Author Topic: J B Campaign Ltd - Much Ado About Nothing...  (Read 324307 times)

Offline puglove

Re: J B Campaign Ltd - Much Ado About Nothing...
« Reply #360 on: March 24, 2016, 09:31:18 PM »
The annual Easter Blog, with his same old prediction of imminent release, which will never, ever materialise...

http://jeremybamber.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/jeremys-easter-blog-2016.html

He might not get Easter eggs in jail, but I bet someone slips him a fudge finger.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Myster

« Reply #361 on: March 25, 2016, 10:37:02 AM »
A rudimentary Google Streetview slideshow from the start of the Sea Wall footpath to Bourtree Cottage.

Click on the DOWNLOAD NOW button and save the file to your desktop, or some other convenient location...

5/file.html]http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/YYCCE[Name removed]5/file.html

I'm not sure if this will function in other media players as it was made with Irfanview, a simple, safe and free program that I've used for years. If it won't work in yours, you can download Irfanview here...

http://www.irfanview.com/

You will also need to download the optional plug-ins to play the slideshow.

To view, simply click or double-click on the file and it should start automatically (in Irfanview).

You can use the Left and Right arrows on a keyboard to move backwards and forwards in order to overide the automatic slideshow.

IF Jeremy Bamber did use the blue Sea Wall route, he was very lucky not to be seen on the home stretch as Fish Street is only single lane with houses closely packed together, but then again it was probably way past midnight when he passed by. If a footpath to Head Street existed behind the houses on the right-hand side of Fish Street, coming out into the grounds of St Nicholas' Church, he could possibly have used that to conceal himself.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:21:04 PM by Myster »
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #362 on: March 25, 2016, 05:13:06 PM »
A rudimentary Google Streetview slideshow from the start of the Sea Wall footpath to Bourtree Cottage.

Click on the DOWNLOAD NOW button and save the file to your desktop, or some other convenient location...

5/file.html]http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/YYCCE[Name removed]5/file.html

I'm not sure if this will function in other media players as it was made with Irfanview, a simple, safe and free program that I've used for years. If it won't work in yours, you can download Irfanview here...

http://www.irfanview.com/

You will also need to download the optional plug-ins to play the slideshow.

To view, simply click or double-click on the file and it should start automatically (in Irfanview).

You can use the Left and Right arrows on a keyboard to move backwards and forwards in order to overide the automatic slideshow.

IF Jeremy Bamber did use the blue Sea Wall route, he was very lucky not to be seen on the home stretch as Fish Street is only single lane with houses closely packed together, but then again it was probably way past midnight when he passed by. If a footpath to Head Street existed behind the houses on the right-hand side of Fish Street, coming out into the grounds of St Nicholas' Church, he could possibly have used that to conceal himself.

Myster, that's very true. I went down Fish Street last time I was in Goldhanger. MANY of the houses open straight onto the road. It's a moot point about what might be heard late at night with windows open. Halfway down Fish Street is a -newish development- cul de sac which may not have been there 30 years ago. It might have been possible to have accessed it from his back garden in Head Street. From there it's no distance to the public footpath leading down to the sea wall.

His other option would have been to cycle through the churchyard at the end of which there's access to another footpath leading onto the sea wall.

Offline Myster

« Reply #363 on: March 25, 2016, 06:10:17 PM »
Myster, that's very true. I went down Fish Street last time I was in Goldhanger. MANY of the houses open straight onto the road. It's a moot point about what might be heard late at night with windows open. Halfway down Fish Street is a -newish development- cul de sac which may not have been there 30 years ago. It might have been possible to have accessed it from his back garden in Head Street. From there it's no distance to the public footpath leading down to the sea wall.

His other option would have been to cycle through the churchyard at the end of which there's access to another footpath leading onto the sea wall.

The only cul-de-sac off Fish Street (on the Bourtee Cottage side) that I can find is Thistley Close, near to and opposite the beginning of the Sea Wall footpath. But as you say, in '85 there was possibly a way through there or elsewhere to his back garden, which avoided travelling along Fish Street and Head Street altogether.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Myster

« Reply #364 on: March 25, 2016, 06:19:21 PM »
Or again as you said, he could have walked/biked along the rear of the houses on Fish Street and come through the churchyard, but this would also mean travelling exposed down Head Street to his cottage.

