Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 536852 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4125 on: February 12, 2021, 10:58:49 AM »
Think before you speak.

You too also.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4126 on: February 12, 2021, 11:00:22 AM »
Why would that be?

Please don't ask silly questions.  And no one is obliged to answer them anyway.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4127 on: February 12, 2021, 11:02:45 AM »
You too also.

I do my best and try to be clear and unambiguous - usually  8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4128 on: February 12, 2021, 11:05:27 AM »
Isn’t repeating a libel also against the law?

Ah yes...

‘There is a long-standing common law rule that it is no defence to an action for defamation for the defendant to prove that he or she was only repeating what someone else had said (known as the “repetition rule”).’

Doh !!!
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4129 on: February 12, 2021, 11:07:44 AM »
Provided posters remember not to post opinion as fact, which is against forum rules.
Amaral solved the case in 2007
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4130 on: February 12, 2021, 11:09:38 AM »
Why would that be?
I couldn't possibly say.   8**8:/:
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #4131 on: February 12, 2021, 11:19:11 AM »
Please don't ask silly questions.  And no one is obliged to answer them anyway.
Put it away.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #4132 on: February 12, 2021, 11:19:32 AM »
I couldn't possibly say.   8**8:/:
Thought not.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Lace

« Reply #4133 on: February 12, 2021, 11:19:50 AM »
If it's OK to say Summers and Swann cashed in on the case, then it's OK to say so too did Amaral.  Others have certainly accused the McCanns of cashing in on their daughter's disappearance on this forum without receiving warning points or having their posts removed.

I don't understand why Vertigo Swirl got warning points for saying Amaral cashed in on Madeleine's disappearance?   Of course he got money for his book otherwise he wouldn't have put it up for sale would he?   What's wrong with VS's post?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4134 on: February 12, 2021, 11:23:24 AM »
I don't understand why Vertigo Swirl got warning points for saying Amaral cashed in on Madeleine's disappearance?   Of course he got money for his book otherwise he wouldn't have put it up for sale would he?   What's wrong with VS's post?
good question.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4135 on: February 12, 2021, 11:25:51 AM »

I think it’s because he suggested that was Amaral’s motivation. Amaral says that it was to defend his honour and it is not up to us to second guess him. I also received points for pointing out that Mr Sillence was probably paid by the Sun for his story.

Fair is fair I suppose.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

« Reply #4136 on: February 12, 2021, 11:26:40 AM »

It maybe that he wrote the book to portray his role in the affair. The money might be considered as incidental, as it was with Kate's book.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4137 on: February 12, 2021, 11:29:51 AM »
I think it’s because he suggested that was Amaral’s motivation. Amaral says that it was to defend his honour and it is not up to us to second guess him. I also received points for pointing out that Mr Sillence was probably paid by the Sun for his story.

Fair is fair I suppose.
He?  He??  Who are you talking about? 
Amaral may well have resigned to "defend his honour" and the best and most lucrative way he knew how to do that was to cash in on the case by writing a book and appearing on countless TV programmes for which he charged large sums of cash.  He could only have done this by retiring from the police. You made a statement of fact about Sillence (no "probablys" or "IMOs") based on zero evidence, and with a cavalier attitude that you couldn't care less about being sued or about John getting into legal hotw..er.  I believe you were put on moderation for your efforts. 

ETA: What is supremely ironic about your obvious libel of Sillence is that when I asked G-Unit (twice) whether or not she felt your post was acceptable she both ignored my posts and let your post stand.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:40:02 AM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4138 on: February 12, 2021, 11:45:26 AM »
Any further off topic posts will attract sanctions.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4139 on: February 12, 2021, 11:54:54 AM »
Any further off topic posts will attract sanctions.

What?  Warning Points?