Author Topic: Why didn't Jeremy Bamber dial 999?  (Read 22857 times)

Offline Myster

Re: Why didn't Jeremy Bamber dial 999?
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2018, 12:15:03 PM »
Not forgetting that he'd have been hyper. He may have been bursting with a sense of accomplishment and longing to share it. Actually, Julie's reaction could well go down in history as being one of the greatest ego deflaters of all time. "WOW", "OMG", even stunned silence, would all have validated his achievement. Her disinterested "Go back to bed" was likely to have left him feeling very frustrated.
... "everything will be alright in the morning, sweetheart!".  ?{)(**

... as she slides wearily back into bed, muttering -
"Like hell it will, you've just effing ruined my lovely night's sleep!".  ?8)@)-) 8(8-))
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2018, 02:23:32 PM »
If he had waited until the morning, he couldn't have phoned Julie at 3am. That would blow apart his 'I was alone sleeping all night' alibi.

He says he phoned Julie after Nevill phoned him. Nevill's call would not have happened if he had waited until the morning.

Bamber was so hyped up straight after the massacre, I'm not sure he could have refrained from ringing Julie upon his return.

The permutations of what a 'guilty' JB could have done are numerous.

He could have phoned Len Foakes claiming he received the call from NB and ask him to take a look.

He could have driven to WHF in his car and finding lights on, dogs barking and no NB knock up the Foakes on the basis something was amiss and ask to use their phone to call EP (having left his wallet at home so unable to use the call box down the lane  8(0(*)

Alternatively he could have turned up at WHF in the morning as usual knowing the Foakes would be around and the farmhouse would be locked/bolted from within.  He then looks through kitchen window and sees NB/a body.

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #137 on: July 24, 2018, 02:38:23 PM »
He did lay it thick about discussions the previous night.

I disagree that Bamber was better off leaving the bodies & finding them the following morning. Either way, he didn't.

Bamber can't remember what he said to Julie in that 17 minute conversation. Although he called her.
He did lay it thick about discussions the previous night.

I disagree that Bamber was better off leaving the bodies & finding them the following morning. Either way, he didn't.

Bamber can't remember what he said to Julie in that 17 minute conversation. Although he called her.

He said when he left everyone seemed happy.  Why not say the atmosphere was very tense and he was glad to get away!? EG  "Mum and Dad were telling Sheila she would never have full-time care of the twins again that they would remain with Colin and the only way round it was for Sheila and the twins to move back to Essex where we could all help".  Sheila started shaking and shouting and said she would rather die than live round here".  Mum said she could not understand the appeal of London and Sheila said she didn't want to end up boring like mum.  Mum started crying and unusually for dad he was getting quite short with Sheila.  But I never thought it would end like this..."   
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline APRIL

« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2018, 02:44:42 PM »
The permutations of what a 'guilty' JB could have done are numerous.

He could have phoned Len Foakes claiming he received the call from NB and ask him to take a look.

He could have driven to WHF in his car and finding lights on, dogs barking and no NB knock up the Foakes on the basis something was amiss and ask to use their phone to call EP (having left his wallet at home so unable to use the call box down the lane  8(0(*)

Alternatively he could have turned up at WHF in the morning as usual knowing the Foakes would be around and the farmhouse would be locked/bolted from within.  He then looks through kitchen window and sees NB/a body.

Re those dogs which everyone believes would have barked. Some people I know live behind electronic gates. Last week, whilst the were asleep, a vast bronze horse was stolen from their front garden. There were 5 outside dogs and 3 house dogs. None of them barked..................but the robbery was caught on CCTV.

