Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1349254 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #765 on: December 29, 2013, 12:00:57 AM »
A cover-up? I didn't use that word. I'm just repeating what Cameron quite clearly has indicated in Parliament - why he has is a different issue and who could know why he made his decision.

But nobody can be in any doubt about his position on the case can they?

I'm using the word cover up to take the thing to its logical extremity.

The PM may have made his loyalties clear, yes, and SY may be emphasising that the McCanns are not part of their investigation.

But that does not mean that either the government or SY have been pressurised or intimidated into those positions because of anything to do with the McCanns. Or any one else.

Though perhaps for another, altogether more powerful person or organisation, Cameron and SY would tow a line. Perhaps.

But to suggest that a couple from Rothley have the government and  SY eating off their plate - far too far fetched.   

Lyall

« Reply #766 on: December 29, 2013, 12:03:51 AM »
But davel all through 2007 we were told evidence existed that showed it was an abduction, but none ever emerged.

So you can see why we don't believe those who say the police have said Madeleine's parents aren't suspects based on evidence?

As Bush once famously nearly said: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Offline pegasus

« Reply #767 on: December 29, 2013, 12:04:55 AM »
It may seem better to you but the amaral has been ridiculed in the uk press so no one takes him seriously
Has anyone yet accused Mr Amaral of nudging someone during an Crimewatch interview?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #768 on: December 29, 2013, 12:05:17 AM »
A cover-up? I didn't use that word.
Not only the word but the concept.
SY was asked to review the case in order to find a little girl, likely alive since no evidence of harm nor corpse had been found.
How could they possibly achieve that investigating her parents ?
Instead of trying and examining what could and what couldn't have happened to her, they reviewed looking for an abductor who would lead them to Madeleine.
As they had been ordered to.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #769 on: December 29, 2013, 12:08:26 AM »
Davel ignored my question: How can anyone (including the child's parents) be ruled in or out when - after Crimewatch - it's clear the police don't know a) what time the crime occurred, or b) what crime occurred?

DCI Redwood announced on the same programme that he and his officers had taken the investigation 'back to zero' and were 'assuming nothing'.

Unless he is lying blatantly, that means just that; namely, that the McCann's must at some point during his investigation been considered possible suspects.

On that understanding, SY must hold information contradicting the notion that the McCanns are involved. Or, they must hold no positive evidence suggesting their involvement.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #770 on: December 29, 2013, 12:11:27 AM »

But to suggest that a couple from Rothley have the government and  SY eating off their plate - far too far fetched.   
Conspiracy adepts might suggest this, but there is none on this forum, SH.
The fact you have to contemplate is that many authorities from finance, politics, sport, show business etc.. have engaged their credibility in this case. For nothing in the world they'd accept they were cheated.

Lyall

« Reply #771 on: December 29, 2013, 12:15:52 AM »
DCI Redwood announced on the same programme that he and his officers had taken the investigation 'back to zero' and were 'assuming nothing'.

Unless he is lying blatantly, that means just that; namely, that the McCann's must at some point during his investigation been considered possible suspects.

On that understanding, SY must hold information contradicting the notion that the McCanns are involved. Or, they must hold no positive evidence suggesting their involvement.

It's not just any case is it, SH. The pressure on those officers is immense, and if the press gets a whiff of the parents not actually not being suspects it could be 2007/8 pandemonium again.

I can quite understand the Met not wanting to risk that. It's a case that could ruin careers, as it did in Portugal of course. The London police know that.

(All just my opinions of course, but we all do sometimes forget just how high-profile a case this is I think).

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #772 on: December 29, 2013, 12:18:03 AM »
Not only the word but the concept.
SY was asked to review the case in order to find a little girl, likely alive since no evidence of harm nor corpse had been found.
How could they possibly achieve that investigating her parents ?
Instead of trying and examining what could and what couldn't have happened to her, they reviewed looking for an abductor who would lead them to Madeleine.
As they had been ordered to.

You have absolutely no idea what  sy have been asked to do

AnneGuedes

« Reply #773 on: December 29, 2013, 12:18:32 AM »

SY was imposed the likely ever lasting way, the abduction. Why would they risk the short cut (death in the flat) ?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #774 on: December 29, 2013, 12:20:08 AM »
You have absolutely no idea what  sy have been asked to do
Sorry but I have. there was a public speech and even protest from some lord.

Lyall

« Reply #775 on: December 29, 2013, 12:21:12 AM »
I'm using the word cover up to take the thing to its logical extremity.

The PM may have made his loyalties clear, yes, and SY may be emphasising that the McCanns are not part of their investigation.

But that does not mean that either the government or SY have been pressurised or intimidated into those positions because of anything to do with the McCanns. Or any one else.

Though perhaps for another, altogether more powerful person or organisation, Cameron and SY would tow a line. Perhaps.

It's not just them. They have their lawyers and a big supporting media lobby. And the PM.

But I'd think the lawyers are most important.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #776 on: December 29, 2013, 12:24:11 AM »
It's not just any case is it, SH. The pressure on those officers is immense, and if the press gets a whiff of the parents not actually not being suspects it could be 2007/8 pandemonium again.

I can quite understand the Met not wanting to risk that. It's a case that could ruin careers, as it did in Portugal of course. The London police know that.

(All just my opinions of course, but we all do sometimes forget just how high-profile a case this is I think).

I see your point, Lyall. Pressure is a big factor here. But the way I see it is that that pressure, and the spotlight SY and Cameron are under, actually make it less likely that they would take a risk in investigating the matter according to agendas, rather than according to investigative principles.

The consequences of adjusting their investigations and policies to fit the McCanns (or whomever they are trying to please) could backfire horribly against them. Worth the risk?

And if the investigation would be sacrificed to these agendas, whatever they were, then by definition it would not be being conducted properly - and there would be less chance of getting to the bottom of things. Another thing that does not make sense, taking into account the pressure here for the case to be solved.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 12:36:17 AM by Sherlock Holmes »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #777 on: December 29, 2013, 12:27:41 AM »
It's not just them. They have their lawyers and a big supporting media lobby. And the PM.

But I'd think the lawyers are most important.

Why are the lawyers so important? Carter- Ruck instill fear and trembling in Downing Street and Scotland Yard?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #778 on: December 29, 2013, 12:34:36 AM »
Sorry but I have. there was a public speech and even protest from some lord.

You have misunderstood....unless you can post a link

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #779 on: December 29, 2013, 12:38:05 AM »
Conspiracy adepts might suggest this, but there is none on this forum, SH.
The fact you have to contemplate is that many authorities from finance, politics, sport, show business etc.. have engaged their credibility in this case. For nothing in the world they'd accept they were cheated.

I'm thinking about this point, Anne. Busy now but will get back to you soon!