Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464967 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #6105 on: September 09, 2019, 06:23:33 PM »
If this were true, then how good a look could she have got of Tannerman, who must have been more than 15 yards away ?

Well if you consider there was a lamppost opposite 5A and another at the top of the t-junction which Dr T was walking towards it was reasonably well lit.  Her description given on 4th May was not particularly detailed:

( * ) Dark skinned individual, male sex, aged between 35-40, slim physical appearance, about 1.70m tall. Very dark, thick hair, longer at the back (she could only see him from behind). He was wearing linen type cloth trousers, beige to golden in colour, a "duffy" sic type jacket (but not that thick). His shoes were dark in colour, classic type. He had a hurried walk. He was carrying a child, who was lying on both his arms, in front of his chest. By the way he was dressed, he gave her the impression that he was not a tourist, because he was very "warmly dressed".

(**) About the child whom appeared to be sleeping, she only saw her legs. The child appeared to be older than a baby. She was barefoot and was wearing what appeared to be cotton pyjamas of a light colour (possibly white or light pink). She is not certain, but has the impression a design on the pyjamas, possibly a floral pattern, but she is not certain.

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #6106 on: September 09, 2019, 06:29:02 PM »
I'm glad you said that, for I couldn't see where the lam post in question was when I downloaded your link, but didn't wish to appear awkward by saying  so.

On the map I downloaded I can see the lamppost on the t-junction which according to JT Dr T was walking towards but I couldn't see the lamppost opposite 5A depicted on Myster's map. 

You don't appear to me to be the awkward type jassi.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline misty

« Reply #6107 on: September 09, 2019, 07:00:36 PM »
On the map I downloaded I can see the lamppost on the t-junction which according to JT Dr T was walking towards but I couldn't see the lamppost opposite 5A depicted on Myster's map. 

You don't appear to me to be the awkward type jassi.

You can see it on this photo.
https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/fl/4926901275_7deb6e7074_z.jpg

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #6108 on: September 11, 2019, 09:18:56 AM »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6109 on: September 17, 2019, 08:09:24 AM »
Wow!

Woman who was lost by her family aged four when her father fell asleep on a train in Belarus is reunited with her parents TWENTY YEARS later after new boyfriend Googled 'train girl'
We're sorry, this video cannot be played from your current location.

Video provided by Nine News
A woman whose father lost her on a train as a four-year-old has been reunited with her parents two decades later.

Yulia Gorina, 24, was raised by adoptive parents after she mysteriously managed to cross from Belarus into Russia, and her real family could not be traced.

Twenty years later she found her parents after her new boyfriend Ilya Kryukov, 31, did a simple internet search.

Heartwarming pictures show Yulia after she was reunited with her mother and the father who lost her when he dozed off to sleep on a 60-mile train journey from Minsk to Asipovichy.

a group of people posing for the camera: Yulia pictured with father Viktor, mother Lyudmila, and boyfriend Ilya Kryukov © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Yulia pictured with father Viktor, mother Lyudmila, and…
A DNA test has now proved that she is the daughter of Viktor and Lyudmila Moiseenko - and her father has 'begged her forgiveness' for losing her.

Her parents now in their late 50s searched frantically for their lost child at the time, as did local police, but ended up under suspicion of killing the girl.

As recently as 2017 when police reopened the case, they underwent lie detector tests which they both passed.

It remains unclear how Yulia got from Asipovichy to Ryazan, except she has a memory of a train journey.

A couple - who possibly kidnapped the lost girl - was believed to have been involved. 'I do believe it's all true now,' said Yulia after finding and hugging her real parents.

'It was proved by a DNA test, but it was clear even before, we are so much alike, as soon as we saw the photographs of each other.

'Nobody had any doubts – we are one family.

a couple of people posing for the camera: Her parents now in their late 50s searched frantically for their lost child at the time, as did local police, but ended up under suspicion of killing the girl. Yulia pictured with boyfriend Ilya Kryukov, 31 © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Her parents now in their late 50s searched frantically for their lost child at the time, as did local police, but ended up under suspicion of killing the girl. Yulia… 'I found not only my mother and father in Belarus, but also brother Dmitry and elder sister Nadezhda (Nadya).'

Yulia still lives in Ryazan where she was found on a railway siding in 1999. It is some 550 miles from Asipovichy where she was lost.

Her real mother Lyudmila said: 'Twenty years is like a whole life, but we never lost hope, we believed – and so we found each other.'

The reunion was in a police station in Marjina Horka settlement. 'We were all in tears,' said Yulia.

'We could not even talk, we only cried and hugged each other.

'My parents have told me that they were searching for me for a long time, that they believed they would find me one day.

'My mother could not stop hugging me, she made me sit on her lap as if I was a little girl.

'We were chatting till 3 am, and then Ilya and I had to go back to Russia – my daughter was waiting for me.'

Before leaving she walked with her father around the station where the train ended its journey in 1999.

'Father begged me to forgive him for what happened,' she said.

'Of course I do.

'We were at the station where I went missing, we all walked around it, in floods of tears.'

a close up of text on a white background: Yulia's identity. Yulia says now: 'I was always searching for my family, checking internet, trying to browse…but I found nothing' © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Yulia's identity. Yulia says now: 'I was always searching for… There were three weeks between Yulia being lost and her discovery by a policeman in Ryazan on 21 October 1999.

She recalled as a child how she was travelling with a man and woman who were hiding from police.

'We slept in some abandoned houses,' she said.

'I do not remember all this now.

'I was told I did speak with a Belarus accent, using local words for vegetables like potatoes and onions but I do not know why Russian policemen did not pay any attention to it when they were searching for my family.'

The police sent her to an orphanage and after a fruitless search in Russia for her family, she was given up for adoption by March the following year to Irina and Oleg who had two sons and wanted a daughter.

Yulia says now: 'I was always searching for my family, checking internet, trying to browse…but I found nothing.'

She told Ilya about her story - and miraculously he found details of a girl lost in Belarus shortly before Yulia was found in Russia.

'I began to read and realised that so many facts were the same, so my tears were running,' she said.

'When I was found, they put 1 October as my birthday in the documents – it was the day when I was lost.'

a close up of a womans face with her hand to her face: Yulia pictured with daughter Kristina. There were three weeks between Yulia being lost and her discovery by a policeman in Ryazan on 21 October 1999 © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Yulia pictured with daughter Kristina. There were three…
After several false starts they made contact via police in Pukhovichesky.

She tried to contact her father on social media - but he didn't reply. She didn't know this was because he didn't know how to text.

'Why didn't I call them? I knew that by then police told them about me but I was still so deeply worried about the first chat. For me and for them it was nerve-wracking.

a woman standing in front of a tree: Nothing is known about the couple who presumably took her to Russia rather than report her to local police © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Nothing is known about the couple who presumably took… 'So I messaged Dad and sat down waiting for his reply. Minutes turned to hours but he stayed quiet.

'I was dying from worry that he wasn't replying, but later I learned that he simply didn't know how to text.'

Then a woman called saying: 'Hello, my name is Nadya.

'I am your big sister and I am so happy that we found you.'

Yulia said: 'Then she passed the phone to Mum, who burst into tears straight away.

'She asked me to say the biggest possible thank you to my foster parents for taking care of me during all these years.

'We are now constantly in touch with my big sister, we are messaging each other and sending pictures.'

a group of people posing for the camera: Yulia (centre) with her mother Lyudmila (right) and another female relative (left) © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Yulia (centre) with her mother Lyudmila (right) and another… She said; 'I knew that they were desperate to hear me calling them 'mama' and 'papa', who wouldn't want it.

'I am a mother myself, and I can feel completely what heartbreak they went through. I wouldn't wish this to anyone.'

Yulia said a catastrophic combination of coincidences led to her not being found.

'They were looking for me in Belarus and didn't think that I might have been in Russia.

'In Russia they didn't think that I could have been from Belarus.'

She crossed a border where at the time passports were not required.

'It's a great pity that people who found me and were walking me around before I was taken into foster care didn't report their find to police,' she said.

'I've no clue how I got to Ryazan, I simply can't imagine it. I remember going on a train but all memories are vague.'

a group of people sitting posing for the camera: Yulia with her father (first from left), eldest sister Nadezhda (first from right), and Nadezhda's daughters © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Yulia with her father (first from left), eldest sister…
Nothing is known about the couple who presumably took her to Russia rather than report her to local police.

