Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 413214 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #435 on: December 26, 2013, 02:18:49 PM »
If we're going from first statements then this is very interesting from Matt (11:30am 4 May):

At around 21h25, the interviewee went into his apartment and Madeleine's apartment to check on the children. He states that the door of the bedroom quarters, that was occupied by Madeleine and the twins, was half-open and that there was enough light in the bedroom for him to see the twins in their cots. That he couldn't see the bed occupied by Madeleine, but as it was all quiet, he deduced that she was sleeping. That the light in question was from an artificial source but not inside the bedroom, rather from outside through the bedroom window. That it seemed to him that the shutters of the bedroom window were open without knowing if the window was also open.

This was supposed to be Kate's check so if the shutters were open, opened by who before 9.30pm?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 02:24:59 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #436 on: December 26, 2013, 03:01:33 PM »
If we're going from first statements then this is very interesting from Matt (11:30am 4 May):

At around 21h25, the interviewee went into his apartment and Madeleine's apartment to check on the children. He states that the door of the bedroom quarters, that was occupied by Madeleine and the twins, was half-open and that there was enough light in the bedroom for him to see the twins in their cots. That he couldn't see the bed occupied by Madeleine, but as it was all quiet, he deduced that she was sleeping. That the light in question was from an artificial source but not inside the bedroom, rather from outside through the bedroom window. That it seemed to him that the shutters of the bedroom window were open without knowing if the window was also open.

This was supposed to be Kate's check so if the shutters were open, opened by who before 9.30pm?

The Tannerman abductor apparently.

It's understandable why Crimewatch avoided going into detail of Oldfield's supposed visit since it places the 'abduction' before 9.30.

Oldfield's visit is a complete fabrication imo hence the differences in the stickerbook timeline.
They couldn't fit the pre planned check in with the Tannerman abductor story which was not preplanned.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #437 on: December 26, 2013, 03:33:57 PM »

It's understandable why Crimewatch avoided going into detail of Oldfield's supposed visit since it places the 'abduction' before 9.30.

Oldfield's visit is a complete fabrication imo hence the differences in the stickerbook timeline.
They couldn't fit the pre planned check in with the Tannerman abductor story which was not preplanned.
Mr Oldfield's statement betrays an attempt to sit on the fence.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #438 on: December 26, 2013, 04:07:21 PM »

They couldn't fit the pre planned check in with the Tannerman abductor story which was not preplanned

Mr Oldfield's statement betrays an attempt to sit on the fence.

I believe Madeleine was not in the apartment at 9.30pm so the shutters could have been opened by someone before Matt's check (originally Kate's check so that can't be ignored).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 04:10:15 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #439 on: December 26, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »
Kate McCann 4th May 2007.

"At around 10pm, the witness came to check on the children. She went into the apartment by the side door, which was closed, but unlocked, as already said, and immediately noticed that the door to her children's bedroom was completely open, the window was also open, the shutters raised and the curtains open, while she was certain of having closed them all as she always did."

Kate McCann Crimewatch 2013.

"the curtains that I say that were closed kind just kind of ‘whoosh’

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 04:57:15 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #440 on: December 26, 2013, 04:50:19 PM »
Kate McCann 4th May 2007

"At around 10pm, the witness came to check on the children. She went into the apartment by the side door, which was closed, but unlocked, as already said, and immediately noticed that the door to her children's bedroom was completely open, the window was also open, the shutters raised and the curtains open, while she was certain of having closed them all as she always did."

Kate McCann ‘Madeleine Was Here’

"I did my check about 10’oclock and went in through the sliding patio doors,
And I Just stood actually and I thought oh all quiet,
And to be honest I might have been tempted to turn round then but I just noticed that the door,
the bedroom door where the three children were sleeping was open much further than we’d left it.

Strange how she went from immediately noticing the door was open to being tempted to turned round and leave before just noticing the position of the door.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 05:00:04 PM by Wonderfulspam »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #441 on: December 26, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »
Kate McCann 4th May 2007.

Kate McCann Crimewatch 2013.

