Author Topic: The Jersey Child Abuse Investigation and the EVRD deployment.  (Read 34631 times)

Offline Carana

Re: The Jersey Child Abuse Investigation and the EVRD deployment.
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 05:42:28 PM »
It's like the use of the Joana case to discredit Mr Amaral. Who would post about le Haut de la Garenne if Eddie and Mr Grime hadn't gone there ?

The media went into a mega frenzy over the Jersey case. Even normally sensible journalists got caught up in it.

Who would have known that he and Eddie and Keela had even gone there if it hadn't been plastered all over the media?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 05:44:48 PM »
Well the policeman linked to by Red, above,  who was in charge of the case  ( later 'removed'  )  didn't believe that 

Anyway,  this is such a distressing subject that I don't actually want to converse about it with those who are content that a cover-up occurred

there was no cover up..just a botched investigation by harper

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2014, 05:47:04 PM »
It's like the use of the Joana case to discredit Mr Amaral. Who would post about le Haut de la Garenne if Eddie and Mr Grime hadn't gone there ?

No one has to discredit amaral...and remember YOU have introduced him to this thread. he did a very good job discrediting himself

Offline Carana

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2014, 06:06:30 PM »
Well the policeman linked to by Red, above,  who was in charge of the case  ( later 'removed'  )  didn't believe that 

Anyway,  this is such a distressing subject that I don't actually want to converse about it with those who are content that a cover-up occurred

I'm not convinced that a cover up for murder did occur, unless you meant the opposite.

There was an interview with Harper explaining his position after he'd been taken off the case. I'm not sure that I could find it now... but it was along the lines of admitting mistakes but asking people to put themselves in his position at the time.

ferryman

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2014, 07:11:22 PM »
Eddie didn't alert to 'coconut' He alerted to cadaver scent.  As I explained last night, he alerted to an area of ground where bones had been previously found by workman before laying concrete.  Those bones had been binned but the gound that once contained them would still have been an area of interest to Eddie. So he alerted as we know and when the area was examined an object was found which was thought to be part of a childs skull but which later magically turned into a piece of coconut.  Now I personally do not beleive that it was coconut but if it was, the following makes perfect sense to me, as it also should to you.

'coconut husk is wood and wood will absorb odours. If the husk was in the presence of human remains material for years it will actually build up and retain large amounts of odour as a cumulative effect. The fact that the coconut is not human does not matter. It's the odour the dog alerts to, not the material on which the odour is deposited.'

If Grime had done his job properly, Eddie would have tested the coconut shell in an area free of pre-exisiting odours. 

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2014, 07:48:17 PM »
If Grime had done his job properly, Eddie would have tested the coconut shell in an area free of pre-exisiting odours.
It was only after Eddie alerted to the area in question that Martin was informed that bones had previously been found and binned by workmen before the concrete was laid in that area  It was only when the area was dug that the woman scientist whose name evades me right now spotted the 'coconut' and picked it up and examined it.

I fail to see how you can accuse Martin of not doing his job properly. 

As I said, I have my doubts about it being coconut but can you tell why you do not understand that it is the odour the dog alerts to, not the material on which the odour is deposited.

I repeat for clarification purposes:

'coconut husk is wood and wood will absorb odours. If the husk was in the presence of human remains material for years it will actually build up and retain large amounts of odour as a cumulative effect. The fact that the coconut is not human does not matter. It's the odour the dog alerts to, not the material on which the odour is deposited.'

ferryman

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2014, 07:57:20 PM »
It was only after Eddie alerted to the area in question that Martin was informed that bones had previously been found and binned by workmen before the concrete was laid in that area  It was only when the area was dug that the woman scientist whose name evades me right now spotted the 'coconut' and picked it up and examined it.

I fail to see how you can accuse Martin of not doing his job properly. 

As I said, I have my doubts about it being coconut but can you tell why you do not understand that it is the odour the dog alerts to, not the material on which the odour is deposited.

I repeat for clarification purposes:

What Martin was, or was not, informed of is irrelevant.

If he had done his job properly, he would have had the dog screen the area of the test for prior scents before tasking the dog to test the coconut shell.

If Grime did not do that, he was incompetent.

If Grime did do it, then Eddie reacted to a coconut shell.

The evidence of PdL tends to suggest that there was no prior screening.

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2014, 08:04:29 PM »
What Martin was, or was not, informed of is irrelevant.

If he had done his job properly, he would have had the dog screen the area of the test for prior scents before tasking the dog to test the coconut shell.

If Grime did not do that, he was incompetent.

If Grime did do it, then Eddie reacted to a coconut shell.

The evidence of PdL tends to suggest that there was no prior screening.
As someone said to me earlier today 'it's like plaiting fog' with you lot lol

What part of the 'coconut' or whatevber it was was not even found until AFTER Eddie alerted and AFTER the ground was dug up do you not get?

And what part of it's the odour the dog alerts to, not the material on which the odour is deposited do you not get?

Offline Carana

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2014, 09:31:34 PM »

What part of the 'coconut' or whatevber it was was not even found until AFTER Eddie alerted and AFTER the ground was dug up do you not get?

And what part of it's the odour the dog alerts to, not the material on which the odour is deposited do you not get?

The bottom line still seems to be that whatever the humans assumed that he reacted to wasn't a fragment of a juvenile human skull, but a coconut.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2014, 10:05:27 PM »
The bottom line still seems to be that whatever the humans assumed that he reacted to wasn't a fragment of a juvenile human skull, but a coconut.
What about the link to the sex tissues in the PJ Files, Carana ?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2014, 10:11:42 PM »

Exactly.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2014, 09:59:17 AM »
So what forensic evidence was found at Jersey?

baby teeth...that we know fall out naturally....these can be ruled out
animal bones
possible human bones from several hundred years ago

nothing to prove of any deaths

Offline Carana

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2014, 10:57:32 AM »
What about the link to the sex tissues in the PJ Files, Carana ?

Yet again... please point me to wherever you have assumed that the sex tissues in Jersey that I mentioned were in the PJ files.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2014, 11:59:13 AM »
So what forensic evidence was found at Jersey?

baby teeth...that we know fall out naturally....these can be ruled out
animal bones
possible human bones from several hundred years ago

nothing to prove of any deaths

Very true. The dogs in Jersey most likely alerted correctly to the bones.

We have cases where one side is claiming an improbable scenario based on no evidence or indications and the other side has indications and evidence.

Trouble is, the establishment side is different in both.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2014, 03:34:27 PM »
Posters are all reminded to avoid personal comments and to stick to discussion of the thread topic.