Author Topic: So what should the McCanns do now? Sensible ideas please!  (Read 19260 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: So what should the McCanns do now? Sensible ideas please!
« Reply #240 on: January 31, 2019, 03:42:12 PM »
Off course there are lots they could be doing but alas, careers come first.  Someone else doing the searching is a common theme which runs through this case.

I really try not to gainsay you.  But there are times when your Opinion is stated as Fact.  Something for which ordinary Members are castigated.
Could you perhaps not do this?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #241 on: January 31, 2019, 04:22:10 PM »
Off course there are lots they could be doing but alas, careers come first.  Someone else doing the searching is a common theme which runs through this case.

I agree, it does seem they are getting on with their lives and new careers imo. Thankfully away from the constant spotlight which once was. When they were  once hailed as 'celebrities'.

Not quite out of the limelight they do still need to enforce their stanceas 'innocent bystanders' as more and more people, I know of anyway,  do not believe their version of account.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8294775/madeleine-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-hope-twins-birthday/

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #242 on: January 31, 2019, 05:12:35 PM »

As I understand I'm allowed to criticise the post but not the poster... Its complete and utter Bull...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 05:15:18 PM by Davel »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #243 on: January 31, 2019, 07:52:10 PM »
I agree, it does seem they are getting on with their lives and new careers imo. Thankfully away from the constant spotlight which once was. When they were  once hailed as 'celebrities'.

Not quite out of the limelight they do still need to enforce their stanceas 'innocent bystanders' as more and more people, I know of anyway,  do not believe their version of account.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8294775/madeleine-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-hope-twins-birthday/

You seem to mix with some really weird people if the best they can do by way of conversation is to slander people they don't know.

I can't think of anyone who has become a "celebrity" as the result of some heinous crime being perpetrated against a member if their immediate family, who have desired it or who have any great say in it.
Witness the dismay of the parents of James Bulger whose lives we know about because of his murder; a status which they never sought ~ never enjoyed ~ but which anyone can feel free to abuse whenever they chose ...
Snip
"It’s one thing making a film like this without contacting or getting permission from James’s family but another to have a child re-enact the final hours of James’s life before he was brutally murdered and making myself and my family have to relive this all over again!"   Denise Fergus.

Why does your post criticise that people "are getting on with their lives"?  What is it you suggest they should be otherwise doing?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #244 on: February 01, 2019, 01:41:14 PM »
You seem to mix with some really weird people if the best they can do by way of conversation is to slander people they don't know.

I can't think of anyone who has become a "celebrity" as the result of some heinous crime being perpetrated against a member if their immediate family, who have desired it or who have any great say in it.
Witness the dismay of the parents of James Bulger whose lives we know about because of his murder; a status which they never sought ~ never enjoyed ~ but which anyone can feel free to abuse whenever they chose ...
Snip
"It’s one thing making a film like this without contacting or getting permission from James’s family but another to have a child re-enact the final hours of James’s life before he was brutally murdered and making myself and my family have to relive this all over again!"   Denise Fergus.

Why does your post criticise that people "are getting on with their lives"?  What is it you suggest they should be otherwise doing?

"You seem to mix with some really weird people if the best they can do by way of conversation is to slander people they don't know."

That is a very bold statement- being allowed to stay because you are a mod  no doubt.

I don't seem to mix with people who you prefer- who go out drinking leaving our children alone to be 'abducted' by paedophiles. KNowing what may be happening to her go out jogging,blogging setting up a company. selling my sex life or lack of it in a slag rag  called the sun. I mix with a better educated class of people.

With regards to slander. I should be careful labelling one with that tag. Saying I do not believe in a story I am told by the people who told it is not slander. It is a belief. Slander would be if I said 'it was the parents what dun it'.  and you are the self proclaimed messiah of wordsmith on this forum.. or  is that just fake ... ^*&&  8)-)))
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2019, 05:56:13 PM »
"You seem to mix with some really weird people if the best they can do by way of conversation is to slander people they don't know."

That is a very bold statement- being allowed to stay because you are a mod  no doubt.

I don't seem to mix with people who you prefer- who go out drinking leaving our children alone to be 'abducted' by paedophiles. KNowing what may be happening to her go out jogging,blogging setting up a company. selling my sex life or lack of it in a slag rag  called the sun. I mix with a better educated class of people.

With regards to slander. I should be careful labelling one with that tag. Saying I do not believe in a story I am told by the people who told it is not slander. It is a belief. Slander would be if I said 'it was the parents what dun it'.  and you are the self proclaimed messiah of wordsmith on this forum.. or  is that just fake ... ^*&&  8)-)))

I don't know what the McCann family would have been doing with their lives if they still had their eldest child sharing it.  I imagine it all would have been very different for all concerned.

As I see it there is little chance that "What Katy Did Next" applies to them at the moment.  It is all out of their hands.  The police are investigating Madeleine's case as they should be.

The only change possible lies with those who have the power to decide whether or not they press the post button on their computers to add to the rest of the mainly anonymous vitriol posted on line ... I don't see that happening, though, I think for some strange reason they derive too much from it to let it go.

The McCann family have to live with the pain of it all ... no-one else does.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2019, 10:57:02 PM »
It defies belief in my opinion that the McCanns aren't involved in any initiative aimed at finding their missing child and please, don't reply with the "Scotland Yard are searching for her bullshit'.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #247 on: February 05, 2019, 12:12:45 AM »
It defies belief in my opinion that the McCanns aren't involved in any initiative aimed at finding their missing child and please, don't reply with the "Scotland Yard are searching for her bullshit'.
How rude.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #248 on: February 05, 2019, 01:35:20 PM »

I think belief in this case is overrated given its peculiarities.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.