Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 850149 times)

Offline Jean-Pierre

The remit of the auditors is only to confirm that the accounts meet the legal requirements

You may need to brush at a bit on your company law.  8(0(*

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/part/16/chapter/3/crossheading/duties-and-rights-of-auditors

Offline pegasus

Which fund paid for the Jan 2009 trip to Lisbon and the associated legal costs?

Offline slartibartfast

“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Jean-Pierre

Nope, Peggy was right.

I think you may need to explain that comment.

Offline pegasus

You may need to brush at a bit on your company law.  8(0(*

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/part/16/chapter/3/crossheading/duties-and-rights-of-auditors
I posted an abbreviation of that, Jean.
Can you tell me, are the auditors responsible for guaranteeing that all expenditure has been solely to further the stated "objects"?

Offline Jean-Pierre

Can you tell me, are the auditors responsible for guaranteeing that all expenditure has been solely to further the stated "objects"?

Thanks - yes I just saw that. 

Not guarantee - that would require forensic analysis.  However, the auditors can call on any records, and if they have doubts as to the integrity of the accounting records they can qualify the accounts. 

Offline slartibartfast

Thanks - yes I just saw that. 

Not guarantee - that would require forensic analysis.  However, the auditors can call on any records, and if they have doubts as to the integrity of the accounting records they can qualify the accounts.

Nothing to do with the company objects?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

No. That would be the responsibility of the directors.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

I'm afraid typing cliches won't help you ferryman.

Most people have seen through that act along time ago.

The injustice was against Madeleine, and many hold the mccanns responsible for that.

Kate McCann did say that they had let her down. 
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline pegasus

I think you may need to explain that comment.
Especially as I don't know the first thing about auditing.
I'm just curious which of the "objects" the Jan 2009 trip was for.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 09:13:59 PM by pegasus »

Offline Jean-Pierre

There are a number of threads which address the No Stone Unturned company, and associated accounting.

This thread is dedicated to Amarals appeal.  And the funding of that is pertinent to the subject of this thread.

I am certainly not suggesting that debate about the McCanns fund, or financial arrangements, should be supressed.

I am intrigued that certain posters seem to object so strongly to a suggestion that the Amaral defence fund should be subject to any scrutiny.  What I would like to see is a bank statement, covering the period where the GoFundMe fundraising was in operation. 

What is the problem with providing this information?

Offline slartibartfast

There are a number of threads which address the No Stone Unturned company, and associated accounting.

This thread is dedicated to Amarals appeal.  And the funding of that is pertinent to the subject of this thread.

I am certainly not suggesting that debate about the McCanns fund, or financial arrangements, should be supressed.

I am intrigued that certain posters seem to object so strongly to a suggestion that the Amaral defence fund should be subject to any scrutiny.  What I would like to see is a bank statement, covering the period where the GoFundMe fundraising was in operation. 

As a fund, Amaral's never promised to be transparent and was for one purpose only.

Offline pegasus

Good idea for PJGA and also why don't MF publish their bank records too? So the many donators will be able to see exactly how much was paid to M3 and to that other company (information which is rather difficult to find in uninformative CH accounts)

Offline Jean-Pierre

As a fund, Amaral's never promised to be transparent and was for one purpose only.

Fair enough.  In that case there will always be a big question mark over the "defence fund".  I am beginning to smell a big rat.    ?{)(**

Offline slartibartfast

Fair enough.  In that case there will always be a big question mark over the "defence fund".  I am beginning to smell a big rat.    ?{)(**

It would be a bigger rat if it promised to be transparent and wasn't.