Lyudmila told how she and Viktor had hunted for their missing daughter.

'For days we were searching ourselves, taking every train from Minsk to Asipovichy and back, asking passengers if they had seen Yulia, checking wells, shops, deserted houses, everything.,' she said.

'It was impossibly painful to live all these years with the heartache of not knowing what happened to our daughter. It was beyond awful.'

They eventually moved house.

'We couldn't stay in the house where just days ago she was laughing and playing.

'We couldn't walk the same roads and hated to be anywhere near the railway. We both hate seeing trains.

'In the end we moved the house because staying there in the same place by that railway.

'Two years after she went missing we left to another area where there are no trains and no stations.'

A report in 2017 quoted Lyudmila saying: 'We were asked to go through a lie detector test to avoid any suspicions.

'We did so. I am waiting for Yulia, she is now 22 years old, I believe that she is alive and that we will see her again.'
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #6110 on: September 17, 2019, 06:59:22 PM »
Wow!

Woman who was lost by her family aged four when her father fell asleep on a train in Belarus is reunited with her parents TWENTY YEARS later after new boyfriend Googled 'train girl'
We're sorry, this video cannot be played from your current location.

Video provided by Nine News
A woman whose father lost her on a train as a four-year-old has been reunited with her parents two decades later.

Yulia Gorina, 24, was raised by adoptive parents after she mysteriously managed to cross from Belarus into Russia, and her real family could not be traced.

Twenty years later she found her parents after her new boyfriend Ilya Kryukov, 31, did a simple internet search.

Heartwarming pictures show Yulia after she was reunited with her mother and the father who lost her when he dozed off to sleep on a 60-mile train journey from Minsk to Asipovichy.

a group of people posing for the camera: Yulia pictured with father Viktor, mother Lyudmila, and boyfriend Ilya Kryukov © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Yulia pictured with father Viktor, mother Lyudmila, and…
A DNA test has now proved that she is the daughter of Viktor and Lyudmila Moiseenko - and her father has 'begged her forgiveness' for losing her.

Her parents now in their late 50s searched frantically for their lost child at the time, as did local police, but ended up under suspicion of killing the girl.

As recently as 2017 when police reopened the case, they underwent lie detector tests which they both passed.

It remains unclear how Yulia got from Asipovichy to Ryazan, except she has a memory of a train journey.

A couple - who possibly kidnapped the lost girl - was believed to have been involved. 'I do believe it's all true now,' said Yulia after finding and hugging her real parents.

'It was proved by a DNA test, but it was clear even before, we are so much alike, as soon as we saw the photographs of each other.

'Nobody had any doubts – we are one family.

a couple of people posing for the camera: Her parents now in their late 50s searched frantically for their lost child at the time, as did local police, but ended up under suspicion of killing the girl. Yulia pictured with boyfriend Ilya Kryukov, 31 © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Her parents now in their late 50s searched frantically for their lost child at the time, as did local police, but ended up under suspicion of killing the girl. Yulia… 'I found not only my mother and father in Belarus, but also brother Dmitry and elder sister Nadezhda (Nadya).'

Yulia still lives in Ryazan where she was found on a railway siding in 1999. It is some 550 miles from Asipovichy where she was lost.

Her real mother Lyudmila said: 'Twenty years is like a whole life, but we never lost hope, we believed – and so we found each other.'

The reunion was in a police station in Marjina Horka settlement. 'We were all in tears,' said Yulia.

'We could not even talk, we only cried and hugged each other.

'My parents have told me that they were searching for me for a long time, that they believed they would find me one day.

'My mother could not stop hugging me, she made me sit on her lap as if I was a little girl.

'We were chatting till 3 am, and then Ilya and I had to go back to Russia – my daughter was waiting for me.'

Before leaving she walked with her father around the station where the train ended its journey in 1999.

'Father begged me to forgive him for what happened,' she said.

'Of course I do.

'We were at the station where I went missing, we all walked around it, in floods of tears.'

a close up of text on a white background: Yulia's identity. Yulia says now: 'I was always searching for my family, checking internet, trying to browse…but I found nothing' © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Yulia's identity. Yulia says now: 'I was always searching for… There were three weeks between Yulia being lost and her discovery by a policeman in Ryazan on 21 October 1999.

