Author Topic: The Portuguese police and Madeleine McCann's eye defect.  (Read 28679 times)

Offline Brietta

The Portuguese police and Madeleine McCann's eye defect.
« on: January 29, 2016, 11:41:20 PM »
The Drs McCann did not release the information about Madeleine's eye defect.  That was a decision taken by the Policia Judiciaria who issued a press release on the 5th May.

There was no mention of Madeleine's eye defect when her parents spoke to the press at 10pm on previous night.

‘Words cannot describe the anguish and despair that we are feeling as the parents of our beautiful daughter Madeleine. We request that anyone who may have any information related to Madeleine’s disappearance, no matter how trivial, contact the Portuguese police and help us get her back safely. Please, if you have Madeleine, let her come home to her mummy, daddy, brother and sister. As everyone can understand how distressing the current situation is, we ask that our privacy is respected to allow us to continue assisting the police in their current investigation.’

From the PJ

To: The Assistant Prosecutor
Public Ministry

Date: 04-05-2007

Subject: Request for Divulgation by means of the Press

As it is of clear interest to the investigation of the case in reference, I have the honour to ask you to authorise the divulgation of the disappearance of the young girl Madeleine McCann by means of the organs of the press, with the aim of obtaining information leading to her whereabouts.

I enclose a model for divulgation.

With best compliments

The Coordinator of the Investigation.

G. Amaral

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P1/01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_32.jpg

Letter from the Lagos Public Ministry

To: Portimao DIC

Subject: Request for Divulgation by Means of the Media with Reference to the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

This letter serves to communicate to you that within the framework of what is laid down in Article 86 n? 5 of the CPP I authorise this police force to divulge the disappearance of Madeleine Beth McCann by means of the organs of the press with the aim of obtaining information leading to her whereabouts, in accordance with the press release model that was sent to us.

With best compliments,

Signed

The Deputy Prosecutor

Sandra Marques

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MADELINE.htm#p2p452

01 Processos Vol I Page 33 B

Press Release

Disappearance of Minor

The Policia Judiciaria requests information about the whereabouts of Madeleine Beth McCann, born on 12-05-2003 (three years old) with the following physical characteristics: 90 cm in height, light chestnut/blond hair, blue/green left eye and a green right eye with a brown mark in the pupil.

She disappeared from Praia da Luz, Lagos on 03-05-2007 wearing pyjamas with white coloured bottoms with a floral design and a blue and grey figure on the front with the inscription ‘EEYORE’.

Any information should be directed to the Head of the Faro PJ telephone number 289 884 500 or to the Portimao DIC tel 282 405 400.

05 May 2007

In other words ... responsibility for putting the information about Madeleine's eye lies entirely with the Policia Judiciaria ... not with Madeleine's parents who it seems Vanity Fair have chosen to portray as being sanguine that it might lead to someone poking the eye out ???
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:27:09 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

Re: The Portuguese police and Madeleine McCann's eye defect.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 01:22:20 PM »
A new thread.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 01:45:32 PM »
The Drs McCann did not release the information about Madeleine's eye defect.  That was a decision taken by the Policia Judiciaria who issued a press release on the 5th May.

There was no mention of Madeleine's eye defect when her parents spoke to the press at 10pm on previous night.

‘Words cannot describe the anguish and despair that we are feeling as the parents of our beautiful daughter Madeleine. We request that anyone who may have any information related to Madeleine’s disappearance, no matter how trivial, contact the Portuguese police and help us get her back safely. Please, if you have Madeleine, let her come home to her mummy, daddy, brother and sister. As everyone can understand how distressing the current situation is, we ask that our privacy is respected to allow us to continue assisting the police in their current investigation.’

From the PJ

To: The Assistant Prosecutor
Public Ministry

Subject: Request for Divulgation by means of the Press

As it is of clear interest to the investigation of the case in reference, I have the honour to ask you to authorise the divulgation of the disappearance of the young girl Madeleine McCann by means of the organs of the press, with the aim of obtaining information leading to her whereabouts.

I enclose a model for divulgation.

With best compliments

The Coordinator of the Investigation.

G. Amaral

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P1/01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_32.jpg

Letter from the Lagos Public Ministry

To: Portimao DIC

Subject: Request for Divulgation by Means of the Media with Reference to the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

This letter serves to communicate to you that within the framework of what is laid down in Article 86 n? 5 of the CPP I authorise this police force to divulge the disappearance of Madeleine Beth McCann by means of the organs of the press with the aim of obtaining information leading to her whereabouts, in accordance with the press release model that was sent to us.

With best compliments,

Signed

The Deputy Prosecutor

Sandra Marques

01 Processos Vol I Page 33 B

Press Release

Disappearance of Minor

The Policia Judiciaria requests information about the whereabouts of Madeleine Beth McCann, born on 12-05-2003 (three years old) with the following physical characteristics: 90 cm in height, light chestnut/blond hair, blue/green left eye and a green right eye with a brown mark in the pupil.

She disappeared from Praia da Luz, Lagos on 03-05-2007 wearing pyjamas with white coloured bottoms with a floral design and a blue and grey figure on the front with the inscription ‘EEYORE’.

Any information should be directed to the Head of the Faro PJ telephone number 289 884 500 or to the Portimao DIC tel 282 405 400.

05 May 2007

In other words ... responsibility for putting the information about Madeleine's eye lies entirely with the Policia Judiciaria ... not with Madeleine's parents who it seems Vanity Fair have chosen to portray as being sanguine that it might lead to someone poking the eye out ???

The PJ did not publicise either of the pictures shown above;

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 01:54:11 PM »
But the details were authorised for dissemination.

And somehow this fact got forgotten by people in certain quarters.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 02:39:49 PM »
But the details were authorised for dissemination.

And somehow this fact got forgotten by people in certain quarters.

i have no idea what that means. the PJ appeal said;

Right Eye : Green colour with a Brown spot in Retina

As told to them by the parents.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Carana

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 02:46:12 PM »
i have no idea what that means. the PJ appeal said;

Right Eye : Green colour with a Brown spot in Retina

As told to them by the parents.

The PJ issued the description as a press release.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 02:49:30 PM »
Philomena McCann quickly set up a website named 'bringmadeleinehome'. This predated the Find madeleine site set up on 10th May 2007.

What did Philomena draw attention to?

"Como sabréis mi sobrina, Madeleine, sigue desaparecida y estoy pidiéndoles a todos mis conocidos que envíen una carta cadena, es decir, mandársela a todo el que uno conozca y que a su vez hagan lo mismo, ya que la noticia sólo se conoce en Gran Bretaña, Irlanda y Portugal. No creemos que ella siga en Portugal y necesitamos que su fotografía y su noticia cruce toda Europa lo más rápido posible. Cualquier indicio será bienvenido.

Phil McCann"

MADELEINE'S EYE HOLDS VITAL CLUE
LA PISTA FUNDAMENTAL EN LOS OJOS DE MADELEINE

La familia de Madeleine McCann cree que esta nueva fotografía de su hija de cuatro años puede ser vital en su búsqueda. La foto de la chiquilla permite ver claramente un rasgo característico en su ojo derecho [where the pupil runs into the blue-green iris]. El nuevo cartel de Madeleine es una característica distintiva para reconocer a Madeleine por aquellos que la busquen, según sus tíos John y Diane McCann. La pareja de Glasgow tratará de repartir tan lejos como puedan el cartel con la descripción que incluye el teléfono de las fuerzas de seguridad. La Sra. McCann dijo: "La intención del cartel es resaltar la característica especial del ojo derecho de Madeleine. Queremos remarcarlo mucho, porque sabemos que le podrían cortar o teñir el pelo".

Portuguese Police on 00351 282 405 400
Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
Web: www.bringmadeleinehome.com

Result = happy posting.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 03:10:17 PM »
Philomena McCann quickly set up a website named 'bringmadeleinehome'. This predated the Find madeleine site set up on 10th May 2007.

What did Philomena draw attention to?

"Como sabréis mi sobrina, Madeleine, sigue desaparecida y estoy pidiéndoles a todos mis conocidos que envíen una carta cadena, es decir, mandársela a todo el que uno conozca y que a su vez hagan lo mismo, ya que la noticia sólo se conoce en Gran Bretaña, Irlanda y Portugal. No creemos que ella siga en Portugal y necesitamos que su fotografía y su noticia cruce toda Europa lo más rápido posible. Cualquier indicio será bienvenido.

Phil McCann"

LA PISTA FUNDAMENTAL EN LOS OJOS DE MADELEINE

La familia de Madeleine McCann cree que esta nueva fotografía de su hija de cuatro años puede ser vital en su búsqueda. La foto de la chiquilla permite ver claramente un rasgo característico en su ojo derecho [where the pupil runs into the blue-green iris]. El nuevo cartel de Madeleine es una característica distintiva para reconocer a Madeleine por aquellos que la busquen, según sus tíos John y Diane McCann. La pareja de Glasgow tratará de repartir tan lejos como puedan el cartel con la descripción que incluye el teléfono de las fuerzas de seguridad. La Sra. McCann dijo: "La intención del cartel es resaltar la característica especial del ojo derecho de Madeleine. Queremos remarcarlo mucho, porque sabemos que le podrían cortar o teñir el pelo".

Can we have that in English, please?  As requested by Admin previously.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 03:23:10 PM »
Sorry, didn't see the request by Admin. Here's the best I can do;

MISSING CHILDREN

Have you seen this girl? ¿Have you seen this girl? 