"the curtains that I say that were closed kind just kind of ‘whoosh’
The window in Madeleine's room remained closed, but she doesn't know if it was locked, blinds and curtains drawn. The window remained like this since the first day, night and day.

Offline John

« Reply #442 on: December 26, 2013, 06:26:54 PM »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #443 on: December 26, 2013, 11:03:46 PM »
Ever notice how two of the 4th May statements are almost identical.
Now why is that ?
Is it because one witness asked to be in the room and sitting just behind while the most important witness was interviewed?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #444 on: December 26, 2013, 11:14:45 PM »
Good point.

"Gerry had asked João Carlos if he could be allowed to stay with me while I was questioned because he was extremely worried about my psychological state. I was grateful to João Carlos for agreeing, with the proviso that Gerry remained seated behind me. I appreciate now that this would not be acceptable practice in most police investigations. João Carlos interviewed me, assisted by a young female interpreter. He put his questions in Portuguese, the interpreter relayed them to me in English and then she translated my answers into Portuguese. The interview was neither videoed nor audio-taped. Instead João Carlos tapped my answers, as given to him in Portuguese by the interpreter, into his computer. As you can imagine, it was an incredibly laborious process. My eyes were still continually drawn towards the clock, or my watch, and as the minutes and then the hours ticked by my body became more and more tense.
The officer began with how we came to be in Portugal and then concentrated on the point at which I discovered Madeleine was missing. When he asked me if it was the first time I had been to Portugal I said, ‘Yes. Never again!’ The interpreter turned to me and said, ‘Mrs McCann, this could have happened anywhere.’ She was right, of course, and I was a bit ashamed of that remark, but in the circumstances it was hardly surprising I felt that way at that moment. As I recounted how I’d found Madeleine’s bedclothes neatly folded back my voice faltered. Every now and then Gerry would put a hand on my shoulder or give me a reassuring squeeze.
The interview lasted four long hours." (Madeleine book excerpt)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 11:17:24 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #445 on: December 26, 2013, 11:42:04 PM »
Thanks pathfinder. Every now and then?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #446 on: December 26, 2013, 11:49:50 PM »
"As I recounted how I’d found Madeleine’s bedclothes neatly folded back my voice faltered. Every now and then Gerry would put a hand on my shoulder or give me a reassuring squeeze.
The interview lasted four long hours." (Madeleine book excerpt)
6th SEPT 2007
They (the twins) also kissed Madeleine, who was lying down. She was under the covers, she thinks because she was a bit cold.
Tidy abductor ?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #447 on: December 27, 2013, 12:15:44 AM »
The top button was not pressed and the window  although closed was not locked. A petty thief thought everyone was out  (adults seen leaving and only one table lamp on in whole apartment and no noise, so it was a reasonable assumption), and so from outside he partly lifted the shutter and slid the east half of the window open and reached in and operated the strap to properly raise the shutter fully. This noise woke one child who ran into another room, and the would-be thief, seeing this, ran away,  never entering the apartment (he had thought there was absolutely no-one home). Mr Amarals doumentary video of this moment needs amending as follows: 1. the random waking needs to be replaced by waking caused by the shutter noise, and 2. the relaxed speed of exit to another room needs to be  increased, and 3. toy stays on bed.
Mr Amaral and Mr Flores were not the first to fail to see this simple sequence.
Someone else misinterpreted the evidence that very night and reached totally the wrong conclusion. IMO.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:39:40 AM by pegasus »

Lyall

« Reply #448 on: December 27, 2013, 01:00:26 AM »
The open window isn't evidence pegasus, since only one person says they saw it.

Offline sadie

« Reply #449 on: December 27, 2013, 01:03:41 AM »
Ever notice how two of the 4th May statements are almost identical.
Now why is that ?
Is it because one witness asked to be in the room and sitting just behind while the most important witness was interviewed?
Any decent police force wouldn't tolerate that.  Are you sure or just making another assumption?
Seems that this Police force allowed it.  Apologies Pegasus.

Not good practice at all. imo.  And I am astounded tbh.