She recalled as a child how she was travelling with a man and woman who were hiding from police.

'I was told I did speak with a Belarus accent, using local words for vegetables like potatoes and onions but I do not know why Russian policemen did not pay any attention to it when they were searching for my family.'

The police sent her to an orphanage and after a fruitless search in Russia for her family, she was given up for adoption by March the following year to Irina and Oleg who had two sons and wanted a daughter.

Yulia says now: 'I was always searching for my family, checking internet, trying to browse…but I found nothing.'

She told Ilya about her story - and miraculously he found details of a girl lost in Belarus shortly before Yulia was found in Russia.

'I began to read and realised that so many facts were the same, so my tears were running,' she said.

'When I was found, they put 1 October as my birthday in the documents – it was the day when I was lost.'

a close up of a womans face with her hand to her face: Yulia pictured with daughter Kristina. There were three weeks between Yulia being lost and her discovery by a policeman in Ryazan on 21 October 1999 © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Yulia pictured with daughter Kristina. There were three…
After several false starts they made contact via police in Pukhovichesky.

She tried to contact her father on social media - but he didn't reply. She didn't know this was because he didn't know how to text.

'Why didn't I call them? I knew that by then police told them about me but I was still so deeply worried about the first chat. For me and for them it was nerve-wracking.

a woman standing in front of a tree: Nothing is known about the couple who presumably took her to Russia rather than report her to local police © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Nothing is known about the couple who presumably took… 'So I messaged Dad and sat down waiting for his reply. Minutes turned to hours but he stayed quiet.

'I was dying from worry that he wasn't replying, but later I learned that he simply didn't know how to text.'

Then a woman called saying: 'Hello, my name is Nadya.

'I am your big sister and I am so happy that we found you.'

Yulia said: 'Then she passed the phone to Mum, who burst into tears straight away.

'She asked me to say the biggest possible thank you to my foster parents for taking care of me during all these years.

'We are now constantly in touch with my big sister, we are messaging each other and sending pictures.'

a group of people posing for the camera: Yulia (centre) with her mother Lyudmila (right) and another female relative (left) © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Yulia (centre) with her mother Lyudmila (right) and another… She said; 'I knew that they were desperate to hear me calling them 'mama' and 'papa', who wouldn't want it.

'I am a mother myself, and I can feel completely what heartbreak they went through. I wouldn't wish this to anyone.'

Yulia said a catastrophic combination of coincidences led to her not being found.

'They were looking for me in Belarus and didn't think that I might have been in Russia.

'In Russia they didn't think that I could have been from Belarus.'

She crossed a border where at the time passports were not required.

'It's a great pity that people who found me and were walking me around before I was taken into foster care didn't report their find to police,' she said.

'I've no clue how I got to Ryazan, I simply can't imagine it. I remember going on a train but all memories are vague.'

a group of people sitting posing for the camera: Yulia with her father (first from left), eldest sister Nadezhda (first from right), and Nadezhda's daughters © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Yulia with her father (first from left), eldest sister…
Nothing is known about the couple who presumably took her to Russia rather than report her to local police.

Lyudmila told how she and Viktor had hunted for their missing daughter.

'For days we were searching ourselves, taking every train from Minsk to Asipovichy and back, asking passengers if they had seen Yulia, checking wells, shops, deserted houses, everything.,' she said.

'It was impossibly painful to live all these years with the heartache of not knowing what happened to our daughter. It was beyond awful.'

They eventually moved house.

'We couldn't stay in the house where just days ago she was laughing and playing.

'We couldn't walk the same roads and hated to be anywhere near the railway. We both hate seeing trains.

'In the end we moved the house because staying there in the same place by that railway.

'Two years after she went missing we left to another area where there are no trains and no stations.'

A report in 2017 quoted Lyudmila saying: 'We were asked to go through a lie detector test to avoid any suspicions.

'We did so. I am waiting for Yulia, she is now 22 years old, I believe that she is alive and that we will see her again.'

This is a beautiful story. very heartwarming.

I am not sure abut this bit though "She recalled as a child how she was travelling with a man and woman who were hiding from police.