Anyway, back to what Jeremy COULD have done. Given what he said were his father's "panicked" words, off loading to anyone, other than police, probably wouldn't have been appropriate. Doing what he did, when he did it, not only gave him an alibi, it also put him in the 'higher chair'.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2018, 02:49:51 PM »
He said when he left everyone seemed happy.  Why not say the atmosphere was very tense and he was glad to get away!? EG  "Mum and Dad were telling Sheila she would never have full-time care of the twins again that they would remain with Colin and the only way round it was for Sheila and the twins to move back to Essex where we could all help".  Sheila started shaking and shouting and said she would rather die than live round here".  Mum said she could not understand the appeal of London and Sheila said she didn't want to end up boring like mum.  Mum started crying and unusually for dad he was getting quite short with Sheila.  But I never thought it would end like this..."   

He couldn't afford to over dramatize it. Remember his laissez faire attitude to calling 999. If he'd painted too black a picture of the scene he'd left, questions may have been asked about his delay in calling them.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2018, 02:53:40 PM »
Re those dogs which everyone believes would have barked. Some people I know live behind electronic gates. Last week, whilst the were asleep, a vast bronze horse was stolen from their front garden. There were 5 outside dogs and 3 house dogs. None of them barked..................but the robbery was caught on CCTV.

Anyway, back to what Jeremy COULD have done. Given what he said were his father's "panicked" words, off loading to anyone, other than police, probably wouldn't have been appropriate. Doing what he did, when he did it, not only gave him an alibi, it also put him in the 'higher chair'.

But the dogs were barking when JB/EP turned up. 

JB would know whether or not the dogs barked when visitors arrived.  JB said to EP I can't understand dad not coming out given the dogs are barking. 

But what happened didn't give him an alibi.  Had it done he would not have spent the last 32/33 years in prison.

He knew the farmhouse was locked/bolted from within whether innocent or guilty

Offline APRIL

« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2018, 02:58:01 PM »
But the dogs were barking when JB/EP turned up. 

JB would know whether or not the dogs barked when visitors arrived.  JB said to EP I can't understand dad not coming out given the dogs are barking. 

But what happened didn't give him an alibi.  Had it done he would not have spent the last 32/33 years in prison.

He knew the farmhouse was locked/bolted from within whether innocent or guilty

We know, NOW, that it didn't give him an alibi, however, but for the fact that someone decided to go a bit deeper that the surface, he'd have been home and dry.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2018, 03:08:11 PM »
He couldn't afford to over dramatize it. Remember his laissez faire attitude to calling 999. If he'd painted too black a picture of the scene he'd left, questions may have been asked about his delay in calling them.

His lack of dramatisation is consistent with his laissez faire attitude to calling EP and not calling the emergency number ie when he left he said everyone seemed happy.  Why say everyone was happy?  That's the dumbest thing ever.

I'm saying if he was guilty then lay it on thick about the mother of all arguments between SC and her parents.  He could have even found Len Foakes in the field and discussed some farming related task and slid in something about the 'last trailer' and NB bringing it in if SC hasn't killed him.  "She's really going off on one in there but don't say anything to anyone you know what Dad's like about things like that.  See you tomorrow Len".  Then turns up in the morning knowing he can't get in because farmhouse is locked and bolted from within.  Goes off to the Foakes and claims farmhouse is locked and he thinks he can see NB slumped in a chair.  He can then let the Foakes lead the way ie 'I'll come over with you to take a look or we had better call the police/ambulance'.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2018, 03:22:49 PM »
We know, NOW, that it didn't give him an alibi, however, but for the fact that someone decided to go a bit deeper that the surface, he'd have been home and dry.

I don't agree.  An alibi is someone saying he/she was with me eg Mavis Southgate saying Matthew MacDonald was with her on night of murders which completely rules him out (unless of course she lied/committed perjury).  JB calling JM is neither here nor there. 

If you were looking to carry out such a plan waiting until the morning and roping in the Foakes was arguably a better bet.  He could walk there and back no bike.  If anything didn't go to plan he had more time to cover his tracks eg he could have waited to see if SC to bled out from her first gsw etc, etc.

He could tell anyone and everyone when he left WHF the mother of all arguments was ensuing.  Thus setting the scene. 

