Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 401259 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4740 on: May 06, 2019, 12:39:10 PM »
I did wonder about dyslexia.  However, you also appear to ignore the forum spellchecker.  Would you like to clarify on that?
Forum spellchecker - how does that work? 

Is it hit "preview"? 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline The General

« Reply #4741 on: May 06, 2019, 12:41:34 PM »
That was a question.  Not a criticism.  And even I wondered what "Off you" meant.
It was a reference to a juvenile colloquialism: 'I'm telling Miss off you.......Miss, Janice called me a slag!'

Let's move on.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4742 on: May 06, 2019, 12:45:29 PM »
Come on, you're one of the fairer supporters imo, he said a lot more than that... and you know it.

He said;

“It might be him and he fits the profile, he is a known predatory paedophile and he’s a foreigner.

“He wore camouflage gear, carried knives and jumped out of bushes to pounce on victims.

“It is quite possible and plausible police are looking at him again but it could be someone else.

“There is a degree of credibility it is Ney but we cannot speculate." (so why is he speculating then?)

He (Mitchell) explained: “The Yard has been doing a fair amount of work on this new person of interest and they then ask Portuguese officers to nail it down.

“If activity needs to be done, the local police have to do it even if it’s a foreign force’s investigation.

“And if Ney is the person of interest a German force will then have to get involved to interview him on their soil.”

He added: “Kate and Gerry are not in a position to comment on this, nor would they because it is operational detail and they will not discuss it.

“It is purely for the police if they choose to comment. (so why is he bothering saying anything.)

So it's quite simple. If as Mitchell imply's, the McCanns are being briefed on what's going on, why is he feeding us it might be Ney if it isn't?

Because he thinks we're all mugs imo, that's why?

Venom my erse. The truth is, he was feeding us utter garbage and he knew it.
Perhaps if you unhighlighted the bits in the article you chose and highlighted other bits such as “we cannot speculate” and “if Ney is the person of interest”  and “it could be someone else” you might see things slightly differently?  Just a thought.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4743 on: May 06, 2019, 12:45:35 PM »
It was a reference to a juvenile colloquialism: 'I'm telling Miss off you.......Miss, Janice called me a slag!'

Let's move on.

That is a very good idea on your part.

So no more criticisms.  Thank You.

Offline The General

« Reply #4744 on: May 06, 2019, 12:47:27 PM »
That is a very good idea on your part.

So no more criticisms.  Thank You.
Thank you, I'll take that as the compliment it was never intended to be.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4745 on: May 06, 2019, 12:49:32 PM »
I did wonder about dyslexia.  However, you also appear to ignore the forum spellchecker.  Would you like to clarify on that?

Certainly... I'm not aware of the forum spell checker

Offline The General

« Reply #4746 on: May 06, 2019, 12:51:42 PM »
Certainly... I'm not aware of the forum spell checker
It's barely noticeable.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4747 on: May 06, 2019, 12:51:58 PM »
I must day I find both monkey and the general a much note agreeable type of sceptic... There's hope yet

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4748 on: May 06, 2019, 12:52:32 PM »
It's barely noticeable.

You actually made me smile

Offline The General

« Reply #4749 on: May 06, 2019, 12:53:24 PM »
I must day I find both monkey and the general a much note agreeable type of sceptic... There's hope yet
Dude. Fist bump?

Offline The General

« Reply #4750 on: May 06, 2019, 12:56:00 PM »
You actually made me smile
This is on a par with that day they started playing footy in no man's land in the Somme.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 12:57:38 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4751 on: May 06, 2019, 12:56:47 PM »
Dude. Fist bump?

Neither of you have that underlying sense of malificence that's so apparent in some
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 01:01:10 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4752 on: May 06, 2019, 12:58:14 PM »
This is on a par with that day they started playing footy in no man's land in the Somme.
And no, I don't want to see pictures of your 'fraulein'.

Others have.   ...due to my unfortunate outing on the Amazon forum... My childrens pictures too

Offline The General

« Reply #4753 on: May 06, 2019, 01:01:54 PM »
Neither if you have that underlying sense of malificence that's so apparent in some
Gotta try to keep it light. My Economics teacher called me 'the most cynical person I have ever met'. I was 13.
That compliment stayed with me to this day. Cynicism mellowed to scepticism.

Offline The General

« Reply #4754 on: May 06, 2019, 01:02:46 PM »
Others have.   ...due to my unfortunate outing on the Amazon forum... My childrens pictures too
What? Really?