MADELEINE MCCANN

Abducted in Praia Da Luz, Portugal, on March 5, 2007
Abducted from Praia Da Luz, Portugal, on March 5, 2007

"As you know my niece, Madeleine, is still missing and I am asking everyone I know to send a chain letter, that is, send it to all you know and who in turn do the same, since the news only known Britain, Ireland and Portugal. we do not believe that she follow in Portugal and we need your picture and your story crossing throughout Europe as quickly as possible. Any hint is welcome.

Phil McCann "

THE KEY TRACK IN THE EYES OF MADELEINE

The family of Madeleine McCann believes this new picture of her four years can be vital in your quest. The photo of the girl can clearly see a feature in his right eye [where the pupil runs into the blue-green iris]. The new poster of Madeleine is a distinctive feature to recognize Madeleine by those who seek it, as his uncles John and Diane McCann. The couple Glasgow try to spread as far as possible the poster with the description including your security forces. . Mrs McCann said. "The intention of the poster is to highlight the special feature of the right eye Madeleine We stress it a lot, because we know that you could cut or color your hair."

Result = happy posting.

Offline Carana

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 03:26:01 PM »
I don't get the problem with Auntie Phil publicising it.

The fact that Amaral got a press release organised (which included that distinguishing feature) on 4 May is on my rather short list of things he got right.

Is anyone now saying that he got that wrong as well?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 03:36:28 PM »
Sorry, didn't see the request by Admin. Here's the best I can do;

MISSING CHILDREN

Have you seen this girl? ¿Have you seen this girl? 

MADELEINE MCCANN

Abducted in Praia Da Luz, Portugal, on March 5, 2007
Abducted from Praia Da Luz, Portugal, on March 5, 2007

"As you know my niece, Madeleine, is still missing and I am asking everyone I know to send a chain letter, that is, send it to all you know and who in turn do the same, since the news only known Britain, Ireland and Portugal. we do not believe that she follow in Portugal and we need your picture and your story crossing throughout Europe as quickly as possible. Any hint is welcome.

Phil McCann "

The family of Madeleine McCann believes this new picture of her four years can be vital in your quest. The photo of the girl can clearly see a feature in his right eye [where the pupil runs into the blue-green iris]. The new poster of Madeleine is a distinctive feature to recognize Madeleine by those who seek it, as his uncles John and Diane McCann. The couple Glasgow try to spread as far as possible the poster with the description including your security forces. . Mrs McCann said. "The intention of the poster is to highlight the special feature of the right eye Madeleine We stress it a lot, because we know that you could cut or color your hair."

Thanks, Gunit.  No one expects perfection.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 03:56:40 PM »
I don't get the problem with Auntie Phil publicising it.

The fact that Amaral got a press release organised (which included that distinguishing feature) on 4 May is on my rather short list of things he got right.

Is anyone now saying that he got that wrong as well?

I think the point being made is that the PJ publicised the eye defect first, and they did. They didn't make a big thing of it, it was one of the distinguishing features they were told about. Philomena made it a bit more of a feature. Then the posters appeared which made a huge feature out of it;

Perhaps without the parent's involvement? Or perhaps not;

Clearly the family were keen to publicise it;

Result = happy posting.

Offline Carana

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 04:25:58 PM »
The point of publicising a distinguishing feature is to... distinguish the person from others who may otherwise appear similar.

There are millions of pretty little blonde girls.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 04:28:52 PM »
A slightly more polished translation of the Spanish bits.  Was there a reason it was in Spanish?

"As you know my niece, Madeleine, is still missing and I am asking everyone I know to send a chain letter, that is, send it to all you know and who in turn do the same, since the news is only known in Britain, Ireland and Portugal. We do not believe that she remains in Portugal and we need her picture and her story to cross all of Europe as quickly as possible. Any indication will be welcome.

Phil McCann."

The family of Madeleine McCann believes this new picture of her at four years may be vital in her quest. The photo of the girl allows one to see clearly a feature in her right eye [where the pupil runs into the blue-green iris]. The new sign of Madeleine is a distinctive feature to recognize Madeleine by those who seek her, according to her uncle John and aunt Diane McCann. The couple from Glasgow will try to spread as far as possible the poster with the description which includes the phone number of the security forces. Mrs McCann said, "The intention of the poster is to highlight the special feature of the right eye of Madeleine We stress it a lot, because we know that you could cut or colour the hair."
What's up, old man?

Offline Carana

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 04:31:01 PM »
I think Carlos Anjos and Amaral got their wires crossed...

But Portuguese police, whose investigations usually operate in secret, always opposed the publicity and did not even want the child’s photograph to be distributed.

Mr Anjos told Radio 4’s Inside Stories programme: “We thought that the photos should not show the distinct mark Madeleine had in her eye.

“From our experience of criminal investigations, if this was a kidnap – which is what we believed from the start – the revealing of such a distinct feature would put that person’s life in danger.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-492085/Madeleine-campaign-life-danger.html