Offline APRIL

« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2018, 03:25:33 PM »
His lack of dramatisation is consistent with his laissez faire attitude to calling EP and not calling the emergency number ie when he left he said everyone seemed happy.  Why say everyone was happy?  That's the dumbest thing ever.

I'm saying if he was guilty then lay it on thick about the mother of all arguments between SC and her parents.  He could have even found Len Foakes in the field and discussed some farming related task and slid in something about the 'last trailer' and NB bringing it in if SC hasn't killed him.  "She's really going off on one in there but don't say anything to anyone you know what Dad's like about things like that.  See you tomorrow Len".  Then turns up in the morning knowing he can't get in because farmhouse is locked and bolted from within.  Goes off to the Foakes and claims farmhouse is locked and he thinks he can see NB slumped in a chair.  He can then let the Foakes lead the way ie 'I'll come over with you to take a look or we had better call the police/ambulance'.

Yeah. On the surface it sounds plausible. But was it plausible for Jeremy? We have Pam's phone call around 10pm. A rather subdued Sheila is just going to bed. June says nothing to Pam to indicate such a violent argument and whilst BW 'sensed' something may have been wrong with Nevill, she doesn't expand. I think Jeremy had worked hard on a script he believed would work -he may previously have rejected other scenario's- and stuck with it.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2018, 03:36:13 PM »
I don't agree.  An alibi is someone saying he/she was with me eg Mavis Southgate saying Matthew MacDonald was with her on night of murders which completely rules him out (unless of course she lied/committed perjury).  JB calling JM is neither here nor there. 

If you were looking to carry out such a plan waiting until the morning and roping in the Foakes was arguably a better bet.  He could walk there and back no bike.  If anything didn't go to plan he had more time to cover his tracks eg he could have waited to see if SC to bled out from her first gsw etc, etc.

He could tell anyone and everyone when he left WHF the mother of all arguments was ensuing.  Thus setting the scene.

We must agree to disagree. I WILL agree that phoning Julie is neither here nor there, as, possibly, may be all other points taken individually. By 'farming' out the scenario to LF, he's effectively handing over control. Jeremy was in the driving seat from the moment the door of WHF was closed against the world, until the police broke in. Literally, the stage is his. There may, with hindsight, have been better scripts, but I think he used the one he thought best fitted.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2018, 04:27:25 PM »
Yeah. On the surface it sounds plausible. But was it plausible for Jeremy? We have Pam's phone call around 10pm. A rather subdued Sheila is just going to bed. June says nothing to Pam to indicate such a violent argument and whilst BW 'sensed' something may have been wrong with Nevill, she doesn't expand. I think Jeremy had worked hard on a script he believed would work -he may previously have rejected other scenario's- and stuck with it.

Not really because the Bambers were known to keep family matters in-house.  Remember CC stating in his book that what surprised him the most about SC's funeral/surviving relatives was how little they knew of SC's illness.  He specifically states "even Pamela".  NB's niece Jacquie Wood said the same.

If JB carried out the crimes he is accused of, which we are led to believe by JM were a year or so in the making, I think far better plans exist for setting the scene.

Offline Myster

« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2018, 05:13:43 PM »
What do you keep saying IF for, when you know very well he did it!!!

Offline Myster

« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2018, 05:17:12 PM »
You're not Jeremy Bamber... at least I don't think you are, but he ain't half as clever as you at hatching plans and seeing them through to fruition.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2018, 05:43:03 PM »
Not really because the Bambers were known to keep family matters in-house.  Remember CC stating in his book that what surprised him the most about SC's funeral/surviving relatives was how little they knew of SC's illness.  He specifically states "even Pamela".  NB's niece Jacquie Wood said the same.

If JB carried out the crimes he is accused of, which we are led to believe by JM were a year or so in the making, I think far better plans exist for setting the scene.

I'm perfectly certain you could come up with better plans, but you're a mature(ish) woman capable of reasoning. Jeremy probably thought he was too clever to be sussed.