EDIT: I was mistaken with the church name, so corrected it from St Nicholas' to St Peter's Church, Goldhanger.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:46:18 AM by Myster »

Offline Myster

« Reply #365 on: March 25, 2016, 06:55:50 PM »
A possible route via Thistley Close (or similar shortcut) to the back garden of Bourtree Cottage by-passing Fish Street and Head Street altogether.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #366 on: March 25, 2016, 06:58:52 PM »
The only cul-de-sac off Fish Street (on the Bourtee Cottage side) that I can find is Thistley Close, near to and opposite the beginning of the Sea Wall footpath. But as you say, in '85 there was possibly a way through there or elsewhere to his back garden, which avoided travelling along Fish Street and Head Street altogether.

I'm very impressed, Myster. The cul de sac I'm referring to, and hopefully the one you mean- is before the foot path that you've shown, not the one further down on the right.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #367 on: March 25, 2016, 07:02:08 PM »
Or again as you said, he could have walked/biked along rear of all the houses on Fish Street and come through the churchyard, but this would also mean travelling exposed down Head Street to his cottage.

It would. Then there was the problem my friends and I experienced with the gate. It had to be lifted or it squeaked and scraped over the stones. I guess he could have lifted the bike over the wall and then climbed over himself.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #368 on: March 25, 2016, 07:04:30 PM »
A possible route via Thistley Close (or similar shortcut) to the back garden of Bourtree Cottage by-passing Fish Street and Head Street altogether.

That would work very well. Think you've nailed it, Myster.

Offline Myster

« Reply #369 on: March 25, 2016, 07:09:09 PM »
I'm very impressed, Myster. The cul de sac I'm referring to, and hopefully the one you mean- is before the foot path that you've shown, not the one further down on the right.

If you look along Fish Street, the only cul-de-sac that I can see is Thistley Close which is almost opposite the Sea Wall footpath sign... unless some older houses have been demolished and a new cds built further up Fish Street on the Bourtree Cottage side since the aerial photo was taken in 2009.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #370 on: March 25, 2016, 07:19:27 PM »
If you look along Fish Street, the only cul-de-sac that I can see is Thistley Close which is almost opposite the Sea Wall footpath sign... unless some older houses have been demolished and a new cds built further up Fish Street on the Bourtree Cottage side since the aerial photo was taken in 2009.

Either that or my spacial awareness isn't brilliant -OK, it ISN'T brilliant. It isn't working, either. The first time I turned right into Fish Street out of The Chequers car park, I had the feeling that it was diagonally opposite the foot path. The houses we quite obviously newer than the delightful character cottages in Fish Street, but they didn't look BRAND new.

Offline Myster

« Reply #371 on: March 25, 2016, 07:20:31 PM »
That would work very well. Think you've nailed it, Myster.

Having said all that... he probably took one of the shorter green or red routes to the North, and risked not being seen on Maldon Road. 8(8-))

Offline Myster

« Reply #372 on: March 25, 2016, 07:27:07 PM »
Either that or my spacial awareness isn't brilliant -OK, it ISN'T brilliant. It isn't working, either. The first time I turned right into Fish Street out of The Chequers car park, I had the feeling that it was diagonally opposite the foot path. The houses we quite obviously newer than the delightful character cottages in Fish Street, but they didn't look BRAND new.

The concrete pantiles on the house roofs in Thistley close are covered in algae, so yes they're not all that recently built, but still younger than the assorted period cottages in Fish Street.  Even if they were extant in 1985, there might have been a way through to the fields by the side of them.

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #373 on: March 25, 2016, 09:32:39 PM »

Even in the day most people don't remember having heard a vehicle let alone will get up to look out the window to see where it is and see if they recognize it.  Sometimes they will look, but most of the time they won't and even if they do look will not likely remember later when it was or any details.

Overnight this is even moreso. Most people sleep right through cars passing by or neighbors leaving/arriving home. Unless someone is honking their horn or otherwise making a commotion few people will wake up then get up and go look.

This is one of the intrinsic benefits in acting overnight.

I would thus not even be worried about using a vehicle to go to and from a crime scene. If someone wants to use something quieter like a bike because they are scared of the slim chance of someone looking out as they leave or return then so be it but such person would not need to be scared about being discovered on the bike. Such person would simply take the most direct route.  If lights are approaching it is easy enough to hide and avoid your face being seen by a potential witness.   
“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline Myster

« Reply #374 on: March 27, 2016, 07:06:38 PM »
Off topic, but does anyone know what these black-painted objects are at the beginning of Head Street? Those on the left look like a pump winding wheel and a water outlet pipe, but are the two on the right side of the road related to them... such as air vents for some underground well to which the pump is connected.