Author Topic: Corinne Mitchell refers to son Luke as normal?  (Read 27307 times)

Offline John

Corinne Mitchell refers to son Luke as normal?
« on: June 27, 2012, 02:01:11 PM »
This post by Corinne Mitchell on the WAP forum is interesting and reveals that she still hasn't come to terms that her then 14-year-old child wasn't exactly 'normal'.

Quote from: Corinne Mitchell via WAP
Much was made of Luke "not phoning back" when Jodi didn't appear. Why? He was the child in this situation. A 14year old lad. His girlfriend hadn't turned up.......so he phones his ,mates. Nothing unusual in that. Pretty much the norm for kidss that age.

Link

Mitchell was far from normal.  He had a warped predisposition towards knives and had actually assaulted one school girl with them just days before he killed Jodi Jones. He was reprimanded by Matthew Muraska, who helped run the local Army Cadet Force The Army Cadet Force (ACF).  Asked about an incident with Mitchell, Mr Muraska said it had been in the summer of 2002 that he caught him with a knife.

"They were on parade at the end of the evening and I saw one cadet pass something to Luke. I asked Luke, 'What is that?' He removed the knife from his pocket and handed it to me.

"I opened the knife. It was about six or seven inches long, a lock- type knife with a pointed blade," said Mr Muraska. "I held it up so all the cadets could see. I said that I never, ever wanted to see a knife like that in the Army Cadet Force...there was no place for a knife like that...a knife such as that was made for one purpose and one purpose only.

"A young cadet said, 'Killing' and I said, 'Yes, exactly.' I said I doubted the legality of such a knife and that carrying such a knife was probably totally illegal."

Mr Muraska said he had to give back the knife to Mitchell. In the past, knives would be confiscated and destroyed, but a policeman had pointed out that such action was theft.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-13056511.html

A FRIEND of Mitchell's told the court he said he could imagine himself getting 'stoned' and killing someone.

Michelle Tierney, 17, a sixth year pupil at St David's High School in Dalkeith, says she went to an area known as 'the ampi' where she met Mitchell and a group of pals.

Some people left, leaving her with Mitchell and a friend.

She tells the court that some of the group had been smoking cannabis before she arrived.

Asked by the advocate depute whether something came up in conversation with Mitchell, she replies: 'He said that he could just imagine himself going out and getting stoned and going out and killing somebody and how funny it would be.'

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/THE+JODI+JONES+TRIAL:+I+think+I%27m+actually+in+love+with+Luke..+well...-a0125381355

Mitchell was also a drug dealer.  He not only smoked cannabis in ever increasing quantities but he purchased and resold the drug in special plastic bags kept in his bedroom for that specific purpose.  He also had weighing scales in his bedroom which were used to weigh the drugs.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/quick-tempered-mother-who-always-stood-by-her-son-1.65142

Normal behaviour for a 14-year-old boy??

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:15:10 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Re: Corinne Mitchell refers to son Luke as normal?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »
The High Court in Edinburgh heard that Mitchell was arrested after an early-morning swoop on his home by detectives on April 14 2004.

Before he was led away in handcuffs detectives found cannabis resin and herbal cannabis in his pockets.

After Mitchell was taken to Dalkeith Police Station officers searched his bedroom. "It was disgusting, smelly squalor, " said PC Dow.

She said that Mitchell appeared to sleep under a duvet which was on the floor, but not in his bed.

"There were so many belongings on the top of it. There were computer keyboards and monitors lying on it."

More cannabis was found in the bedroom along with a bong for smoking the drug, a number of pipes and a set of miniature scales.

Born in July 1988, his parents Corinne and Philip split up when he was 11. He grew up under the care of his mother and she allowed him to do exactly as he pleased. He lived in a state of near squalor; keeping his own urine in bottles in his bedroom, rarely washing and wearing the same clothes for days on end.

Left largely to his own devices he became defiant, violent and brooding with an unhealthy fascination with knives, the occult and drugs. He was first brought to the attention of the mental health profession aged just 11, following a fight at King’s Park Primary in Dalkeith. Although the incident was just a minor skirmish with another pupil, Mitchell’s attitude was sufficiently troublesome to warrant a referral to a school psychiatrist. However, there appears to have been little further action taken by the education authorities or his parents to curb his behaviour.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/natural-born-killer-1-1401861

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:23:51 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Joanne

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 03:16:05 PM »
I just wonder if people have an interest in something why is it questioned? I have an interest in crime, murder and watch a ton of documentaries but I've never murdered anyone and I've only ever been done for speeding, so I'm hardly Ronnie Biggs and the points are off now!

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 10:25:19 PM »
Corinne Mitchell is obviously deluded if she believes her son is normal.  My 14 year old son goes to the cadets and has a knife but he doesn't do drugs or sells cannabis to other children or threatens his girlfriends with a knife.  I think her idea of normal may have something to do with her own roots which apparently are quite extraordinary.

Did I forget cutting a young girls throat to the point where it was nearly detached and slicing her eyelids n that list?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:26:55 PM by devils advocate »

nugnug

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 10:49:32 PM »
Corinne Mitchell is obviously deluded if she believes her son is normal.  My 14 year old son goes to the cadets and has a knife but he doesn't do drugs or sells cannabis to other children or threatens his girlfriends with a knife.  I think her idea of normal may have something to do with her own roots which apparently are quite extraordinary.

Did I forget cutting a young girls throat to the point where it was nearly detached and slicing her eyelids n that list?

well she may be adopted to but that means nothing.

you shouldnt read that daily retard rubbish anyway.

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 10:59:13 PM »

well she may be adopted to but that means nothing.

you shouldnt read that daily retard rubbish anyway.

It always amazes me how Corinne Mitchell chooses to ignore the questions which she finds hard to answer.  There was the attempt to elicit £10,000 from a Scottish newspaper by selling her mothers story.  Then there was the poem which Luke wrote which apparently he didn't write.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 02:45:28 PM »
I've no idea whether Luke Mitchell is guilty as charged or the victim of a MoJ.  I know next to nothing about the case but I see a lot of the sort of witch hunt type stuff that goes on with these cases:

1. A friend of LM's claimed LM said he could kill.  Hmmm where have I heard that before?  It's certainly prevalent in the WHF case.  In the case of David Bain his friend/acquaninatance claimed DB said he could rape a woman on his paper round and use the paper round as an alibi.  Interesting how JB, DB and LM all claim to be victims of MoJ's and yet witnesses claim they were told by the convicted they were capable of murder or rape.  Do murderers, rapists and the like make such claims and then proceed to execute their plans/fantasies? 

2. I note the armchair psychologists are wheeled out in the LM case.  LM apparently wrote a poem which a psychologist believes has themes associated with Jodi's murder.  Has this psychologist ever formally assessed LM?  This reminds me of the various armchair pshychologists in JB's case: Kerry Danes, David Holmes, and Katherine Ramsland all offering up various opinions about JB and the case none of whom have ever met with JB let alone formally assessed him.  Why is it psychologists are prepared to offer up opinions with little or no knowledge of cases and yet we never hear from other experts such as pathologists offering up opinion?

3.   LM was into Goth culture, supposedly kept bottles of his own urine in his bedroom, rarely washed etc, etc.  I just see parallels with JB in that he was condemned for supposedly dying his hair, using a sunbed, dressing in New Romantic gear. 

4.  The police claim LM was very intelligent and appeared arrogant and in control during his police interviews.    OMG where have I heard this before  &%+((£  Many police officers are not only low in intelligence (Paul Harrison's admission to even pass CSE maths) but are also low in emotional intelligence which is a recipe for disaster.   I wouldn't mind betting the majority of police officers involved in LM's case are male.  I object, strongly, to homogeneous groups of people making decisions.  Is there any data regarding MoJ's showing gender breakdown of senior investigating officers involved?  I'm not suggesting female officers are superior  8(0(* just that homogenous groups dont usually make the best teams and produce the best outcomes.

LM might well be guilty as charged but there seems to be a distinct lack of hard evidence and too much of a witch hunt for my liking.   

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Nicholas

Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline expat

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 09:58:23 PM »
People say she now lives in the metal building office workshop in what used to be the caravan park since she had to sell her house. People also say she couldnt afford to pay staff wages. Park run down that no one uses. Has been many attacks on it over the years by locals?

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 01:53:53 PM »
People say she now lives in the metal building office workshop in what used to be the caravan park since she had to sell her house. People also say she couldnt afford to pay staff wages. Park run down that no one uses. Has been many attacks on it over the years by locals?

Its all so very sad, actions always have consequences.  The things we do for our children sometimes.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 05:50:58 PM »
This post by Corinne Mitchell on the WAP forum is interesting and reveals that she still hasn't come to terms that her then 14-year-old child wasn't exactly 'normal'.

Link

Mitchell was far from normal.  He had a warped predisposition towards knives and had actually assaulted one school girl with them just days before he killed Jodi Jones. He was reprimanded by Matthew Muraska, who helped run the local Army Cadet Force The Army Cadet Force (ACF).  Asked about an incident with Mitchell, Mr Muraska said it had been in the summer of 2002 that he caught him with a knife.

"They were on parade at the end of the evening and I saw one cadet pass something to Luke. I asked Luke, 'What is that?' He removed the knife from his pocket and handed it to me.

"I opened the knife. It was about six or seven inches long, a lock- type knife with a pointed blade," said Mr Muraska. "I held it up so all the cadets could see. I said that I never, ever wanted to see a knife like that in the Army Cadet Force...there was no place for a knife like that...a knife such as that was made for one purpose and one purpose only.

"A young cadet said, 'Killing' and I said, 'Yes, exactly.' I said I doubted the legality of such a knife and that carrying such a knife was probably totally illegal."

Mr Muraska said he had to give back the knife to Mitchell. In the past, knives would be confiscated and destroyed, but a policeman had pointed out that such action was theft.

A FRIEND of Mitchell's told the court he said he could imagine himself getting 'stoned' and killing someone.

Michelle Tierney, 17, a sixth year pupil at St David's High School in Dalkeith, says she went to an area known as 'the ampi' where she met Mitchell and a group of pals.

She tells the court that some of the group had been smoking cannabis before she arrived.

Asked by the advocate depute whether something came up in conversation with Mitchell, she replies: 'He said that he could just imagine himself going out and getting stoned and going out and killing somebody and how funny it would be.'

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/THE+JODI+JONES+TRIAL:+I+think+I%27m+actually+in+love+with+Luke..+well...-a0125381355

Mitchell was also a drug dealer.  He not only smoked cannabis in ever increasing quantities but he purchased and resold the drug in special plastic bags kept in his bedroom for that specific purpose.  He also had weighing scales in his bedroom which were used to weigh the drugs.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/quick-tempered-mother-who-always-stood-by-her-son-1.65142

"Why did Luke Mitchell Kill? His mother holds a clue. https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12402619.Why_did_Luke_Mitchell_kill__His_mother_holds_a_clue/
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 10:03:09 PM »

Link

"Piquerism is sometimes performed post-mortem. It generally refers to the penetration of human flesh, although it is sometimes practiced against animals. The piquer’s range of activities for sating his or her needs can be a purposeful single prick with a pin or knife, multiple stab wounds to an eroticized area, or elaborate cutting, stabbing, biting and mutilation of a victim. Piquerism becomes part of the repertoire of many sadists, depending on their progress along the ‘sadistic learning curve’. Often the sexual mechanisms inherent in piquerism are ignored during the assessment of sexually sadistic crimes. The prevalence rate of piquerism is unknown”.