The police sent her to an orphanage and after a fruitless search in Russia for her family, she was given up for adoption by March the following year to Irina and Oleg who had two sons and wanted a daughter."

If she was abducted how did she end up with police?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline misty

« Reply #6111 on: September 21, 2019, 10:38:24 PM »
https://www.portugalresident.com/2019/09/13/ana-gomes-says-bring-it-on-as-former-minister-presses-forwards-with-case-for-defamation/

Former Euro MP and ‘anti-corruption firebrand’ Ana Gomes has been heard this week as an ‘arguida’ (official suspect) in a case for corruption brought out against her by former defence minister José Pedro Aguiar-Branco.

This has been a long drawn-out affair: Gomes infuriated Aguiar-Branco years ago when she suggested there may have been collusion between his lawyers’ office and the Martifer group that won the contract to take over Viana do Castelo’s formerly State-owned shipyards.

Aguiar-Branco wanted to sue her for defamation there and then, but was thwarted by the fact that she enjoyed parliamentary immunity.

Now that Gomes is no longer a Euro MP, her immunity has gone.

Aguiar-Branco – the minister who signed the Martifer deal – asked for his case against her to be ‘resurrected’ practically the day Gomes left the European Parliament, say reports.

But certainly Gomes is unruffled.

Frequently threatened with legal action over statements she has made (click here) and (click here), she told journalists that she will wait now to see what happens “calmly and very amused” – particularly as she not only stands behind every word she said back in 2013, but has added further ‘elements’ to the picture for DIAP investigators.

Coincidentally, economist João Pedro Martins caused a commotion in the press earlier this year when he too suggested there was “high corruption” in the closure of the Viana do Castelo shipyard (click here).

Public prosecutors were described as following up on his allegations about a “clear intention of mismanagement and then privatisation” on the part of the then PSD government.

In other words, Ana Gomes isn’t the only inconvenient voice on the horizon – though there is no suggestion yet that Aguiar-Branco is suing João Pedro Martins.

The closure of the shipyards was a dark day in Portuguese labour history, and one that saw the local Socialist Mayor stage his own protest in a bid to show the ‘man-in-the-street’ was not convinced that the process had been fully transparent.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be fascinating to watch in relation to the extent & duration of Parliamentary privilege wrt freedom of speech. The person alleging defamation is a former justice minister in Portuguese government & also a lawyer; it appears he believes immunity from prosecution ceased immediately the MEP left office.
Ana Gomes has been in Portuguese news a lot this year & is currently championing the cause of Rui Pinto, the football whistleblower, currently in a Portuguese jail facing 147 charges.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6112 on: September 25, 2019, 01:57:49 PM »
Man arrested in Swindon over disappearance of two-year-old Katrice Lee in 1981
September 25 2019, 12:00pm,
new

Tom Ball | Will Humphries

Specialist teams use ground penetrating radar to search a garden of a house in the Moredon area of Swindon in connection with the disappearance of Katrice Lee
Specialist teams use ground penetrating radar to search a garden of a house in the Moredon area of Swindon in connection with the disappearance of Katrice LeePA
The father of a British toddler who went missing 38 years ago in Germany has said he never gave up hope that she might still be alive as police arrested a man over her disappearance.

Military police announced yesterday that they were questioning a man in connection with the case of Katrice Lee, who vanished from a supermarket on her second birthday near a British military base in Germany in November 1981.

Officers reportedly began searching a terraced house in the Moredon area of Swindon in Wiltshire on Monday and made an arrest at the property the next day.

Katrice Lee, who vanished on her second birthday in 1981
Katrice Lee, who vanished on her second birthday in 1981PA
Katrice’s father, Richard Lee, 69, a retired sergeant major who had been stationed in Germany at the time of his daughter’s disappearance, said that he still believes she may be alive.

“I have never given up hope that she’ll be found,” Mr Lee told The Daily Telegraph. “Sometimes it’s like living with a torture, your mind turns over and over looking for explanations.

“You never stop turning over the possibilities. But it’s the very fact that I can’t let it rest, won’t accept she will never be found — that has kept this investigation alive and led to this most recent development.”

