Alleged Miscarriages of Justice > Luke Mitchell and the murder of his teenage girfriend Jodi Jones on 30 June 2003.

Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views

(1/235) > >>

John:

Mitchell photographed on the day of Jodi's funeral
as he gave an interview to Sky's James Matthews.

I think that I will start this thread off since I am quite an expert on this case now.

Yes, I believe he is guilty in terms of the evidence against him but and there is a big
but for me, he could be innocent and the subject of an awful miscarriage.

Let me say this, if he is innocent, his brother and mother have made a complete pigs
ear of their evidence in court and have not helped Luke one bit by what they said.

There is also a second rider in that Luke gave evidence that he did not see his brother
Shane in the house that afternoon, could it be that maybe Shane was not there?

Kevin Craigie:
Definitely not guilty. The perpetrator was a strong male who was trying to duplicate The Black Dahlia murder. Lynda La Plante published a bestseller based on these murders called The Red Dahlia, which brought Criminology into the fictitious yet thoroughly researched  story. The perpetrator was more than likely local or had a local connection. He knew that secluded area, and the gap in the wall.

John:
So why do you think his brother failed to confirm his alibi if he was at home as he alleges?

Kevin Craigie:
People usually lie to protect their own interests or the interests of others. If Luke Mitchells version is correct then either his brother has made a simple mistake or hiding something. However, if my memory serves me correctly the Brother gave quite a detailed account of what exactly he was doing at that time.

John:

--- Quote from: Kevin Craigie on May 27, 2012, 02:33:59 PM ---People usually lie to protect their own interests or the interests of others. If Luke Mitchells version is correct then either his brother has made a simple mistake or hiding something. However, if my memory serves me correctly the Brother gave quite a detailed account of what exactly he was doing at that time.

--- End quote ---

There is definitely something amiss there and the prosecution took every opportunity to exploit it.  Corinne Mitchell went to great pains on Middleton's forum to explain the events which occurred that afternoon but Shane failed to support any of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version