Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral interviewed after the Appeal Court decision.  (Read 39528 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Goncalo Amaral interviewed after the Appeal Court decision.
« on: March 13, 2017, 12:39:57 AM »
FULL ENGLISH TRANSLATION - Maddie McCann The Mystery Gonçalo Amaral - CMTV April 23rd 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FKsKD78Qsc&t=18s

I'm watching this video featuring GA and then later it goes into his version of events which have marked differences to what I understood happened.  Can we clarify the situation please?

« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 06:41:46 PM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline John

Re: Goncalo Amaral interviewed after the Appeal Court decision.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 03:39:02 AM »
FULL ENGLISH TRANSLATION - Maddie McCann O Mistério Gonçalo Amaral - CMTV April 23rd 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FKsKD78Qsc&t=18s

I'm watching this video featuring GA and then later it goes into his version of events which have marked differences to what I understood happened.  Can we clarify the situation please?

An interesting interview Rob.  Which version of events are you referring to?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 03:44:08 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 04:49:44 AM »
An interesting interview Rob.  Which version of events are you referring to?
Hi John - could you correct the spelling mistake in the title please?

I noticed the first discrepancy when they outline the timeline and say that Russell goes back at the same time as Gerry.  That was news to me.

And then about the two versions of the timeline written on the scrapbook being found at different times.
I'll have to work out how to discuss a documentary like this on the forum.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 05:39:36 AM »
Hi John - could you correct the spelling mistake in the title please?

I noticed the first discrepancy when they outline the timeline and say that Russell goes back at the same time as Gerry.  That was news to me.

And then about the two versions of the timeline written on the scrapbook being found at different times.
I'll have to work out how to discuss a documentary like this on the forum.

Absolutely astounding "interview".

One thing is certain though ... Goncalo Amaral will not sue Kate and Gerry McCann.  He is aware that to do so would entail taking action against them in a British Court where any case brought would be subject to proper scrutiny.
He will not do that. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 06:33:16 AM »
Absolutely astounding "interview".

One thing is certain though ... Goncalo Amaral will not sue Kate and Gerry McCann.  He is aware that to do so would entail taking action against them in a British Court where any case brought would be subject to proper scrutiny.
He will not do that.

There won't be any point because they won't have two halfpennies to rub together when they've paid their debts.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 07:44:17 AM »
There won't be any point because they won't have two halfpennies to rub together when they've paid their debts.
He sounded determined to publish or at least sell his books in the UK.
I listened to the whole interview and tried reading the subtitles in time.  Bit difficult for a slow reader like me, but I'll have another go later, but did I hear one bit correctly (near the end) where they agreed that Amaral theory wasn't right but never the less he had the right to publish his theory.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 07:50:43 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 07:59:43 AM »

How little you understand

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 08:03:39 AM »
Help us out and share your understanding then please.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 08:22:38 AM »

If you know different out with it; don't be shy!
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Benice

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 09:07:27 AM »

Even if a 'No win No fee' arrangement is made?

Have just watched the interview.   What happened to the 'uncomfortable' questions that Amaral was going to be asked?

The programme  couldn't have been more biased if it tried IMO.   The anchor-man was no Jeremy Paxman - that's for sure.

No wonder the Portuguese think it was the parents wotdunnit - if that's an example of a balanced 'analysis' of the events.

Very depressing.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 09:12:16 AM »
Even if a 'No win No fee' arrangement is made?

Have just watched the interview.   What happened to the 'uncomfortable' questions that Amaral was going to be asked?

The programme  couldn't have been more biased if it tried IMO.   The anchor-man was no Jeremy Paxman - that's for sure.

No wonder the Portuguese think it was the parents wotdunnit - if that's an example of a balanced 'analysis' of the events.

Very depressing.
At times Amaral seemed embarrassed.  He didn't get it all his own way.  You get the feeling he isn't in the PJ good books.
Moderation

Offline Erngath

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 09:17:53 AM »
At times Amaral seemed embarrassed.  He didn't get it all his own way.  You get the feeling he isn't in the PJ good books.

He did look embarrassed, especially when asked questions about his "theories".
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Alfie

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 09:19:07 AM »

He did look embarassed, especially when asked questions about his "theories".
And so he should - his theories are a total embarrassment.

stephen25000

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 09:23:55 AM »

The program was recorded last year, before the Supreme Court Judgement.

Bear that in mind. 8(0(*
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 02:13:03 AM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 09:27:18 AM »

He did look embarrassed, especially when asked questions about his "theories".
I suppose he is just happy to finally get the money.  Have the funds been returned to him yet?  I'd take a bit of embarrassment too if I was going to get a million Euros in the end.

The program was recorded last year, before the Supreme Court Judgement.

Bear that in mind. 8(0(*

I realise that.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 02:13:32 AM by John »
Moderation