Author Topic: Lakeland Terrier  (Read 7993 times)

Alfie

Re: Lakeland Terrier
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 09:24:04 AM »
We have a beautiful cat, really affectionate and great fun to play with. Our grandchildren adore him. My daughter in law hated cats.  Weird isn't it that folk say this but if you say you hate dogs you are looked on as some form of sociopath.   @)(++(*

Anyway, said daughter in law and family offered to keep our cat for a week while we were on holiday. She changed her views completely and has now welcomed a gorgeous little kitten into their family.

Cats are so much easier to care for if you are working. Clever little creatures know how to use their litter tray by six/eight weeks ............no training needed, no messy accidents. Cats keep themselves well groomed and don't need to be walked on cold winter nights.

Your sneezing would lessen and may actually disappear as you grow accustomed to the cat, that has happened to several folk I know.

Definitely recommend a kitten.
You put up a very persuasive argument....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 11:31:13 AM »
We have a beautiful cat, really affectionate and great fun to play with. Our grandchildren adore him. My daughter in law hated cats.  Weird isn't it that folk say this but if you say you hate dogs you are looked on as some form of sociopath.   @)(++(*

Anyway, said daughter in law and family offered to keep our cat for a week while we were on holiday. She changed her views completely and has now welcomed a gorgeous little kitten into their family.

Cats are so much easier to care for if you are working. Clever little creatures know how to use their litter tray by six/eight weeks ............no training needed, no messy accidents. Cats keep themselves well groomed and don't need to be walked on cold winter nights.

Your sneezing would lessen and may actually disappear as you grow accustomed to the cat, that has happened to several folk I know.

Definitely recommend a kitten.

When I was young a lot of dog owners let their dogs out alone and they were scary. Now they have been brought under control and dog owners have to be responsible. Cat owners are still allowed to let their animals roam, however. Their cats decimate our wild birds, rip open rubbish bags and pooh in other people's gardens. Pretty [ censored word]ocial imo. I support making cat owners more responsible for their pets.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 01:03:26 PM »
When I was young a lot of dog owners let their dogs out alone and they were scary. Now they have been brought under control and dog owners have to be responsible. Cat owners are still allowed to let their animals roam, however. Their cats decimate our wild birds, rip open rubbish bags and pooh in other people's gardens. Pretty [ censored word]ocial imo. I support making cat owners more responsible for their pets.

There are many irresponsible dog owner including those who walk their dogs using those very long leads.
The dogs are yards ahead of their owners and bound up and leap on an unsuspecting walker (me) and then the say in a soothing manner "It won't bite". The owner may believe that but I am not convinced. My husband cycles on cycle routes and has to be wary of the same problem as often the dog run across his path.

Cats may pooh in gardens but at least they cover it up, dog excrement is very unpleasant on pathways or grass.
Cats may rip bin bags and kill some wild life but compared to the number of adults, children and babies who are bitten, maimed or even horrifically killed by dogs , then I know which animal I believe to be anti -social.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 02:36:06 PM »
There are many irresponsible dog owner including those who walk their dogs using those very long leads.
The dogs are yards ahead of their owners and bound up and leap on an unsuspecting walker (me) and then the say in a soothing manner "It won't bite". The owner may believe that but I am not convinced. My husband cycles on cycle routes and has to be wary of the same problem as often the dog run across his path.

Cats may pooh in gardens but at least they cover it up, dog excrement is very unpleasant on pathways or grass.
Cats may rip bin bags and kill some wild life but compared to the number of adults, children and babies who are bitten, maimed or even horrifically killed by dogs , then I know which animal I believe to be anti -social.

It must be scary if you don't trust dogs. I was once held against a wall late at night when the owner of two guard alsatians let them out for a run. Both had their heads down and were growling a warning. I shouted to the owner and his reply was that they didn't bite. I wasn't convinced and insisted that he called them in so I could go on my way. It might help if you pat the odd dog with the owner's agreement as most are friendly.

The cat poo in my veg patch is never covered up. I take a pooper scooper out every morning and clear it away. I would be interested to know if you think that's acceptable when I pick up every poo done by our dog. I don't suppose my cat owning neighbours would be prepared to pick up my dog's poo from their gardens, but they just laugh it off when I mention their cat's habits.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2016, 03:04:20 PM »
It must be scary if you don't trust dogs. I was once held against a wall late at night when the owner of two guard alsatians let them out for a run. Both had their heads down and were growling a warning. I shouted to the owner and his reply was that they didn't bite. I wasn't convinced and insisted that he called them in so I could go on my way. It might help if you pat the odd dog with the owner's agreement as most are friendly.

The cat poo in my veg patch is never covered up. I take a pooper scooper out every morning and clear it away. I would be interested to know if you think that's acceptable when I pick up every poo done by our dog. I don't suppose my cat owning neighbours would be prepared to pick up my dog's poo from their gardens, but they just laugh it off when I mention their cat's habits.

Are you sure it is cat pooh? As far as I know cats always cover it up either with earth or litter but then my cat is very well behaved. 8(0(*
I suppose my fear does go back to being bitten by a terrier when I was a child. I was recalling the incident earlier this week and was told I shouldn't have been running in the park because that would encourage the dog to run and bite.  &%+((£

People do do peculiar things. We had a spate of dog pooh bags being thrown over a fence into our garden. Strange that someone went to the bother of scooping it up but then chose to dispose of it in such a way.
I really don't know you could make cat owners more responsible for their pets.

Ours is only allowed out in day light and never allowed out at night. Keeping a cat indoors all the time is in my opinion quite cruel but once they are out is is impossible to determine their behaviour.

Your neighbours should be showing some concern and certainly not laughing about it.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2016, 06:02:28 PM »

Are you sure it is cat pooh? As far as I know cats always cover it up either with earth or litter but then my cat is very well behaved. 8(0(*
I suppose my fear does go back to being bitten by a terrier when I was a child. I was recalling the incident earlier this week and was told I shouldn't have been running in the park because that would encourage the dog to run and bite.  &%+((£

People do do peculiar things. We had a spate of dog pooh bags being thrown over a fence into our garden. Strange that someone went to the bother of scooping it up but then chose to dispose of it in such a way.
I really don't know you could make cat owners more responsible for their pets.

Ours is only allowed out in day light and never allowed out at night. Keeping a cat indoors all the time is in my opinion quite cruel but once they are out is is impossible to determine their behaviour.

Your neighbours should be showing some concern and certainly not laughing about it.

Yes, I watch them do it. Obviously badly brought up. Anyway, we seem to be hogging Alfie's thread and probably putting him off pets for life.  @)(++(*
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2016, 06:42:16 PM »
So anyway, tortoises...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2016, 07:30:14 PM »
So anyway, tortoises...

They wander off and hibernate for months, yawn......a goldfish?
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2016, 11:36:55 AM »
They wander off and hibernate for months, yawn......a goldfish?
Tortoises can't wander far if you have them in an enclosure of some sort.  But I take your point about the hibernation.  Low maintenance though  8((()*/

Offline Erngath

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 08:03:47 AM »
Alfie..................wondering if you did finally acquire a pet?