Author Topic: The Route from The Algarve to Germany  (Read 5598 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: The Route from The Algarve to Germany
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2023, 04:56:21 PM »
Brueckner was still in Portugal on May 9th - he interpreted for his German holiday fling following her arrest at Faro airport for possessing Mace and that's confirmed by documentary evidence.
Imagine the smell and condition of a corpse possibly 6+ days old...

I don't think that he was necessarily transporting a corpse.  I think Madeleine could have been kept alive and drugged to keep her subdued or unconscious.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Anthro

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2023, 07:32:20 PM »
I don't think that he was necessarily transporting a corpse.  I think Madeleine could have been kept alive and drugged to keep her subdued or unconscious.

I think it’s possible he took her up north to Tomar, if Nicole F is to believed (she said she cannot be sure that he returned on the night of 3 May to Foral). From there, the plan could have been to take her across the border via northern Spain. But, something went wrong before she could leave Portugal. CB could still be back in Lagos to take his gf to the airport some days later with the police stopping them. Wolters said ‘murdered within days’.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2023, 09:56:27 AM »
The internet is full of little gems.

I found this one of interest.

Snip
Along with a few colleagues, Radcliffe convinced their company to set up a subsidiary focused on hostage response. The subsidiary, which they named Control Risks, would hire security experts – mostly former military and police – to handle negotiations. The cost of hiring the consultant was included in the policy and borne by the insurance company. In 1982, Control Risks became an independent company.
                    ::::        ::::        ::::        ::::        ::::        ::::
Through the debates and policy changes, the K&R industry not only survived but thrived. Then came September 11 2001, which changed the terms of the whole discussion. Rather than challenging the K&R industry as a whole, governments increasingly sought to draw a clearer distinction between criminal groups, to whom ransom could legally be paid, and terror groups, to whom it could not. The US and UK governments both maintained lists of Foreign Terrorist Organizations who could not receive ransom payments. In industry parlance, these groups were designated as “proscribed”.

This attempt to draw distinctions between criminal and terrorist organisations raised many tricky questions. It was clear that K&R policies could not reimburse policyholders who paid a ransom to a terrorist group. But could security consultants handle negotiations? Could they help families to raise and assemble the funds? And what about the families themselves? Would they be held legally liable for paying ransom to terrorists? “It’s all a grey area,” Milne acknowledged.
                   ::::        ::::        ::::        ::::        ::::        ::::
Adapted from We Want to Negotiate: The Secret World of Kidnapping, Hostages, and Ransom, published by Columbia Global Reports and available to buy at guardianbookshop.co.uk

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/jan/25/business-of-kidnapping-inside-the-secret-world-of-hostage-negotiation-ransom-insurance

It is quite a long cite, but interesting and well worth the read. It could also explain a lot about Amaral's hang ups regarding government interference, kidnap and his other hang ups as well as "Control Risks".

At more than one point I think the indication is that word from a kidnapper was awaited.  I don't think that would have occurred if there hadn't been "proof of life".
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2023, 06:12:21 PM »

Brueckner doesn't appear to have had Madeleine with him when he arrived in Germany, so either he didn't have her with him when he left or he dropped her off somewhere on the way, or even to someone.

He does appear to have had access to money when he arrived.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2023, 06:17:31 PM »
Brueckner doesn't appear to have had Madeleine with him when he arrived in Germany, so either he didn't have her with him when he left or he dropped her off somewhere on the way, or even to someone.

He does appear to have had access to money when he arrived.

It could be that he never set eyes on Madeleine McCann, of course.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2023, 06:43:07 PM »

It could be so.

Thank you for your contribution.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2023, 08:24:31 PM »

At the moment Brueckner is the prime suspect in Madeleine McCann's disappearance.  That is the fact of the matter. 

We are indulging in a discussion regarding his return to Germany and the route he may have taken from Portugal to get there. We know he did return shortly after Madeleine disappeared.

We didn't do the sums which made four.  The police did that for us.

Unlike the McCanns who had no access to a vehicle but who have been slurred abominably when they eventually hired one, Brueckner had a choice of vehicles and a choice of which routes to take using one of them.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2023, 08:43:32 PM »

Correct & it must be presumed he never did. This thread is libellous.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2023, 09:03:20 PM »
Correct & it must be presumed he never did. This thread is libellous.

This Thread is A Theory.  Theories aren't Libellous.  Are you thick or what?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2023, 09:06:41 PM »
It could be so.

Thank you for your contribution.

I've never seen any plausible reason being given for Brueckner re-registering his Jaguar on the day following Madeleine's disappearance.
Snip
Bruecnkner has also been linked to a 1993 British Jaguar, model XJR 6, with a German number plate and registered in Germany, which is believed to have been in the Praia da Luz and surrounding areas in 2006 and 2007. The car was originally registered in the suspect’s name but was re-registered to someone else in Germany the day after Madeleine’s disappearance, although the vehicle is believed to have still been in Portugal.
https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/04/madeleine-mccann-suspect-received-calls-near-holiday-flat-night-vanished-12802689/#:~:text=A%20German%20paedophile%2C%20nameed%20as%20Christian%20Brueckner%2C%20is,someone%20else%E2%80%99s%20name%20the%20day%20after%20the%20disappearance.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2023, 09:40:44 PM »
This Thread is A Theory.  Theories aren't Libellous.  Are you thick or what?

You're quite right. Amaral didn't libel the McCanns.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2023, 09:54:27 PM »
You're quite right. Amaral didn't libel the McCanns.

What a good idea.  I should write a book.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2023, 11:09:46 PM »
What a good idea.  I should write a book.
I’m certainly looking forward to Wolters’ book in which he details how Brückner dunnit.  It will doubtless make HCW a rich man and there’s not a thing Brückner can do to stop it happening.  Precedent clearly set.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2023, 11:15:03 PM »
I’m certainly looking forward to Wolters’ book in which he details how Brückner dunnit.  It will doubtless make HCW a rich man and there’s not a thing Brückner can do to stop it happening.  Precedent clearly set.

#MeeToo.  Don't forget Me.

Offline misty

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2023, 11:47:10 PM »
I've never seen any plausible reason being given for Brueckner re-registering his Jaguar on the day following Madeleine's disappearance.
Snip
Bruecnkner has also been linked to a 1993 British Jaguar, model XJR 6, with a German number plate and registered in Germany, which is believed to have been in the Praia da Luz and surrounding areas in 2006 and 2007. The car was originally registered in the suspect’s name but was re-registered to someone else in Germany the day after Madeleine’s disappearance, although the vehicle is believed to have still been in Portugal.
https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/04/madeleine-mccann-suspect-received-calls-near-holiday-flat-night-vanished-12802689/#:~:text=A%20German%20paedophile%2C%20nameed%20as%20Christian%20Brueckner%2C%20is,someone%20else%E2%80%99s%20name%20the%20day%20after%20the%20disappearance.

Mark Williams Thomas asked Alexander Bischof about this whilst making his recent documentary. IIRC Bischof said that Brueckner had given him the paperwork about 2 weeks prior to the Jag being re-registered, although I don't recall an explanation was given as to why re-registration was necessary. I'll need to watch the Paramount Plus documentary again.