Author Topic: Why did Amaral and PJ suspect the McCanns and Murat as being somehow involved?  (Read 170592 times)

AnneGuedes

The fact is that after 15 September 2007, the PJ would not have been able to constiute the McCanns or Murat as Argidos, becuase they did not have any proof of involvement.  Of course if they wanted to ask them certain questions (like the 48 questions) then they would not have been able to without the McCanns having arguido right, and for this they would have needed some proof beyond suspicion.
I don't think they could lift Mr Murat's arguido status but, yes, they wouldn't have given the McCanns the benefice of that status.
Now, no, the PJ had the right to interview them separately as witnesses and ask questions like "can you describe exactly what you did when you entered in the flat on the 3rd around 10 ?". Mrs McCann, of course could have lied, this is a right !, but she would have had to answer.
Ah, btw, their request to be assistants in the process, which had been accepted, would have remained (the MP suppressed it, judging it was incompatible with the arguido status, in fact it would have mainly be redundant).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:47:40 PM by AnneGuedes »

AnneGuedes

And i think that an asusmption that Gerry was lying would be a valid one, how can you get so spectacularly wrong the door you went in through only 14 hours after the event?

I believe (and i also agree) that Amaral and his team thought they were trying to create entry points to support the ability of an abductor to get in and the inital story for the group was that the entry point was through the patio door and then out through the window for said abductor.

When that didn't fly because of the Wilkins meeting at the bottom of the steps to the patio the 10th May statement then said he didn't go through the front door and it wasn't locked.

To any investigator it is not unreasonable to assume that such fundamental changes and alterations to statements concerning entry and exit points coupled with locked and unlocked would raise suspicion.
This is the first informal statement (night of the 3rd). The "didn't notice anything strange" of Mr Oldfied at 21:30 does fit with the carrier (observed along the corridor, Silvia Batista noted it was strange) 10 minutes earlier.
At about 21.05 – 21.15 Gerald went to the bedroom to see the children, he saw the bedroom door was half way open which he found strange as he thought he had left it pushed to, however he entered and saw the children and saw that the window as well as the shutter were closed.
At about 21.20, their friend Jane passed by the apartment (along the corridor of the main entrance) she saw an individual carrying a child who passed descending the road, however she did not recognise this individual, nor the child, only having noticed that the individual appeared to be aged between 30 or 40, had dark hair and light coloured trousers.
At about 21.30 their friend Mat entered the apartment by the back door (patio door) he did not enter the bedroom and only saw the twins sleeping, he did not notice anything strange.
At the same place, at about 22.00 Kate discovered the facts and the consequent disappearance of her daughter Madeleine, at this moment the window being wide open as well as the curtains and the shutter.

Offline sadie

Pick one who can use the language accurately and simply I would Gilet.
every bit Jazzy

No good having one like some on here 8(0(*

Rachel Granada

Well actually it was very sensible of insider to get permission to open this topic given the material which he intends to post.

I have added a caveat at the beginning of the
thread.

Where is this material, John?  The material that a Mod on here asked special permission to start a thread for.

Or is it a ploy to keep people tuned in?  This is a missing child, not an episode of Downton Abbey.

Again, has this information been passed to the police?  And should Mods be doing this kind of thing, making mysterious hints about information then vanishing? 

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
Anne, why do you feel the need to keep using Silvia Batista as though she's an important part of the investigation?.
She isn't, she's a maintenance manager, and why the hell outside people, with no qualifcations to do the job, were allowed to do PJ work is beyond me.

Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

AnneGuedes

Silvia Batista functioned as a translator all night. AFAIK nobody complained, or do you have other information ?
I doubt you can call a professional translator after midnight in the UK without life or death motive.

AnneGuedes

This is a report made by the PJ in the 5A, when listening to Mr McCann and thanks to Silvia Batista's go-between.

Offline DCI

AnneGuedes

Your statement betrays a fundamental lack of undertanding of the Portuguese penal code, Anne. 

The PJ would not have been able to ask those questions of a witness.
Which questions and why ? The first question for example ? The witness isn't expected to tell the truth !
See the interviews in August, off the record.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 05:51:48 PM by AnneGuedes »

Offline DCI

Silvia Batista functioned as a translator all night. AFAIK nobody complained, or do you have other information ?
I doubt you can call a professional translator after midnight in the UK without life or death motive.

Fair enough, but why was she used in the following days? As I have said before, there's not one professional translator listed, as far as I can see.
She was in the apartment during the dog searches, too, why?

AnneGuedes

The forced shutters were the version for the family and friends in the UK.
The version of Mr McCann to the PJ at the same time is "open shutters".
At about 22.00 Kate discovered the facts and the consequent disappearance of her daughter Madeleine, at this moment the window being wide open as well as the curtains and the shutter. (3/4 May night)
Michelle Thompson : Kate continued that when she entered the apartment via the patio doors, a breeze hit her in the face as if a door or window was open. When she entered the children’s room, the window was open, the blind had been forced and Madeleine had disappeared.
Jill  Renwick : They were just watching the hotel room and going back every half-hour and the shutters had been broken open and they had gone into the room and taken Madeleine
Double standard.

AnneGuedes

Fair enough, but why was she used in the following days? As I have said before, there's not one professional translator listed, as far as I can see.
She was in the apartment during the dog searches, too, why?
Used as a translator in the following days ? I had no idea. Where ? Why ?
Silvia Batista "is noted as the holder of the keys to the apartment and who was present solely to open doors."
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post13722.html#p13722

Offline gilet

Anne, why do you feel the need to keep using Silvia Batista as though she's an important part of the investigation?.
She isn't, she's a maintenance manager, and why the hell outside people, with no qualifcations to do the job, were allowed to do PJ work is beyond me.

If Silvia Batista was allowed to do any kind of investigative work that is a clear indication of the incomptetence of the person coordinating the Police actions.

Am I right in recalling that it was Silvia Batista who was seen sprawling over a chair in one of the dog videos? Or was that some other OC employee?

Offline DCI

If Silvia Batista was allowed to do any kind of investigative work that is a clear indication of the incomptetence of the person coordinating the Police actions.

Am I right in recalling that it was Silvia Batista who was seen sprawling over a chair in one of the dog videos? Or was that some other OC employee?

Odd isn't it Gilet?
Yes she was the one sitting at the table, when the dog went round her feet!

How were the PJ to know, she wasn't involved in the abduction? Stranger things have happened!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 06:49:04 PM by DCI »