Yes
4 (21.1%)
No
7 (36.8%)
Yes - but with admin/mod supervision
8 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: November 15, 2012, 02:47:36 PM

Author Topic: Poll - Guest posting?  (Read 10135 times)

Offline puglove

Re: Guest posting?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 10:58:43 PM »
If we let guests post here again, we will have Preec etc, coming here and posting her usual vitriol against all and sundry, and those who dont hero worship a child killer, i vote NO.

I have voted NO for the exact same reason.

AA, we dont need guests, if people want to post here, they should register.

You're absolutely right, Andy, if someone wants to make a point on here, they should join as a member. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't be here all hours, deleting libel and filth, which is all we'll get if we reintroduce guest posting.

A very valid point Shona, most members just don't realise how many repetitive posts SH and her pals have made which had to be deleted.   I am sure you will back me up when I say that Hall posted the same vile abuse some twenty times in succession one night in an attempt to disrupt while Craige is also renowned for posting repetitive crap across the boards if given the chance.

Those two individuals proclaim that they are seeking justice for a miscarriage yet that is the way they conduct themselves on a public forum.  I believe both of them should be banned for life from using the internet.

There is a way to allow it but with admin/mod supervision but it would have to be tightly controlled, worth a trial at least I would have thought.  I have added another option to the poll if that helps.

I can't see how it would ever work, John. You know as well as I do that two certain individuals are gagging for us to revert to guest posting, so that they can use this forum as their own, personal playground. They both have their own sites. They have a voice. Members on here will leave in droves if that poisonous nonsense starts up again.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Andrea

Re: Poll - Guest posting?
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 11:01:08 PM »
Totally agree........

What has happened to Joanne?

Where is Joanne?

Constructive criticism of those on the blue forum will continue and to that end I would hope to see guest posting brought back at the earliest opportunity.

Then I'm no longer willing to be part of this on both counts. I've had enough, I think it's no longer practical to be a member of both forums and I'd prefer to be on the blue forum.

Joanne prefers to be on the blue forum so no surprises there.   We wish her well, she'll need it.

That's a shame. Andy manages to be on both.

Has Jo been banned then?

Offline puglove

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 11:01:42 PM »
If we let guests post here again, we will have Preec etc, coming here and posting her usual vitriol against all and sundry, and those who dont hero worship a child killer, i vote NO.

You're absolutely right, Andy, if someone wants to make a point on here, they should join as a member. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't be here all hours, deleting libel and filth, which is all we'll get if we reintroduce guest posting.

Well said, Shona, couldnt agree more!

Hallo, sugartits. You've got a mushy pea on your chin.

Offline puglove

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 11:02:30 PM »
Totally agree........

What has happened to Joanne?

Where is Joanne?

Constructive criticism of those on the blue forum will continue and to that end I would hope to see guest posting brought back at the earliest opportunity.

Then I'm no longer willing to be part of this on both counts. I've had enough, I think it's no longer practical to be a member of both forums and I'd prefer to be on the blue forum.

Joanne prefers to be on the blue forum so no surprises there.   We wish her well, she'll need it.

That's a shame. Andy manages to be on both.

Has Jo been banned then?

Has she? Why?

Offline Andrea

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 11:04:35 PM »

Well said, Shona, couldnt agree more!

Hallo, sugartits. You've got a mushy pea on your chin.

FFs, give me a min while Scarlet gets rid!

Offline John

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 12:50:13 AM »

I can't see how it would ever work, John. You know as well as I do that two certain individuals are gagging for us to revert to guest posting, so that they can use this forum as their own, personal playground. They both have their own sites. They have a voice. Members on here will leave in droves if that poisonous nonsense starts up again.

Lets be clear, I have no wish to have to have to delete their poisonous rubbish any more than you do but are we to let those two maggots dictate to us how we run our forum?

If there is a way to stop such posts I will find it.  We have already blocked about fifty proxy IP's so the problem for them is always to find a new one and they are not endless.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 12:53:51 AM »

Has Jo been banned then?

In a word NO.  Joanne may have made a rash decision but there is no point in me or anyone else compounding it by barring the door.  Lets just say the door is always open to sensible people.

I hope she will reconsider when she has time to think about it.  Her input was always so valuable.

This was touched on earlier so I will repeat it.  Joanne came into the forum only relatively recently and so has not experienced the victimisation and shear abuse which many of us have from the blue forum when we were there. We therefore look at the forum from a different perspective than she does.  Only through time will new members realise just what it is all about and some may have to learn it the hard way just as we did.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 01:03:00 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline goatboy

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 11:03:37 AM »
To be honest I don't think I've ever been on a forum where you didn't have to register to post. Registering to join a forum is hardly complicated and it's hardly selling your soul or compromising yourself in any way! If you want to comment on a forum that badly just register! It's no big deal. Plus most of the guests are trolls anyway. Anyone genuine will register and not mind doing so.

Offline abs

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 12:38:23 PM »
Wow - Joanne really left? Too bad, she is a nice person.

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 02:31:24 PM »
Wow - Joanne really left? Too bad, she is a nice person.
I liked joanne but she wasn't able to handle the abuse thrown at her from the two hermits.   Such a pity she decided to leave but this happens all the time.     Just hope she returns some time if only to say hello.   8@??)(
Most people suspect the truth but few are able to admit it.

Offline Sandy

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 03:55:50 PM »
I vote for having a go but unders strict controls as what you have said.   8((()*/ 8((()*/    We cant let these lunatics take over by bowing down to their threats and activities at least that is the way I see it.  Lets have a go again and get back to good old debating for heavens sake peeps.   8((()*/

Please tell me if I am wrong   >@@(*&)

Offline puglove

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 05:16:21 PM »
I vote for having a go but unders strict controls as what you have said.   8((()*/ 8((()*/    We cant let these lunatics take over by bowing down to their threats and activities at least that is the way I see it.  Lets have a go again and get back to good old debating for heavens sake peeps.   8((()*/

Please tell me if I am wrong   >@@(*&)

As long as we don't get endless posts about someone's ar$e.   8(8-))

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 12:22:28 AM »
Not fussed either way but all mods should have the power to ban trolls or we will be dealing with Preece type weirdos every time John is away from the forum.

Offline Admin

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 11:52:16 AM »
A reminder to anyone who hasn't yet voted in the two polls that they finish tomorrow.  You can also change your vote at any time.   ?>)()<

Poll - Guest posting

Poll - Should we continue the truce?

Offline Andrea

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »
We have guests posting again?