Author Topic: Migrants are slowly changing the face of our great cities.  (Read 5779 times)

Offline Angelo222

Migrants are slowly changing the face of our great cities.
« on: April 02, 2018, 10:39:59 PM »
In my opinion Brexit is the saviour of this great country. Saved from the hoards of economic migrants which would otherwise have been dumped on us by the EU. 

The political representation of our great cities like London has in a matter of a few decades been transformed into something totally unrecognisable.  Ethnic minorities now control the common vote in most of our cities and that is something which cannot be tolerated any longer.  Enough is enough I say and millions agree with me!

I suggest the UK stops immigration completely and repatriates the illegals.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

Re: Migrants are slowly changing the face of our great cities.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 12:59:47 PM »
I would also like to see a policy whereby those allowed into the country to work are time barred and must return back to where they came from eventually taking all family born here with them.

The time for pussyfooting around has passed, the UK government must take a very strong line towards all immigration and like Australia, only those with approved trades should be allowed in.

Failure to take positive action now will destroy our heritage for ever imho.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Admin

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 01:41:11 PM »
In my opinion Brexit is the saviour of this great country. Saved from the hoards of economic migrants which would otherwise have been dumped on us by the EU. 

The political representation of our great cities like London has in a matter of a few decades been transformed into something totally unrecognisable.  Ethnic minorities now control the common vote in most of our cities and that is something which cannot be tolerated any longer.  Enough is enough I say and millions agree with me!

The majority has indeed made its views known with respect to immigration to the UK so it is up to Theresa May and her government to ensure that new and sufficient safeguards are now put in place to protect British society into the next decade and beyond.

Do you think that immigration from places like the Irish Republic, Canada, New Zealand and Australia should be included in any new arrangements?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 01:43:36 PM by Admin »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 05:54:05 PM »
The majority has indeed made its views known with respect to immigration to the UK so it is up to Theresa May and her government to ensure that new and sufficient safeguards are now put in place to protect British society into the next decade and beyond.

Do you think that immigration from places like the Irish Republic, Canada, New Zealand and Australia should be included in any new arrangements?

I think it is only a matter of time before there are restrictions put on those coming to work in the UK from other Commonwealth countries and Ireland.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 10:57:39 PM »

The country needs economic migrants.  Fact.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 03:52:28 PM »
Brexit was not all about immigration , I think if people voted just for that then they are going to be disappointed , we need immigration to survive! I voted for Brexit but on the basis I don't agree with the free movement of people here from Europe and the unfairness of this club where we were paying in more than others and getting less out.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 06:48:55 PM »
Brexit was not all about immigration , I think if people voted just for that then they are going to be disappointed , we need immigration to survive! I voted for Brexit but on the basis I don't agree with the free movement of people here from Europe and the unfairness of this club where we were paying in more than others and getting less out.

Welcome to the forum IndigoJ.  I would add the caveat that we might need migrant workers to keep the UK on the economic rails but they should not be allowed residency.  Five years and off they go imo.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 08:33:07 PM »
 *&(+(+ for the welcome, ive done a quick intro which is waiting approval

Offline Carana

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 09:28:05 AM »

- Have you actually read "Free movement and migration within the EU and rights to claim benefits – the myths and the facts"?

"There are three recurring myths about EU rules on migration and benefits.

First, it is a myth that EU law gives all EU citizens an unconditional right to reside freely in the UK or another Member State. In reality, this right is subject to important restrictions.

Second, it is a myth that EU law means that EU migrants are automatically entitled to claim benefits in the UK or another Member State. In fact, EU rules require migrants to meet stringent requirements before they can be eligible either for means tested “social assistance” benefits like housing benefit and income support or for social security benefits like child benefit, invalidity benefit or contribution-based Jobseekers’ Allowance.

The third, linked, myth is that EU rules somehow encourage so-called benefit tourism. In fact, the rules are designed to prevent “benefit tourism”."

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/getting-the-facts-straight-eu-rights-to-reside-in-another-member-state-eu-benefit-claimants-and-nhs-treatment-entitlement/

If the UK has had more lenient rules that the rest of the EU, how is the EU to blame?

- I'm not sure what your problem is with people of an ethnic minority, whatever you mean by that. But, for argument's sake, which EU country would you describe as having a majority of "ethnic minorities" citizens that reside in the UK?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:31:06 AM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 09:57:14 AM »

I know a lot of people were taken in by the Leave £350-a-week for the NHS red-bus slogan... but that fact is it's is simply not true.

It IS true that the UK pays more in than it gets back in pure financial terms (I worked it out on a different thread, and came up with £175m a week (I was taking into account discretionary direct grants as well. Other calculations make it more than my figure, but still way off the £350m mark).

However, there appears to be no way of calculating how much the loss of frictionless trade will cost (no one seems to know), but I suspect that it will be one hell of a lot more than £175m a week.

Offline Carana

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 10:30:38 AM »
I would also like to see a policy whereby those allowed into the country to work are time barred and must return back to where they came from eventually taking all family born here with them.

The time for pussyfooting around has passed, the UK government must take a very strong line towards all immigration and like Australia, only those with approved trades should be allowed in.

Conversely, do you think all UK expats (why on earth ARE UK citizens called "expats" as opposed to
"emigrants"?), who've worked and settled in other EU countries, including retirees, be deported back to the UK?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 02:21:52 AM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 10:40:43 AM »

Ireland is a different issue.

Other than that:

List of Commonwealth countries:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_the_Commonwealth_of_Nations

Offline Carana

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2018, 10:43:21 AM »

What do you mean by "our heritage"?

Offline Carana

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2018, 10:47:24 AM »
James O'Brien's Caller Voted Brexit Because There Are "Too Many Brown Faces" In His Hospital
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGlKclTMNSs

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 05:43:14 PM »
James O'Brien's Caller Voted Brexit Because There Are "Too Many Brown Faces" In His Hospital
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGlKclTMNSs

It's all a matter of perpective. Less than 15% of population is of ethnic minority [give or take so lets not debate whether its 12% or 18% it makes no never mind].
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/culturalidentity/ethnicity/articles/ethnicityandnationalidentityinenglandandwales/2012-12-11

Where I live the response now would be blimey as many as that.
Where I lived for the previous 25 years the response would be blimey as few as that.

Looking at comments on another thread about "grooming"; it has been a known problem for nearly 30 years so The Times should not be buffing its lapels, more asking where it has had it's head most of that time.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey