Author Topic: The Portuguese Police apologise to the McCanns.  (Read 8072 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: The Portuguese Police apologise to the McCanns.
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2023, 08:38:57 PM »
An apology for how the case was handled. Exactly. Some seem to believe this means the McCanns are innocent. Why didn't the PJ just say that, if that's what they actually meant?
Which part of this do you not understand?
From a Portuguese newspaper report today
The case began by being investigated by inspector Gonçalo Amaral, who ended up removed after commenting on it publicly for a newspaper. The former inspector then published a book and a documentary accusing the McCann couple of having murdered their daughter and simulating an abduction. Gonçalo Amaral maintains this thesis to this day, despite the judicial process that opposed him to the McCann and which he ended up winning in September last year at the European Court of Human Rights. Still, the investigation hypothesis he raised was completely discredited by all the authorities involved. PJ itself, currently led by Luis Neves, remains on the side of the German police, considering that the only "credible" suspect is the German Christian Bruckner, who lived in Portugal between 1998 and 2017.“
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 10:13:53 PM by Venturi Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2023, 09:19:58 PM »
More pointers from Wolters....the Germans found pictures and a video of poor MM at the box factory

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2023, 09:22:13 PM »
More pointers from Wolters....the Germans found pictures and a video of poor MM at the box factory

Yes. That'll be it. This time next year.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2023, 09:25:29 PM »
[quote author=Wonderfulspam link=topic=12549.msg707986#msg707986 date=1698692997]
An apology for how the case was handled. Exactly. Some seem to believe this means the McCanns are innocent. Why didn't the PJ just say that, if that's what they actually meant?
Which part of this do you not understand?
From a Portuguese newspaper report today
The case began by being investigated by inspector Gonçalo Amaral, who ended up removed after commenting on it publicly for a newspaper. The former inspector then published a book and a documentary accusing the McCann couple of having murdered their daughter and simulating an abduction. Gonçalo Amaral maintains this thesis to this day, despite the judicial process that opposed him to the McCann and which he ended up winning in September last year at the European Court of Human Rights. Still, the investigation hypothesis he raised was completely discredited by all the authorities involved. PJ itself, currently led by Luis Neves, remains on the side of the German police, considering that the only "credible" suspect is the German Christian Bruckner, who lived in Portugal between 1998 and 2017.“

I don't understand two things. Firstly, why you haven't mastered the quote function & secondly, why McCann supporters continue to believe Madeleine was abducted in the total absence of tangible evidence.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2023, 09:30:59 PM »

The PJ said this
Wolters said that
The McCanns said this
The MET said that

What's missing?  Evidence.
Evidence MWTIACABAS, is still missing, today, just as it was yesterday, as will it be tomorrow.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2023, 10:17:20 PM »
I don't understand two things. Firstly, why you haven't mastered the quote function & secondly, why McCann supporters continue to believe Madeleine was abducted in the total absence of tangible evidence.
Don’t worry about what we believe, ask yourself why three police forces believe it.  Englisn, German, Portuguese.  Explain it. Are they all
a) stupid
b) insane
c) part of a shadowy elite protecting two doctors from Rothley
d) on the right track

We know you are certain it’s not d so which one is it? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2023, 10:24:48 PM »
Don’t worry about what we believe, ask yourself why three police forces believe it.  Englisn, German, Portuguese.  Explain it. Are they all
a) stupid
b) insane
c) part of a shadowy elite protecting two doctors from Rothley
d) on the right track

We know you are certain it’s not d so which one is it?

What do the three forces believe? That MWTIACABAS? Well I don't believe them,  because I see no good reason to. Certainly, they haven't presented a shred of evidence MWTIACABAS, to support their belief.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2023, 10:28:49 PM »

PJ police confirm “steps continuing” in case of missing Madeleine McCann

Detectives have reportedly “apologised” for handling of case

In a statement issued today, Portugal’s PJ judicial police have clarified that “steps are continuing” as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, “to fully clarify the situation”.

The statement comes after the BBC in UK reports that “Portuguese police have apologised to the parents of Madeleine McCann for the way they handled the three-year-old’s disappearance”.

None of this is mentioned in the PJ statement, which simply explains “that, as part of the investigation into the disappearance of an English child in the Algarve in 2007, steps are continuing to be taken to fully clarify the situation”.

The short text continues: “In this context, and as has been made public in due course, in close liaison with the German (BKA) and English (Metropolitan Police) authorities, formal investigation and forensic tests have been carried out in Portugal and abroad, as well as sharing information and revisiting testimonies.

