1080869

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
Did you see Russell Leave the table? At what time? How long was he away? What did he say when he returned?

Now we'll see how Fiona Payne gets on.  Fiona Payne http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

"Reply
 'Erm, after Jane, I think the next, the next people to leave were Matt and Russell together, erm, and that, again, I would assume is around the sort half nine mark, erm, just to fit in with the way they were checking the children. Erm, tut, and Matt, I do remember Matt coming back and saying well, you know, that 'Evie had been sick so Russell was staying with her', erm, and had told Jane, you know, 'If you can kind of eat up and then go back and we'll swap'. And I remember Jane wolfing down her main meal that had just arrived, erm, really quickly and then sort of heading back to relieve Russell. Erm, huh, I know everyone else has said this, because there was a lot of joking about Jane relieving Russell (laughs)'.

'I was trying not to giggle then. Are you able to say what sort of, what time that was''

'As I say, I'm guessing, in my mind, it's about half nine, because that would fit in with what they've done every other evening, and I know that was the sort of time it felt like, that half an hour had elapsed and, plus, thinking we'd had our starters and the main meals were arriving, so that was, that all sort of fits in, in my mind, with, with the time. Erm, Russell had ordered a steak, I remember that, that night, because I had ordered a steak and they were really perfectly cooked and his arrived, obviously, and he wasn't there to eat it, erm, so they said they'll keep it warm and I remember thinking well, you know, it'll be really rubbish if you keep it warm. Erm, anyway Jane, as I say, wolfed hers down and headed back and then Russell came back to the table and, erm, and I recall this because I thought how good the service was that they actually came to the table and said 'Oh don't worry', you know, 'we'll cook you another steak', you know, 'the last one would be ruined'. So he sat down and there was a bit of a wait while they did another steak for Russell, erm, and so that must be between sort of quarter to ten and ten, because I remember just before Kate returned to the table having, having gone to check on, erm, on their kids, because that was pretty much when Russell's steak arrived, I remember that being at that point'.

'Sorry, his steak arrived when Kate went to go and check or when Kate came back''

'I remember the steak being here sort of just before Kate came back'."

OK some progress - the steak comes back just before Kate came back'  But the other 2 questions left unanswered.
How long was he away?
What did he say when he returned?

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member

What are the  chances of Dianne Webster being the only one who answers the McCann questions? 
Dianne Webster http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DIANE-WEBSTER-2.htm :

"Now I can’t remember, I know that err Jane err during that time, you see there, I can’t remember it was Jane or Russell when they went back to check on their children, Evie had been err sick, so I think err I think it might, might have been Russell that found her sick and he came back and I think Jane went back then and that might have been, yeah that must have been at the time when err no, I don’t know. I know they had to sort of err relieve each other because Evie had been sick.”

4078    ”Yeah.”
 Reply    ”One of them would stay, or stayed in the apartment while the other one gobbled down their meal and then, so I think Russell, Russell must have gone back and let Jane come and eat her meal because by that time err we’d, we’d ordered our main courses and err Russell had ordered steak and of course he wasn’t at the table when it was ready and he said oh you know (inaudible) to go back, he’ll be back later, once Jane finishes hers err just keep his steak warm err so Jane sort of gobbled down her, her meal and went, went back so that Russell could come and have his dinner and, and this must have been getting on for, I don’t know, maybe ten to ten or something like that. Again I wasn’t looking at the time but just thinking to what happened is that err Russell came back to table and err they’d actually cooked him a fresh steak and he was just starting to tuck into it when err Kate had obviously gone back to check on the children, came running in you know, as far as I can recollect she said you know she’s gone, Gerry, Madeleine’s gone, screaming you know.”"

"4078    ”Can you remember what conversation was going on in the time before Kate discovered Madeleine missing?”

Reply    ”Well again now, because err you know when you’ve got a group of nine people you’re not all talking…”

4078    ”No.”

Reply    ”In the middle of the table, you know, I would be, I was probably talking to Russell when he came back you know and talking about the fact he’d got a new steak, he didn’t get a warmed up one. Err no I can’t remember any conversation, I mean obviously one of the jokes err probably was the fact of err Russell rescuing Matt, being able to steer the boat to pick him up out the water, you know.”

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
When you compare the importance to the McCanns to have their questions asked and in the end no one specifically answers any part of the 4 questions direct, some (2) answer parts indirectly in an around about fashion.

The police directing the questions to the 7 witnesses don't make a strong effort to get these questions answered.  Maybe they couldn't see the relevance of the questions. 
It is difficult to say the questions were deliberately avoided, even though in my suspicions I think this is the case.

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
Using the statements of the two people who nearly answered one of the McCann questions ("Did you see Russell Leave the table? At what time? How long was he away? What did he say when he returned?")   They both referred to a conversation involving jokes that day, so we should look to see if the people who heard that conversation behave in an odd way that could in part be attributed to a conversation involving a joke.

There were 7 people interviewed but we can excuse Jane if she was in her apartment, so 6 of the Tapas 7 left to answer the 4 questions so we should expect 24 answers but we only get 2 partial answers.

Of those 6 two were sitting closer to the McCann side of the table (Rachael and Fiona) and might not have overheard what Russell said when he returned, so how does Rachael's behaviour differ from Dianne's? 
In fact the women all react in different ways  that make it rather difficult to see a pattern.

As I recall it:
1. Dianne stayed at the table.
2. Rachael went to her apartment (right next door to the McCanns, spoke with Jane, and Fiona but not Kate)
3. Fiona stays predominantly with Kate.
4.  Jane stays near her apartment, talks with Russell and Matt at first and only with Gerry later.

Did Dianne  talk to Fiona privately? - yes I think they did.
Did David discuss the situation with Fiona or Jane?
I do recall there seemed to be a discussion among the subgroup (David Matt Russell Fiona) regarding calling the police.  You would wonder why that was decided by that group and not Kate and Gerry?

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
It is particularly evident that there are discussions going on which don't involve the McCanns, they are appear to be kept out of the loop.

You expect that from Kate's statement.  Kate is only aware that Matt left, but not the others.  That is weird in itself, and then to ask the police to enquire as to what Russell talked about when he returned, even though they (the McCanns) themselves were at the table but they weren't part of the conversation.

And from my study it appears the Tapas 7 were reluctant to divulge what the conversation was about.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 10:53:54 PM by Robittybob1 »