Author Topic: So what should the McCanns do now? Sensible ideas please!  (Read 19748 times)

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

Re: So what should the McCanns do now? Sensible ideas please!
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2018, 05:54:13 PM »
then of course there was this at Wembley Stadium and other football matches around Europe:
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/message-is-displayed-on-the-scoreboard-at-wembley-as-the-news-photo/833051148

Thank you for posting those reminders of the part played by so many who were touched by Madeleine's disappearance.
It's sometimes difficult to believe that so many years have passed.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2018, 06:02:07 PM »
All very useful but were any of them initiated by the parents and paid for by the fund ?

Not to worry, they wouldn’t have helped anyway.

This was initiated and paid for by the fund
“A new campaign launched by Kate and Gerry McCann to help find their missing daughter, Madeleine, has ignited fresh controversy in Praia da Luz.For the next three weeks, posters, pamphlets, billboards, bus back advertising, mail shots and mobile A-van announcements will be targeting residents of the Lagos and Vila do Bispo areas”
So the campaign which you have slagged off as being one billboard in PdL was significantly more than that.  As this was the area in which Madeleine McCann was last seen it would have been the most logical place to mount it.  To mount a similar campaign in every European city would have been some what ill-targeted and cost a fortune.  The fact that businesses and organizations arouund Europe were willing and able to do their bit (presumably with the McCanns blessing)meant that the fund could be used to mount a private investigation, which was in itself very costly  but meant that for many months professional individuals were actively looking for their daughter.  The fact that these turned out to be conmen and /or useless was really not something the McCanns could have foreseen, unless you,believe otherwise...?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2018, 06:26:25 PM »

This was initiated and paid for by the fund
“A new campaign launched by Kate and Gerry McCann to help find their missing daughter, Madeleine, has ignited fresh controversy in Praia da Luz.For the next three weeks, posters, pamphlets, billboards, bus back advertising, mail shots and mobile A-van announcements will be targeting residents of the Lagos and Vila do Bispo areas”
So the campaign which you have slagged off as being one billboard in PdL was significantly more than that.  As this was the area in which Madeleine McCann was last seen it would have been the most logical place to mount it.  To mount a similar campaign in every European city would have been some what ill-targeted and cost a fortune.  The fact that businesses and organizations arouund Europe were willing and able to do their bit (presumably with the McCanns blessing)meant that the fund could be used to mount a private investigation, which was in itself very costly  but meant that for many months professional individuals were actively looking for their daughter.  The fact that these turned out to be conmen and /or useless was really not something the McCanns could have foreseen, unless you,believe otherwise...?

It still stands that the only visible publicising of Madeleine’s image paid for by the fund was in an area that needed no reminding of what Madeleine look like. But you’re right why pay for billboards that could find your child when you can spend the money instead on expensive lawyers, expensive hotels and paying off your mortgage?

Oh and of course anything the doesn’t cost them money will have the parents wholehearted blessing.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #229 on: November 25, 2018, 06:30:37 PM »
It still stands that the only visible publicising of Madeleine’s image paid for by the fund was in an area that needed no reminding of what Madeleine look like. But you’re right why pay for billboards that could find your child when you can spend the money instead on expensive lawyers, expensive hotels and paying off your mortgage?

Oh and of course anything the doesn’t cost them money will have the parents wholehearted blessing.
I didn’t say any of that though, so kindly don’t tell me I’m right about something I did not say.

In fact your post is too dripping in vitriol for any further serious discussion.  Carry on hating!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2018, 06:42:31 PM »
I didn’t say any of that though, so kindly don’t tell me I’m right about something I did not say.

In fact your post is too dripping in vitriol for any further serious discussion.  Carry on hating!

I've considered is hating an appropriate word to use for some of the vitriol which is displayed by some towards Madeleine's parents?
I'm unsure of whether that is the correct word to use but whatever it is I find the vitriol quite disturbing.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2018, 06:44:20 PM »
I've considered is hating an appropriate word to use for some of the vitriol which is displayed by some towards Madeleine's parents?
I'm unsure of whether that is the correct word to use but whatever it is I find the vitriol quite disturbing.

Simple solution, don't read it and certainly don't go looking for it.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #232 on: December 01, 2018, 10:26:33 AM »

Vitriol is criticism which is full of 'bitterness and hate' so by using that word you are saying the same.I see something very similar being aimed at Amaral too. In both cases  the defense offered is that they deserve it.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #233 on: December 01, 2018, 10:31:13 AM »
Vitriol is criticism which is full of 'bitterness and hate' so by using that word you are saying the same.I see something very similar being aimed at Amaral too. In both cases  the defense offered is that they deserve it.

Simplistic thinking.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2018, 06:32:14 PM »

Some apparent in Kates book.  She really doesn't like Sr Amaral, the fking tossers or Tweedledee or Tweedledum, she didn't like Mrs Fenn  and... oh I just noticed something. all people who tried to find out what happened to their daughter. OK. penny dropped.

It just might not be a great idea to lamp people who offer genuine criticism as 'h8ters'. Afterall people who live in glass houses should not be throwing stones.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:54:27 PM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2019, 12:41:33 PM »
So what should the McCanns do now to find the missing Madeleine?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #236 on: January 31, 2019, 12:45:31 PM »

What?  Are you being serious?  There isn't anything they can do at the moment.

Offline Lace

« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2019, 12:45:58 PM »

Wait for the investigation to end.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2019, 02:59:48 PM »
Wait for the investigation to end.

It is petering out slowly as it would be far too embarrassing to admit defeat after spending £12 million chasing shadows.

The McCanns have conveniently distanced themselves from any further searching in Portugal which was what the Maddie Fund was set up for.  Let's hope we get some clarity from the Portuguese soon since anything which emanates from SY can be taken with a very large pinch of salt.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 03:04:42 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2019, 03:06:17 PM »
What?  Are you being serious?  There isn't anything they can do at the moment.

Off course there are lots they could be doing but alas, careers come first.  Someone else doing the searching is a common theme which runs through this case.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!