Many authors note the link between piquerism and sexual sadism. In an online article on sexual sadism. Dr Stephen Hucker reviewed the characteristics and predominate features of what he described as “major sexual sadism”. 
Dr. Hucker noted that this type of sexual sadism was typically non-consensual and usually culminates in major injury or death. He also noted the types of behaviour that accompanied major sexual sadism as including: (i) severe beatings, (ii) torture, (iii) burning and cutting, (iv) stabbing in the breast or buttocks (piquerism), (v) rape, (vi), murder, (vii) vampirism, and (viii) necrophilia. This is also confirmed by Dr. Anil Aggrawal in his 2011 book Necrophilia: Forensic and Medico-legal Aspects, where he examines lust murders:
 https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/in-excess/201501/life-knife-edge
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:34:00 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 04:44:29 PM »

Link

I'd like to hear from Luke Mitchell, or one his handful of supporters, when he started his "20 bottle" urine collection and why etc?

Sandra Lean states,

"Another complete red herring was the finding of bottles of urine found in Luke's bedroom.

"The perfectly innocent explanation - that the trauma of events had triggered a form of Obsessive Compulsive Diaorder (OCD), compelling him to "hold on" to literally everything, never made it to the public domain.

I disagree.

If the motivation for the murder of [Name removed] was Erotophonophilia, then any possible paraphilia is relevant. Piquerism is a paraphilia as well as a form of sadism. The same could be said of Luke Mitchell's urne collection ie; another paraphilia
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:09:47 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Guiltyascharged

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 02:19:28 PM »
didnt luke threaten another girl with a knife? not what your average normal teenager would do 

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2019, 01:28:16 PM »
I'd like to hear from Luke Mitchell, or one his handful of supporters, when he started his "20 bottle" urine collection and why etc?

Sandra Lean states,

"Another complete red herring was the finding of bottles of urine found in Luke's bedroom.

"The perfectly innocent explanation - that the trauma of events had triggered a form of Obsessive Compulsive Diaorder (OCD), compelling him to "hold on" to literally everything, never made it to the public domain.

I disagree.

If the motivation for the murder of [Name removed] was Erotophonophilia, then any possible paraphilia is relevant. Piquerism is a paraphilia as well as a form of sadism. The same could be said of Luke Mitchell's urne collection ie; another paraphilia

A high-profile trial heard bottles of urine were found in Mitchell's bedroom when it was searched in July 2003 and taken away by the police.
Donald Findlay QC, representing Mitchell, earlier argued the evidence was "wholly irrelevant" and provided no "link, key or motive" to the crime.
John Beckett QC, representing the Crown, told Lords Hamilton, Osborne and Kingarth: "His explanation was that because he slept on top of a bunk bed it was more convenient to do that than to do anything else.
"It was to show that explanation was untrue. The new ones (bottles) came at a time when his position was that he was sleeping in the living room next to his mother, or something like that."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7247137.stm

If this is correct https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/police-stage-reconstruction-itn-ext-police-car-outside-news-footage/682859242?adppopup=true&uiloc=thumbnail_more_search_results_adp&uiloc=thumbnail_more_search_results_adp Luke Mitchell’s house was searched 7 days after the murder and some 20 bottles of urine were found in his bedroom - that’s some collection in just a few days. Especially as has been pointed out, even by Corrine Mitchell, he was sleeping downstairs on the sofa therefore his alleged explanation as to why he urinated in bottles was indeed untrue.

the trauma of events had triggered a form of Obsessive Compulsive Diaorder (OCD), compelling him to "hold on" to literally everything, never made it to the public domain.

Forensic psychologist Ian Stephens said at the time  “whoever did this would be displaying signs of stress.
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/family-video-released-itn-ext-i-c-detective-inspector-tom-news-footage/682862314?adppopup=true&uiloc=thumbnail_more_search_results_adp

On the other hand Luke Mitchell was keen to get back to school (2 months after the murder) and went on to pass his exams - seemingly unaffected by any trauma

Imo Luke Mitchell most probably urinated in bottles before the murder
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:32:30 PM by Nicholas »