Katrice went missing from a Navy, Army and Air Force Institutes (NAAFI) supermarket in Paderborn, West Germany, while shopping with her mother, Sharon, and aunt Wendy.

Her mother realised in the checkout queue that she had forgotten crisps and asked her sister to watch Katrice. When she returned in what she has estimated was less than a minute, Katrice was gone. Her sister said Katrice had run after her and she believed they were together.

The investigation into the toddler’s disappearance was reopened in 2017 after Royal Military Police chiefs admitted mistakes had been made in the initial search for her.

A year later a forensic search on the bank of the River Alma, near where Katrice went missing, got under way. The river site was identified after the release of an age-progressed photofit of a man seen at the Naafi holding a child similar to Katrice. He was seen in a parked green car on a bridge over the river the day after she went missing.

More than 100 soldiers took part in the five-week search that unearthed bone fragments, but tests confirmed they were non-human.

In April 2018 Katrice’s mother, Sharon, who is no longer married to Mr Lee, told The Sun: “Nearly 37 years ago as a family we became members of an exclusive club that we didn’t ask for membership of. We became parents of a missing daughter. I would dearly love to be able to revoke that membership.

“And although I would like a fairytale ending to our story, I fully appreciate that might not be. But at the end of the day we will have closure, and any emotions that come from that closure we will learn to live with and deal with as we have for the past nearly 37 years.”
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #6113 on: September 25, 2019, 02:10:49 PM »
I assume there is a source for this?

Be interesting to see what develops.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

« Reply #6114 on: September 25, 2019, 02:53:28 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7500449/Arrest-disappearance-British-toddler-Katrice-Lee.html

"There was a dramatic development in the case this week when military police announced they had arrested a man and were searching the garden of a property in Swindon - 500 miles away from where Katrice went missing.

But the Army announced today that the former serviceman has now been released without charge."
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #6115 on: September 26, 2019, 02:17:01 AM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7500449/Arrest-disappearance-British-toddler-Katrice-Lee.html

"There was a dramatic development in the case this week when military police announced they had arrested a man and were searching the garden of a property in Swindon - 500 miles away from where Katrice went missing.

But the Army announced today that the former serviceman has now been released without charge."
In the UK there is a time limit that the police can detain a person for questioning.   Once the person is released it is possible the suspect will attempt to make a run for it.  I'd imagine the police will be keeping a degree of surveillance on the suspect.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6116 on: September 26, 2019, 11:45:40 AM »
In the UK there is a time limit that the police can detain a person for questioning.   Once the person is released it is possible the suspect will attempt to make a run for it.  I'd imagine the police will be keeping a degree of surveillance on the suspect.

In the UK Military Police cannot arrest civilians imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #6117 on: September 26, 2019, 12:42:08 PM »
In the UK Military Police cannot arrest civilians imo.

Anyone can make a citizens arrest.

oh look here...https://www.quora.com/Can-British-citizens-perform-a-citizens-arrest-on-a-cop

Q Can you citizen arrest a police officer UK?

Any person may arrest without warrant any person who they know to have committed a criminal offence. This means that you have arrested the person and they are your prisoner until you hand over custody of the suspect to a Police Officer. ... Notice the any person may … any person so yes you can arrest a Police Officer.Dec 29, 2017
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6118 on: September 26, 2019, 03:45:01 PM »
Anyone can make a citizens arrest.

oh look here...https://www.quora.com/Can-British-citizens-perform-a-citizens-arrest-on-a-cop

Q Can you citizen arrest a police officer UK?

Any person may arrest without warrant any person who they know to have committed a criminal offence. This means that you have arrested the person and they are your prisoner until you hand over custody of the suspect to a Police Officer. ... Notice the any person may … any person so yes you can arrest a Police Officer.Dec 29, 2017

As the MP's are said to have released the man, the bolded words didn't apply. The only people Military Policepersons have jurisdiction over are military personnel. (and their families in certain conditions)
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #6119 on: September 26, 2019, 03:45:36 PM »
I'm not going to start another dog thread so will just leave this here for posters to view. Someone may wish to spin off specific aspects for discussion. I have SS 3 sections which I feel are of particular relevance to Madeleine's case.
http://eprints.staffs.ac.uk/4750/1/Forensic%20Canine%20Foundation%20.pdf