“As is also normal in this type of situation and in line with good practice, face-to-face contacts were made with the relatives of the missing child, providing – only – the procedural situation within the scope of the ongoing inquiry pending before the Faro District Public Prosecutor’s Office”.

According to the BBC, “a delegation of senior officers travelled from Lisbon to London earlier this year. They met Gerry McCann, Madeleine’s father, and apologised for the way detectives investigated the case and treated the family.

“The McCann family has not commented on the apology and their daughter’s disappearance remains unsolved.

“Portuguese police now say their initial investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance was not handled properly, there was insufficient importance given at the time to missing children and that her parents’ position as foreigners in an environment they did not understand was not appreciated”, the BBC’s report goes on.

Anyone who remembers those days and weeks following Madeleine’s disappearance will recall the massive press pack camped in Praia da Luz, and the apparent extreme importance given by authorities, both Portuguese and British, to the child’s disappearance. Thus why this reference to “insufficient importance” comes now – 16 years after the little girl went missing without apparent trace – is unclear. There do not appear to be any new leads in this mystery in spite of the flurry of activity around the Arade dam earlier this year.

Reiterating that the Portuguese police “have now admitted that the investigation was not conducted correctly”, the BBC’s report ends with the information that “after years of investigation, Portuguese officers this year backed the German authorities, who believe that German Christian Brueckner (sic) murdered the child”.

This is something that Mr Brückner himself has consistently denied.

The BBC’s report concludes that “Hans Christian Wolters, the German prosecutor in the case, welcomed Portugal’s apology, saying: “It’s a good sign. It shows that there is progress in the McCann case in Portugal”.

Again this observation is not immediately borne out by the content of the PJ  statement.

*SIC Notícias on Monday evening carried a news item to insist that Portugal’s PJ police did NOT travel to UK to apologise to the parents of Madeleine McCann. They went, as the statement issued earlier today explains, to update the couple on the situation as of ‘now’.

‘Close liaison’ with the German (BKA) and English (Metropolitan Police) authorities can also not be interpreted as PJ police ‘backing’ the German authorities theory that Christian Brückner murdered Madeleine McCann.

https://www.portugalresident.com/pj-police-confirm-steps-continuing-in-case-of-missing-madeleine-mccann/

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2023, 10:29:32 PM »
What do the three forces believe? That MWTIACABAS? Well I don't believe them,  because I see no good reason to. Certainly, they haven't presented a shred of evidence MWTIACABAS, to support their belief.
I notice you didn’t answer the question preferring to reference your own gobbledegook. Here endeth my short interlude of conversing with the WUM.  Back on ignore!

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2023, 10:37:15 PM »
I notice you didn’t answer the question preferring to reference your own gobbledegook. Here endeth my short interlude of conversing with the WUM.  Back on ignore!

Bye bye dear. Take me off ignore when Brueckner is charged.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2023, 10:45:30 PM »
Maddie: PJ confirms contacts with the child's parents to "procedural status"

Clarification from the Judiciary Police comes after the BBC reported that the PJ apologized to the parents of Madeleine McCann, then 3 years old, for "the way it dealt with the girl's disappearance in the Algarve, in May 2007".

The Judiciary Police denied that it had made any apology to Madeleine McCann's parents. The BBC reported that a PJ delegation had traveled to London at the beginning of the year to apologize to the couple for the way the investigation was carried out at the time of their daughter's disappearance.

The Judiciary Police clarified that, in the investigation into the disappearance of the English child Madeleine McCann, in the Algarve in 2007, steps continue to be taken, aiming to clarify the situation, and that contacts were made with the child's relatives.

"In this context and as opportunely made public, in close coordination with the German (BKA) and English (Metropolitan Police) authorities, formal acts of investigation and expertise have been carried out , in Portugal and abroad, as well as sharing information and testimonies revisited ", says the Judiciary Police (PJ) in a statement.

According to the PJ, as "it is also normal in this type of situation and corresponds to good practices", face-to-face contacts were made with the relatives of the missing child , transmitting only "the procedural status , within the scope of the ongoing investigation , pending at the Public Ministry of the District of Faro ."

This clarification from the PJ comes after the BBC, cited by the EFE agency, reported that the PJ apologized to the parents of Madeleine McCann , who was 3 years old at the time, for "the way it dealt with the girl's disappearance in the Algarve, in May 2007".

