Author Topic: Have the Knights Templars any connection to the Maddie case?  (Read 4154 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Have the Knights Templars any connection to the Maddie case?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2018, 07:59:49 PM »
Looks like I've got a bit of study ahead of me!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:58:31 PM by Admin »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 10:36:16 PM »
Looks like I've got a bit of study ahead of me!

Don't waste your time with the 20th/21st century pop conspiracy theory crap.
Read this, it is acknowledged as one of the best on the topic despite it being early 19th century.
"The History of the Knights Templars, the Temple Church, and the Temple
by Charles G. Addison"
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:58:33 PM by Admin »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline sadie

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 11:55:49 PM »
Don't waste your time with the 20th/21st century pop conspiracy theory crap.
Read this, it is acknowledged as one of the best on the topic despite it being early 19th century.
"The History of the Knights Templars, the Temple Church, and the Temple
by Charles G. Addison"

That gets very mixed reviews.  Do you speak latin Rob?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 03:12:31 PM »
I haven't read it, so I don't know if it's yet another of his occasional-fact-inspired books or not. His book about Joana was apparently a "novel", but some have quoted extracts as if everything in it were true... Ditto for the one about Madeleine at the time.

Both of those had a few half-truths wrapped up in the fictional narrative.

So they are novels, no inverted commas needed.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:58:40 PM by Admin »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 03:36:06 PM »

As do most books.
Here's a starter:
The Eclectic Review, Volume 12; Volume 76

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=rcJKAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA189&lpg=PA189&dq=reviews+of+%22The+History+of+the+Knights+Templars,+the+Temple+Church,+and+the+Temple+by+Charles+G.+Addison%22&source=bl&ots=fxOV8Ott7z&sig=Wb5cTD_UzYkn6disjdZbJR-Uyrw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHrsHR_L7aAhVBIcAKHYEHBU4Q6AEITDAH#v=onepage&q=reviews%20of%20%22The%20History%20of%20the%20Knights%20Templars%2C%20the%20Temple%20Church%2C%20and%20the%20Temple%20by%20Charles%20G.%20Addison%22&f=false

Lulu!
http://www.lulu.com/gb/en/shop/charles-g-addison/the-history-of-the-knights-templars-the-temple-church-and-the-temple/ebook/product-20648607.html
In this straighforward history of the Knights Templars, Charles Addison details the rise of the Templars to become the first powerful, multinational economic force. In the process of being entrusted by the Church and States of Europe to be the spearhead of the crusades, The Templars gained immense wealth and influence, even though individual Templars took a vow of poverty. Jerusalem was won and lost several times by the crusaders during the 12th and 13th centuries, and Addison recounts eye witness accounts from both the Crusaders and their Moslem opponents, to give a well rounded picture of those turbulent times. After the loss of the Holy Land, the Templars quickly declined. Accused of heresy and bizarre secret rituals, the Templars were ultimately deemed enemies of the Church, and burned at the stake. Modern popular myths continue the tale of the Templars, as the foundation of many of the secret societies today.
The Athenæum
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=fEQxAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA31&lpg=PA31&dq=reviews+of+%22The+History+of+the+Knights+Templars,+the+Temple+Church,+and+the+Temple+by+Charles+G.+Addison%22&source=bl&ots=Ve5trJM_Zc&sig=A2crSw29MCReJ-WWZcdzC_7Jw3o&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjA5a-a_77aAhUnBcAKHSu-Ah44ChDoAQgzMAM#v=onepage&q=reviews%20of%20%22The%20History%20of%20the%20Knights%20Templars%2C%20the%20Temple%20Church%2C%20and%20the%20Temple%20by%20Charles%20G.%20Addison%22&f=false

The plus with Addison's book is that he leaves the reader to draw conclusions.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:58:51 PM by Admin »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 09:08:47 PM »
No I don't.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 12:10:59 AM »
This "novel" is intriguing...

September 2008.

A respectable PJ inspector by day yet a serial killer with a hidden past of robbery, violence, murders, and corruption by night.

https://www.bertrand.pt/livro/uns-feios-outros-porcos-todos-maus-paulo-pereira-cristovao/219930

That has a familiar ring to it.
Hollywood has done it in one guise or another several times in my life time.

http://www.ktemplar.herts.sch.uk/A-Brief-History-of-The-Knights-Templar-School/

When I were a boy it were Baldock Secondary Modern. Then that nice Mr Crosland invented Incomprehensibles when B.S.M (?!) became one[an Incomprehensible that is] and changed its name to The Knights Templar School insidious lot that they are training young KTs on the QT like no one would notice; the KTs were the founders of Baldock so I guess they had a legit interest. In that area The Urban Saints [formerly The Crusaders of whom I was one] were "big" too, not to forget Jack O'Legs who was even bigger and had his own caff on the old Great North Road atop his very own hill just south of Baldock [which used to boast 22 pubs].
I am sure there is a link to The Maddie Case amongst that lot somewhere....... *%87
I'd put money on a descendant of Jack rather than the KTs though [local knowledge and all that]
Best not bad mouth the KTs in North Herts. When we were youths we tried to fill Jack's Well with the remains of those who had... ?>)()<

Offline sadie

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 12:52:02 AM »
No I don't.
Nor me.  The book has latin bits in it and from reports, it sounds heavy reading.

But, if you are interested, there are lots of reports about The Templars and the Knights of Malta and St John on the internet.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2018, 07:48:07 AM »
Which Knights Templar did the OP have in mind?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2018, 08:45:06 AM »
Which Knights Templar did the OP have in mind?

Whichever, surely it's just myth and rumour? Where's the evidence?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 08:47:53 AM »
Whichever, surely it's just myth and rumour? Where's the evidence?

None just more chaff. IMO
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline sadie

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 03:50:10 PM »
That has a familiar ring to it.
Hollywood has done it in one guise or another several times in my life time.

http://www.ktemplar.herts.sch.uk/A-Brief-History-of-The-Knights-Templar-School/

When I were a boy it were Baldock Secondary Modern. Then that nice Mr Crosland invented Incomprehensibles when B.S.M (?!) became one[an Incomprehensible that is] and changed its name to The Knights Templar School insidious lot that they are training young KTs on the QT like no one would notice; the KTs were the founders of Baldock so I guess they had a legit interest. In that area The Urban Saints [formerly The Crusaders of whom I was one] were "big" too, not to forget Jack O'Legs who was even bigger and had his own caff on the old Great North Road atop his very own hill just south of Baldock [which used to boast 22 pubs].
I am sure there is a link to The Maddie Case amongst that lot somewhere....... *%87
I'd put money on a descendant of Jack rather than the KTs though [local knowledge and all that]
Best not bad mouth the KTs in North Herts. When we were youths we tried to fill Jack's Well with the remains of those who had... ?>)()<
Does that mean you are from a Knights Templar bloodline?

Let me guess, are you also from a Knights of Malta background, or one of its off shoots?

No opinions, just asking questions

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 07:55:11 PM »
Does that mean you are from a Knights Templar bloodline?

Let me guess, are you also from a Knights of Malta background, or one of its off shoots?

No opinions, just asking questions

No! my ancestry lies in Skåne County the southernmost bit of Sweden.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2018, 12:01:53 PM »
No! my ancestry lies in Skåne County the southernmost bit of Sweden.

It is a real coincidence that you are on this forum and you are a templar  man, this could be circumstantial but...... hahahahaha  ok asking out right.. ALICE as an evil Templar gang member and being on this thread was it you what dun it? I conclude

alice= templar= amaral= portugual= MBM disappearing... ^*&&

Its all making sense now... (&^& (&^& (&^& (&^&
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2018, 05:06:53 PM »
Snip
Just as the first two kings of Jerusalem were "greatly obligated" to the Order of Sion for their positions, so prince Afonso was said to be "greatly obligated to members of the Order [of the Knights Templar]." This relationship became all too clear in 1129 when the king-in-waiting reissued the charter for the castle of Souré, -- the one his father had donated to the Templars before they were thought to exist. Afonso's wording on the reconstituted charter to the Knights Templar unequivocally reveals why he was so "greatly obligated" to the order: "I make this donation, not by force or by persuasion, but for the love of God, and for the good of my soul, and of my parents, and by the cordial love that I have for you, and because within your Brotherhood and in all your works I am a Brother."

The Templars had placed one of their own on the throne of Portugal, and more to the point, Afonso was also the nephew of their main benefactor and spiritual compass, Bernard de Clairvaux.
http://www.viewzone.com/templar/templar.html

It would appear that the Templars were in with the bricks ... hung around for centuries ... and still provide an attraction for social climbers in modern day Portugal.

One wonders exactly what influence they are still seen to hold and how it is exercised.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....