Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 242543 times)

Alfie

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #540 on: August 04, 2016, 06:55:20 PM »
Corbyn has pledged to build 1 million new homes (half of them council houses) in 5 years.  That's 547 new houses built every single day for 5 years.  Do we have that many builders or will we have to import the whole of Poland to get them built?

Offline puglove

« Reply #541 on: August 04, 2016, 11:37:46 PM »
It could also mean he is true to hmself when things dont work out

Yup, time will tell

I'm sorry, duck, but Corbyn does NOT do it for me. He's scruffy, shabby, grudging, universally disliked within his own party, he's got dodgy teeth, bad hair, he's been married THREE TIMES, he's also made the beast with Diane Abbot (Diane ABBOT!!) and he couldn't give a shit about people who've worked hard and made a few bob. He's a total shambles, and he'd make us a laughing stock.

%56&
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline puglove

« Reply #542 on: August 04, 2016, 11:49:32 PM »
I'm sorry, duck, but Corbyn does NOT do it for me. He's scruffy, shabby, grudging, universally disliked within his own party, he's got dodgy teeth, bad hair, he's been married THREE TIMES, he's also made the beast with Diane Abbot (Diane ABBOT!!) and he couldn't give a shit about people who've worked hard and made a few bob. He's a total shambles, and he'd make us a laughing stock.

%56&

I actually like to sit in my garden at the end of the day, watching the bats, drinking Pimms and giving the cucumber and strawberries to my horses. I've bloody earnt it, and deserve it. But if it was up to Corbyn, we'd all be Winston Smith.     %56&
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Alfie

« Reply #543 on: August 05, 2016, 05:43:50 PM »

%56&
But worst of all he doesn't have the skills necessary of a successful leader, as evidenced by the huge vote of no confidence in those he is supposed to be leading.

Alfie

« Reply #544 on: August 05, 2016, 05:48:42 PM »
Today's Jeremy f..k-Up re Shami Chakrabati peerage:

In the latest example of Mr Corbyn failing to consult colleagues, Mr Watson told the BBC’s Today programme: “I wasn’t aware, I wasn’t consulted whether Shami was going in. I didn’t know that we’d provided citations for this particular round, and I do think it’s a mistake.”

Mr Tom Watson is the deputy leader of the Labour Party btw.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #545 on: August 05, 2016, 07:07:45 PM »
I actually like to sit in my garden at the end of the day, watching the bats, drinking Pimms and giving the cucumber and strawberries to my horses. I've bloody earnt it, and deserve it. But if it was up to Corbyn, we'd all be Winston Smith.     %56&

As long as you're OK the rest of the people of Britain who don't have what you have can starve? Including those who can't improve their position; the sick, the old, the disabled? Nice.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #546 on: August 05, 2016, 07:32:28 PM »
As long as you're OK the rest of the people of Britain who don't have what you have can starve? Including those who can't improve their position; the sick, the old, the disabled? Nice.
Yes, that's exactly what Puglove said - jeez, talk about putting words in people's mouths!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #547 on: August 09, 2016, 05:57:26 PM »
Corbyn has pledged to build 1 million new homes (half of them council houses) in 5 years.  That's 547 new houses built every single day for 5 years.  Do we have that many builders or will we have to import the whole of Poland to get them built?

It would be like being back in the early 1950s slinging up houses at the rate of 250,000+ per annum all done by Paddy and Polak power.
It would be very good news for the Dutch and Belgian brick industries though unless the UK can gear up a bit.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #548 on: August 09, 2016, 06:59:52 PM »

1. A perfectly reasonable stance provided you don't come to me looking for a kin hand out when it all goes tits up for you.
2. 2+2 is five isn't it.
 @)(++(*

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #549 on: August 09, 2016, 09:05:30 PM »
Whatever people think about Corbyn the Labour Party is changing under his leadership. The NEC elections gave the Left Wingers a majority, thanks to the constituency party votes.

Here is an analysis of his supporters - who they really are and why they want change;

Corbyn supporters are not delusional Leninists but ordinary, fed-up voters

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/09/jeremy-corbyn-supporters-voters-labour-leader-politics
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #550 on: August 09, 2016, 11:40:51 PM »
Whatever people think about Corbyn the Labour Party is changing under his leadership. The NEC elections gave the Left Wingers a majority, thanks to the constituency party votes.

Here is an analysis of his supporters - who they really are and why they want change;

Corbyn supporters are not delusional Leninists but ordinary, fed-up voters

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/09/jeremy-corbyn-supporters-voters-labour-leader-politics
Yes, the Labour Party is changing - from an electable party to an unelectable one, well done Jeremy and all his fed-up supporters.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #551 on: August 10, 2016, 10:35:44 AM »
Yes, the Labour Party is changing - from an electable party to an unelectable one, well done Jeremy and all his fed-up supporters.

Bloody good job too we don't want any of this democracy crap. Benevolent dictatorship is much better.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #552 on: August 10, 2016, 03:00:09 PM »

What use is an electable party which doesn't deliver the policies it's members need? Who says it's unelectable? It's MP's [who haven't even attempted to represent the party members], various 'experts [they got Brexit wrong], the media [what do they know] and Alfie. Let's just wait and see where this goes, it's certainly putting the wind up the establishment. The desperate attempts to discredit Corbyn suggest he is a real threat.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #553 on: August 10, 2016, 09:55:05 PM »
What use is an electable party which doesn't deliver the policies it's members need? Who says it's unelectable? It's MP's [who haven't even attempted to represent the party members], various 'experts [they got Brexit wrong], the media [what do they know] and Alfie. Let's just wait and see where this goes, it's certainly putting the wind up the establishment. The desperate attempts to discredit Corbyn suggest he is a real threat.
Yes, Corbyn is a threat - to his own party and to those who don't relish another generation of Tory rule.  Do you REALLY believe I am the only ordinary voter who thinks Corbyn is a complete disaster for his party, and for the concept of democracy in this country generally?  Get real.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #554 on: August 10, 2016, 11:21:08 PM »
Yes, Corbyn is a threat - to his own party and to those who don't relish another generation of Tory rule.  Do you REALLY believe I am the only ordinary voter who thinks Corbyn is a complete disaster for his party, and for the concept of democracy in this country generally?  Get real.

So what is the concept of democracy in the UK?

a. system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

b. control of an organization or group by the majority of its members.

c. the belief in freedom and equality between people.

it seems to be more like "having a general election every five years where we can choose between two groups who, pretty much, will do the same things when elected: to whit raise taxes to fund their political whims and screw the needs and wishes of the population". The latter [screw the wishes of the population] may or may not be a bad thing.