According to the same news, a delegation of PJ agents traveled from Lisbon to London at the beginning of this year to apologize to Gerry McCann , the child's father, after the parents were named as suspects in the girl's disappearance.

https://sicnoticias.pt/pais/2023-10-30-Maddie-PJ-confirma-contactos-com-pais-da-crianca-para-ponto-de-situacao-processual-cbd00438

So, just have to believe the BBC then, because the PJ themselves have made no mention of apologising to the McCanns. Only that ,""it is also normal in this type of situation and corresponds to good practices", face-to-face contacts were made with the relatives of the missing child , transmitting only "the procedural status

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2023, 11:09:26 PM »

I think the thread title needs amending, with the added caveat 'according to the BBC', just incase anyone is misled into believing the PJ really did apologise to the McCanns.

Offline misty

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2023, 01:03:58 AM »
I think the BBC is dependent on their source within the PJ.
Mark Williams-Thomas has tonight posted what he's been told by his source within PJ.

Mark Williams-Thomas
@mwilliamsthomas
My source in the PJ has stated that they did speak with the McCanns and their clear understanding of the meeting was that they did NOT apologise , they did however very clearly tell them that the case is no longer a  Portuguese one but a German one . The relationship between Portugal and Germany authorities is very poor & has been for a long time.
------------

So, PJ either spoke to Gerry on his on or both the parents.
PJ either apologised or they didn't. Maybe they just left them details of no-win no-fee lawyers in Portugal.
PJ are either working closely with BKA or making life as difficult as possible.
Such is the power of the media.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2023, 03:34:02 AM »
I think the BBC is dependent on their source within the PJ.
Mark Williams-Thomas has tonight posted what he's been told by his source within PJ.

Mark Williams-Thomas
@mwilliamsthomas
My source in the PJ has stated that they did speak with the McCanns and their clear understanding of the meeting was that they did NOT apologise , they did however very clearly tell them that the case is no longer a  Portuguese one but a German one . The relationship between Portugal and Germany authorities is very poor & has been for a long time.
------------

So, PJ either spoke to Gerry on his on or both the parents.
PJ either apologised or they didn't. Maybe they just left them details of no-win no-fee lawyers in Portugal.
PJ are either working closely with BKA or making life as difficult as possible.
Such is the power of the media.

How I have been missing "PJ source - close to the investigation". Almost always as incredible as is MWT. Well, maybe not. No one is that incredible 🙄
For claimants of routine visits to victims of crime this mob certainly were exceptionally tardy! Sixteen years ???
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2023, 08:05:59 AM »
Maddie: PJ confirms contacts with the child's parents to "procedural status"

Clarification from the Judiciary Police comes after the BBC reported that the PJ apologized to the parents of Madeleine McCann, then 3 years old, for "the way it dealt with the girl's disappearance in the Algarve, in May 2007".

The Judiciary Police denied that it had made any apology to Madeleine McCann's parents. The BBC reported that a PJ delegation had traveled to London at the beginning of the year to apologize to the couple for the way the investigation was carried out at the time of their daughter's disappearance.

The Judiciary Police clarified that, in the investigation into the disappearance of the English child Madeleine McCann, in the Algarve in 2007, steps continue to be taken, aiming to clarify the situation, and that contacts were made with the child's relatives.

"In this context and as opportunely made public, in close coordination with the German (BKA) and English (Metropolitan Police) authorities, formal acts of investigation and expertise have been carried out , in Portugal and abroad, as well as sharing information and testimonies revisited ", says the Judiciary Police (PJ) in a statement.

According to the PJ, as "it is also normal in this type of situation and corresponds to good practices", face-to-face contacts were made with the relatives of the missing child , transmitting only "the procedural status , within the scope of the ongoing investigation , pending at the Public Ministry of the District of Faro ."

This clarification from the PJ comes after the BBC, cited by the EFE agency, reported that the PJ apologized to the parents of Madeleine McCann , who was 3 years old at the time, for "the way it dealt with the girl's disappearance in the Algarve, in May 2007".

According to the same news, a delegation of PJ agents traveled from Lisbon to London at the beginning of this year to apologize to Gerry McCann , the child's father, after the parents were named as suspects in the girl's disappearance.

https://sicnoticias.pt/pais/2023-10-30-Maddie-PJ-confirma-contactos-com-pais-da-crianca-para-ponto-de-situacao-processual-cbd00438

So, just have to believe the BBC then, because the PJ themselves have made no mention of apologising to the McCanns. Only that ,""it is also normal in this type of situation and corresponds to good practices", face-to-face contacts were made with the relatives of the missing child , transmitting only "the procedural status
In that case I take it all back. This was nothing more than another stop on the McCann carousel of bullshit, spun in to life by the bbc, probably in cahoots with the McCann's themselves.
Shocking behaviour. I'm appalled. They had me won over for a while there. I was up all night considering my previous position, and for what? More smoke and mirrors.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum